Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18362

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    UPDATE 3/26: Over the last couple of weeks, Insiders in the Slow ring have been receiving new 19H1 builds in addition to also receiving Cumulative Updates. After flighting Build 18362 to the Slow ring on Friday, Insiders began reporting they were unable to complete the update. We have discovered an issue with the Build 18356.16 (KB4494123) Cumulative Update that was preventing the update to Build 18362 from completing successfully. This issue only impacts Insiders who are on Build 18356.16 who try to update to Build 18362. THANK YOU to Insiders who reported feedback on this in Feedback Hub and upvoted – your feedback was immensely valuable in helping investigate this issue over the weekend! The team is currently working on a fix now. In the meantime, Build 18362 will no longer be offered to Insiders who are on Build 18356.16, so Insider PCs don’t continue to try and take Build 18362 and fail. We will post another update once we release the fix and resume the Build 18362 flight. Thank you!

2. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Wouldn't be an RTM without fuckups

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  3. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    Anti-Cheat software causing GSOD's have been an issue with preview builds for a while however they do get sorted within the release Window, hopefully this is the case this time around like it has been with others.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What issue ?

[​IMG]

5. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    It is with battleye for the 100th time not easy anti cheat. Try pubg and let me know if you gsod.

Strange Times likes this.
  6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Any reason NOT to update to this build from 1809 right now? It will receive a couple of cumulative updates and that's probably it?

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No confirmation it is the final build (probably is) but going from MS history of Windows 10 it could very easily be pulled and a new one released anyway

If you don't mind upgrading again if that happens, go for it

Vidik likes this.
  9. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I don't mind upgrading if something happens, wouldn't be the first time:)
    brb installing

Extraordinary likes this.
  10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'll wait for the updated MCT, as usual.

Dj_ALeX and Strange Times like this.

11. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation
    what the hell

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nope, it had more issues than 1607 ever did.

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    1507 wins

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yeah nah.

1507 could corrupt itself between starts breaking the shell experience host and all "Metro" based ui's with it.

15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    hmm seems faster then 1809 build..

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The build is RTM quality, it feels really snappy.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Fixed

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    For you, maybe.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I installed this build a few days ago and so far everything has been working great though there are a few (though thankfully not too many) bugs that I've come across.

First is that the truncated FLAC metadata bug is still there when using Groove Music despite the fact that I thought this issue had been fixed in this build. This bug results in FLAC songs have cropped artist, album and song titles as Groove reads their data from the embedded id3 metadata. This doesn't affect Windows Media Player (ironic given how old that program is now!) or MediaMonkey.

This issue first occurred in Windows 10 v1809 as Microsoft seemingly broke something that had been working in v1803 and earlier. (And, yes, I could just use those but I actually like Groove Music as it typically starts up quicker than those other apps and seems to have a lower memory/CPU overhead on my system.)

The second bug is one that has only started happening since installing this build. I typically have a lot of apps and programs pinned to my taskbar - some 25, including Settings, Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail, Groove Music (of course!), Edge, etc. The order from left to right as it appeared post-Windows upgrade was:

Start - Search bar - Cortana - Task View - Microsoft Store - Xbox - Groove Music - Photos - Films & TV - Mail - Edge - etc - etc

However, post-upgrade, I noticed that the pinned Settings icon had disappeared from the taskbar so I tried to add it. It was showing as already pinned so I unpinned it and tried pinning it again. This resulted in the Microsoft Store icon disappearing. So I tried to add that again but it was showing as already pinned. I unpinned it only for the Xbox icon to disappear.

Seeing a pattern yet?

It seems that when Task View is enabled on the taskbar that it places itself over one of the other icons already on the taskbar, in this case it was Settings hence why I was unable to see it (there is a tiny 3-4 pixel bar there though between the Task View and pinned icon to the left and clicking on that opens the obscured app). If I right-click on the taskbar and deselect Task View then the obscured icon reappears!

Not sure if this is some perculiarity of my Windows 10 being an upgrade from v1809 (which was an upgrade from v1803 and v1709 before that, etc) but I do use Start 10 from Stardock. However, although Start10 is installed (v1.61 by the way), I am using the default Windows 10 Start menu so I don't think it is that causing the issue.

A workaround would be for me to pin a dummy app icon to the right of Cortana then when I re-enable Task View it would simply obscure that icon and everything else would be accessible as normal. Shouldn't have to do that though.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It may not occur with certain combinations of pinned icons but I would appreciate it if someone else could test with the pinned apps listed above and let me know if they have the same issue or not? Thanks in advance.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It's an unspoken law for Windows 10 RTM, bust be as buggy as possible for it to progress from IP to RTM