Watch dogs revival mod(E3 2012)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by KAOS GAMING, Aug 2, 2017.

1. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    I noticed sun lens flare is missing in this version.

2. Sefinternal

Sefinternal Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960 4gb
    How to install?

I for some reason am puzzled about how to install this. I installed the definitive mod. but don't know how to install this.

3. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

you simply rename both revival.dat and revival.fat to patch.dat and patch.fat and then add them to your datawin64 folder and replace if asked.

4. volkin

volkin Guest

GPU:
    G.Skill DDR4 /16 GB
    Hi Kaos,
    Thank you for this mod and all who contributed in it I haven't tried it yet but it looks amazing, it's good to see people out there still working on modding this game.

can you add the head animation like in the E3 demo when he pass nearby someone he turn his head a litle bit and look at him I think it's called "head tracking"
    can you add the smoke going out from the ground and from the chemneys ?

Thankssss

5. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

about the head animation if i added it it will disable the looking forward animation so he will just walk looking on his phone and at other people instead of just looking forward like e3 while holding his phone. and if you mean while the profiler is off then i will see about it cuz i am not sure.

about smoke from chimneys its already there but i can make it more clear. the smoke on the ground is called morning mist which is impossible to add sadly :(

6. Mrlu

Mrlu Guest

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Hi KAOS :) well, about the chimney smokes mmm I dont know what are you saying with clear :/ but if its a reference to "clear=big" more noticeable, well just increase the size or lifetime or emitt rate.

And about the electrical particles of the ps4 reveal the name line is electricalexplosion.......every value of those (sparkchild, sparkbody, sparkburstrear, singlesparksecondary.name, sparkburst.name) are the values to modify :) < values for the sparks, but there are another values in there.

For others particles there are the values for propane tank and propane small pipes and the dust and garbage...

wdfx_brk_streetfurniture.propanebottle.explosion <Small propane
    wdfx_brk <This line is the line for a lot of differents options of breakables, it has diferents objects of the world.
    wdfx_env <This line has the options for the environments options like dust or leaves or plants or blackout.

Just Info, thanks for the mod, waiting news updates!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  7. volkin

volkin Guest

GPU:
    G.Skill DDR4 /16 GB
    Ah okay.
    just to make it clear, when I said "smoke going out from the ground" I didn't mean morning mist . idk how it's called but it's available on Natural & Realistic mod I think its name "steam grates" google it or Increased steam/smoke by Essenthy.

About the chimneys smoke I tested Natural & Realistic mod and it has one, if you are implimenting the same chimneys smoke mod I suggest reduce its opacity and speed which make it more realistic also I encountered an issue with it, once the smoke from the chimney appeared yellow andwhen I changed position it dissapear idk why maybe it's a bug.

It's up to you after all :D I'm excited to test the final release of your mod *,*

Thank you

8. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

u mean the steam pipe smoke? its already added.

i will see about chimney smoke later in the new relaunch revival.

9. volkin

volkin Guest

GPU:
    G.Skill DDR4 /16 GB
    highprogrammer.com/alan/gaming/cons/trips/genconindy2003/steamy-grate.bd.jpg

like this one , is it already in the mod ?

10. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

yes this is already in vanilla too

11. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

12. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

guys check the new revival 1.1 showcase video

13. Mrlu

Mrlu Guest

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    1. You change the sun position or its me?

14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

yup :) thx to mlleemiles

15. Mrlu

Mrlu Guest

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Woow thats great, what about pics from other sites ofthe city :)

And wich file do you modify?
    There are another things that could be modified

16. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Head sequence in 2012 demo was completely scripted, there are 2 demos of 2012, the one being played live my Morin, the other is recorded straight for the press. If you compare both it's obvious that it's done by scripting specific areas of the demo, so Aiden would look at certain direction.

It will create more trouble than default no tracking state trust me.

17. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Yesh , scripted lookat like in GDC Vault presentation

18. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Amazing to see that after all this time people are still trying to mod this game, and KAOS Gaming that looks really great and thumbs up on your progress :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  19. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Wow, good to see you fixed the sidewalk reflections during dry weather. It's actually looking pretty good now.

20. Mrlu

Mrlu Guest

GPU:
    UNKNOWN
    Did you see this?

Name="wdfx_env_pawnee.lake.mistenv.wdem_env_pawnee.lake.fog_morning_02_1"

Its there a way to apply the same but for the morning mist?