WWE talk.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 23, 2016.

1. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    It's scripted not fake

The outcomes are pre determined, but calling it fake assumes people don't get hurt

They do, and often

I prefer RAW myself, but it's on for too long at 3 hours.

Enjoy watching AJ Styles and Kevin Owens though. Styles especially is incredible

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    You pretty much summed up there what type of person watches WWE...

People with zero brains.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    And why is this? Wrestling fans are actually not stupid, they all know its scripted, but we all know the dangers these men and women put their bodies through.

Its entertainment, not much different from going to watch a stage play only their stage is a ring. The wrestlers are actors who play the roles of characters, generally either a heel (bad guys) or a babyface (good guy/hero).

Wrestling fans also appreciate real contact sports like UFC, whilst some don't like it or watch it its not as if we don't respect it. Unlike most UFC fans who look down upon wrestling. When in fact BOTH are extremely similar. Just take Conner Mcgregor for instance you really think he is like that in real life? He has a character that he created for himself to get him "over" with the fans. Much like a wrestler does.

He isn't stupid he knows that getting over with the fans means people will want to see him fight meaning he will draw more money. Again much like wrestling, if your a heel and the crowd boo you, your doing your job correctly and people will pay money to see you get beat up.

Also I would say that majority of wrestlers are actually much tougher than people may think. A UFC fighter will have around 5 matches a year if that, the rest of the time they are training. Whilst a wrestler is on the road 320 days a year, flying all over the world, doing interviews, charity work, not to mention being slammed into the mat or floor 5 sometimes 6 times a week. One wrong move and they could end up paralyzed. Some of them even do it for very little money because they love the life style.

If you look back at past wrestlers who have died, majority of them are from drug abuse which stems from the pain involved in the job they do. Most used to get addicted to pain killers some taking an insane amount every day just to get them through the next few hours. I remember hearing Shane Douglas saying he took 80+ vicodin in one day which is near 3 times the does that would take out a gorilla!!

I always point none fans towards this excellent eye opening documentary "Beyond the mat".

It's here if you want to give it a chance and maybe open up that closed brain of yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryt6uc4Ojes

It is quite old now so a lot have changed in the industry but it really does open the eyes to none fans. It won't convert them into fans and it doesn't try to. It tries to educate none fans into at the very least respecting the performers and the people who work in the industry. Instead of looking down on it and its fans.

It is literally no different from watching Game Of Thrones or Walking Dead. Its fake, its scripted, and its entertainment.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Was a bit harsh there. Reason being it's not real.

I find even watching 2 mins of it agonisingly awfull. It's complete bull****.

It's trash entertainment like watching big brother or even the x factor (that's just about passable).

And comparing WWE to something like Game of thrones? Wow I dont think the cast/creators would like that comparison...I think they would be horrified.

Acting terms it's complete slapstick crud.

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    @CPC_RedDawn
    Very well put.

@mitzi76
    You calling WWE viewers no brainers and then failing to understand the analogy between Game of Thrones and the WWE says more about you than anything else. Just you going around throwing generalizations without understanding their point of view or why they enjoy it in the first place is really closed minded. Ironic to say the least.

I haven't watched a WWE match for over a decade, just saying before you play the next ignorant card and call me a fan or whatever.

Cheers

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    News flash bro.... NEITHER IS GAME OF THRONES!!!!

This is what I was trying to say, if you find it "agonizingly awful" then why on earth click on the thread in the first place? Basically to try and be a clever troll. Well guess what you failed and only made your self look like an idiot for even clicking the thread to begin with.

Its also "trash entertainment" that has made more money this year than it has ever done in the companies history. It's this same "trash" that just broke attendance records for Wrestlemania with over 101,000 people. The show is aired in over 145 countries around the world in hundreds of languages.

So it maybe trash entertainment to you, but to millions... and I mean millions of fans, its something they like.

Now please hit that back button on your browser.

7. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    So .... Your opinion is the only one that matters is it?

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Game of thrones has acting and a decent storyline.

