Xbox One to Launch on November 22, 2013

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The release date for the Xbox One has been announced! It will hit stores on November 22nd, a week after the PlayStation 4 and it will still cost $100 more than the PS4. This is a big week for Xbox One...

Xbox One to Launch on November 22, 2013

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm surprised the Xbox will cost more than the PS4.

Since the PS4 has better hardware yet costs less is a great reason to buy the PS4.

3. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    Part of the reason if I remember correctly is that the PS4 will not have the camera bundled with the console and you will have to purchase it separately.

This may have been changed though,

4. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Micro$oft thinking..Let's bundle the console with stuff most users don't need or don't like.Let's use the slowest hardware possible and add a bunch of annoying functions.. :puke2: so happy am a PC Gamer. The only pity is that the future consoles are already slow for future games.And let's not even start talking about the soon to come move to 4K..

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    When it was announced that Kinect was mandatory on the Xbox One I vowed there and then not to buy one and instead pre-ordered a PS4, the only console I was really interested in anyway as the Wii U has turned out to be a huge flop with a dire range of uninteresting, last gen-ish games.

However, as soon as Microsoft announced that the Xbox One does not require Kinect to run the console became an interesting proposition again and I immediately pre-ordered one along with Forza Motorsport 5 (which looks like a far more sophiscated game in terms of graphics and simulation than Gran Turismo 6 which, unfortunately for it, is released three weeks after Forza 5), Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3. This comes with a free copy of FIFA 14 as well, which is nice because this year's PC version, which is one I normally buy, is apparently gimped. As for Kinect, I plan on leaving it in the box and never using it; I've no interest in pointless, gimmicky motion-control, thank you very much. Got bored of all that on my underused Wii.

It does mean that one week after the Xbox One has launched, I will be getting a PS4 as well, with four games, which might not be nice for my bank balance but it does mean I can compare first impressions of both. I am more excited about the PS4 though, mainly because based on the PS3 it will likely have a more diverse and appealing range of games than the Xbox One.

6. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    The biggest turn off is u pay 100$ more for Kinect which I don't want

7. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    True, but they'll just pay the devs and multi-platform games will look pretty much the same on both consoles:puke2:

8. Templ

Templ Guest

Looks like an old VCR. :D Have no interest at all in this, TBH. PS4, on the other hand, is much more interesting, especially because PS always gets exclusives (like the recent "The Last of Us") that never make it on PC.