Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Im sorry, but the first sentense didnt make any sense? Im talking about the following two settings.

seta com_videoRam "1536"
    seta jobs_numThreads "8"

Im trying to figure out a way i can trick the game into letting me choose ultra in vt cache, as that should help quite a bit on the texture popins, and im thinking that if i note 4096 in the video ram line, perhaps it would Work.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Finally finished downloading at 4amNZ time. At the first part on the plane i get a 60fps with everything on
    medium at 1080p,. Might try dropping a few more settings then use downsaming for 1440p, as the diff between ultra and medium isnt that big... so far.

Might even wait for a patch to see if that will help performance.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ah, I thought you were talking about save directory .cfg :)

Those 2 lines were my gpu specific, you use your vram size there, 2048? and you can keep that jobthread=8, worked ok on my old cpu Q9450 and Rage, got faster cuda benchmark.

*keep VT compression - on,

default 512 vs 16k is a huge difference, no compression can cripple to max.

Btw, you can use all those parameters in save directory config and remove that one from default Game Base folder,.. but now it has to be read-only or it will delete all lines afterwards you die.

Sorry all for this confusion, its how it worked in Rage though.. :nerd:

Ie like so

Idk about 16K textures, cant test anymore, but by Rage it eliminated that popup (needs 1.5gb), because it stored larger pages and if I turned around it had higher texture size so it needed less to stream in.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    '

I dont know if i didnt Express myself clearly, but im purely looking for a way to force the game into letting me use ultra vt cache.

So writing my actual vram wouldnt do me much good, as they have that retarded 3gb vram minimum rule to use ultra... hence why i want to trick the game into thinking i have more than 2gb.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cant try as im at school, but someone from Overclock. net has posted this.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1490682/...ics-comparison-now-with-4k-ultra-gameplay/200

Wouldnt using Ultra VT Cache lower performance more or will it increase it?

6. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;
    Just checked the logs and the game is actually initializing OpenGL v3.2 feature set. A game in 2014 using 3.2 feature set... :3eyes:

7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    It will increase vram consumption, as it will store more textures, but it should give Little to no fps hit.

I really want to get rid of the texture pop ins though, and the ultra vt cache would help doing that.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, i see.

Thanks.

Theres this lots, though dont know if its of any help.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/558756256617043584/
    Dirty Dan 20 May @ 3:00pm
    Any commands that refer to DOF, Hands FOV, anything besides texture filtering/size are locked out. HUD bindings and FOV bindings work. Here are the commands i currently have in my wolfconfig.cfg

g_permaInfiniteAmmo "1"
    g_permaGodMode "1"
    vt_useCudaTranscode "1"
    vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly2 "8192"
    vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly "8192"
    vt_pageImageSizeUnique "8192"
    vt_uncompressedPhysicalImages "1"
    r_fullscreenWindowed "1"
    r_mode "21"
    image_anisotropy "16"
    image_useCompression "0"
    vt_maxPPF "128"
    vt_lodbias "-2"

Also to get good performance, i set Texture to Ultra (High), PPF to 64 ingame but to 128 in conifg, Shadows to 2048, SSR to Medium or High (in certain areas is intensive) DOF to Medium as it also is intensive and crap. Haze effect to off as it is very intensive and crap. Extra effects to off as the AA Filtering is forced through config. You can also force AA but r_multisamples 4-16. the perma lines are cheats.

Directory is

User\Saved Games\MachineGames\Wolfenstein The New Order\base

If you have any questions or find any other discoveries, just hit me up

You can also add commands to your shortcut with the +com prefix. Here are mine.

"C:\Games\Wolfenstein The New Order\WolfNewOrder_x64.exe" +com_skipIntroVideo 1 +com_allowConsole 1 +com_maxfps 120 +r_swapInterval 1 +vt_maxPPF 64 +vt_pageImageSizeUnique 8192 +vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly 8192 +vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly2 8192 +

Engine is capped at 60fps ingame, so there goes trying out my new 144hz monitor. SweetFX at the moment also does not work due to the game being OpenGL. Despite what most people have thought, iDTech 5 is OpenGL based. No DirectX.