The fact that WWE make money even makes it more depressing that people watch this ****.

Am not trolling just saying something is crap and isnt worth watching. If you want to do so that's your choice!

Am sure there's quite a few of us with intellect in this world so am sure am not the only one with the same opinion.

But my point is made so carry on with your WWE appreciation.

p.s clicking on a thread to say it's crap isnt trolling it's giving an opinion so before you start calling me a troll engage the brain a bit more.

9. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I find myself watching more TNA Wrestling than WWE though I do enjoy both just TNA more. I been watching WWE for over 20 yrs and yes i watched WCW as well.

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I never really liked WCW and still watched WWF over it. TNA is just minor league stuff with nowhere near the production values or entertainment value of the WWE. I also do not like UFC at all. I prefer boxing but that was ruined by the likes of Don King. UFC and all MMA stuff is what they used to call "dirty fighting" when I was young. I can't get into it and one of the big reasons is that it IS real and too brutal. I honestly watch WWE more for the drama, humor, and storylines than the in ring action.

I also wish they would dump this resurrected Cruiserweight division. The guys are boring with no personality.

How about that Nikki Bella though? My God, she's hot and Lana is just drop dead gorgeous. With the women, who cares if they have ring skills? I sure don't.

I have never seen Game of Thrones because I don't have any of those pay channels. I watch things like The Walking Dead, Dark Matter, The Librarians, Z Nation, Aftermath, and other things like that. The further a show gets from mundane reality, the more I like it. I guess that's why I have been a WWF/WWE fan since the 1970's. It is a legitimate form of entertainment and becoming more mainstream all the time.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

11. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    TNA is lower scale than WWE of course but they do not by any means suck and theyre story lines are currently better and so are theyre wrestlers

12. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    decent raw tonight ,cant believe they let roman win smh at the writing team

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I don't get all the dislike for Reigns. To me, he's the perfect guy to hold or challenge for the biggest titles. Personally I like him more than Styles but I do really like Ambrose.

RAW was pretty good but I called Sasha Banks winning the Women's title back. Why? Because they are obviously setting Charlotte up to win the title back so many times that she equals or surpasses her father's total.

14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    I can't agree with that. I tried to watch them but just can't get into it. Especially now when all the best talent has jumped ship a long time ago.

15. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    its not so much a hate of roman but more the way the writers had booked him and tried to force him upon us,i will say he is being booked better now for sure,and agreed they are setting charlotte up to have as many title runs as dad an sasha is her "sting" so no problem there , the main event was good

16. deathroned

deathroned Guest

GPU:
    But Charlotte is to fat IMHO, she should be aesthetic I kinda find her disgusting as in Lena Dunham disgusting, I also don't get the Reigns and Cena hate. At least then Goldberg might win the title.

17. deathroned

deathroned Guest

GPU:
    WWE over Game Of Trash, you my friend are suffering from low test, any male who watches female shows is a humiliation and an embarrassment to Masculinity.

18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The drama in this thread is almost as bad as the drama in WWE.

...Couldn't resist. Live and let live, if people enjoy wrestling that's great for them. Not sure why some feel the need to piss on their parade. I used to watch a little when I was a kid, and some of the old computer games were pretty badass. I'd rather watch something like Game of Thrones now, though.

19. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Anyone see T.L.C. on Sunday. Am gonna watch it tomorrow. It should be a good'n.

20. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Charlotte is not fat, she just has a weird figure. She has no hips and is straight down from the armpits. She's actually built a lot like her Dad. She also obviously had a boob job like Natalya and Nikki Bella before her. Nikki Bella is smoking hot though, unlike the other two.

I watched TLC and it was pretty good. A really good part was at the end of the Miz/Ziggler match. After Miz kicked Dolph in the crotch twice, the announcer, Maury Ranallo, said he had done two attacks on "the peninsula below the equator". I had never heard it described that way and it still makes me laugh.

It was a great match as any match with Ziggler in it always is. That guy sells moves better than anyone in the business, his opponent's as well as his own, and win or lose, always puts out a great performance.