And RAGE tweaks that may work in Wolf.
    http://rage.wikia.com/wiki/Tweaks

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    these 2 are handy

com_skipIntroVideo "1"
    com_allowconsole "1"

well setting VT-cache to ultra means higher pages in general ie those 16k, etc so it shouldnt matter at all at what size it is ingame...

by Rage it was set to low instead of high afterwards, because the game doesnt know how to name those 16k size texture maps.

You can try to put only vram size 4096 and test if it shows up, but I kinda doubt it because it will overwrite the file as soon as you try to change anything in gfx menu.

Wolfenstein log confirms it, it can use 16k,

0.0 seconds to load and lock 21 pages
    S 4096 4096 1 linr DXT5 clmp 16384k _physicalvmtrpages1
    S 4096 4096 1 linr DXT1 clmp 8192k _physicalvmtrpages0
    S 4096 4096 1 linr DXT5 clmp 16384k _physicalvmtrpages2
    S 128 128 1 linr DXT5 clmp 16k _physicaluniquepages1
    S 128 128 1 linr DXT1 clmp 8k _physicaluniquepages0
    S 128 128 1 linr DXT5 clmp 16k _physicaluniquepages2
    S 128 128 1 linr DXT5 clmp 16k _physicaluniquediffuseonlypages1
    S 128 128 1 linr DXT5 clmp 16k _physicaluniquediffuseonly2pages1

but again VT-compression needs to be on (in this case above its using DXT compression), or it will crawl.
    BetA confirmed this, he's using no compression and when he used 8k pages it ran at 7-10fps running out of vram..

Edit:

btw in Rage there was basically no difference between no compression or DXT or even HDP or DCT.
    But apparently it makes a huge difference here in Wolfenstein and affects unique size thus only small 512..
    With compression it can get away with 8-16k, I think.
    *DXT is optimal.

Well I could play normally like with default and got higher cpu usage and a little lower gpu usage by gpu bound locations so I could get higher 3-7fps on avg.

10. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @-Tj-: Will you upgrade from GTX 580 to new videocard!?? Why? Due to out of VRAM?

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    no due to 1x more power. :D

And I got it rather cheap, custom 780 for 326€ (no tax) on Firm.^

12. Pura.

Pura. Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim
    Have to say, game is amazing so far... played around 4-5 hours , would give it a 9/10 (cause of the ****ty engine)

Tho funny thing... me and my roommate have almost the same system, the only difference is the GPU .. i went for 780ti , and he took the 7970 ghz e. cause he was lacking money

im playing on Ultra, using tj's cfg..getting 60fps without a single drop
    my friend tho, no mather what cfg he uses ... ultra is almost a no go since his fps drops a lot, and even at 60 it stutters somehow ... hes now waiting for me to finish the game so he can play it on my pc lol

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Those lines like
    vt_maxPPF “128"
    vt_useCudaTranscode “1"

dont need to have seta in front of them to work ? I mean in the wolfconfig in the saved games..

14. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Anyone experiencing seasickness playing this? Love the game so far but found myself feeling nauseous after about 2 hours of play. :puke2:

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I get that when fov isn't configured correctly, either too narrow or two wide.

16. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    Any recommendations ? Cant play the game for more than a couple of hours without wanting to cover my 27" with dinner.

17. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    wasn't it said that FOV can be changed :3eyes:?
    It worked in Rage no problem.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    your mouse speed and fov are out of sync, this is what causes the nausea, keep your preferred mouse speed and work the fov round it, usually I suffer this when it's too wide.

19. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    can you please explain this abit cos this is the first time I hear about this, and I remember having mentioned problems in some games.
    cheers.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    FC3 was the worst for fov, it let you have a ultra wide fov but coupled with a fast mouse speed the character movement was all wonky,
    basically the character movement didn't feel natural (mouse movement) and with a high fov and a fast mouse it was more difficult to get into the characters shoes as it just felt wrong.
    small fov is like having your face pressed up against the screen, having it too high is like playing the game on a screen at the very far end of a long corridor.
    when outta sync there's no instinctive feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.