Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Good thing we have GTAOnline tbh, WD became boring weeks ago.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks for heads up,.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Environmental Hacking?

Honestly It's no different than clicking a button at a door and the door opens..

The only difference is in this game it's a glowing bridge.. glowing road block.. glowing traffic lights.. well.. you get the idea..

--

I guess there is no update coming

: U

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Don't hold your breath for another patch that will fix the optimisation issues because I don't think they'll ever fix it personally. The PC is, sadly, just not a priority for Ubisoft, not when there's far more money to be made on the new consoles (PS4 and XBO).

And I keep saying to myself I will never buy another PC game at launch yet I always do. To be honest, if you have the willpower then you could save yourself a small fortune by just waiting for them to go cheap in a Steam Sale. That way it wouldn't matter so much if they don't run that well! :)

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Agreed.

Hacking in this game, apart from the ctOS hacking mini-game, which is quite neat and fun though reminiscent of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, is about the only thing where you have to actually put any thought into it. As a simple puzzle it works well and is used sparingly enough to not become repetitive. The rest of the 'hacking' just requires you to hold down a button.

In fact, the game's fatal flaw IMO is that is so ridiculously easy to make money just by walking around for 10-15 minutes hacking every one in site then going to an ATM that it makes many of the side-missions totally redundant. Why do a car delivery mission for $6,000 when you can get $60,000 in just a few minutes by hacking! I have $300,000 and absolutely nothing to spend it on!!!

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if you don't play the game anymore perhaps move on and leave us that do still play it alone?
    or perhaps we start spamming your alien isolation game thread with hate? hows that?
    second thoughts better things to do that troll game threads belonging to games I no longer play.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If he has played it, why can't he still comment in the thread? Just because he's no longer playing it?

I've contributed to discussions on games I've stopped playing, just because you finish playing a game doesn't mean you have nothing more to say on it.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks like Goldie might make a return.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol'd I was about to say Golide sounded more polite :p :D

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    The guy clearly needs to calm down. Anyone is entitled an opinion and disliking Watch Dogs is 100% allowed here, no matter how he'd like to be otherwise.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gang hideouts at night, focus boost and blackouts, if it wasn't so warm i'd make another vid. :banana:

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    so many tron legacy references in this, tron legacy is one of my all time favs.
    just love it yup. :)
    I got a fright last night when I done an investigation mission and hacked into someones lappy while he was right in front of it in his room, crapped myself lol.felt like a mirror was put up on screen and I was on it waw!
    I like too the fact when all hell is breaking lose you can save folks from their cars.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I completed the zapping game last night, I had played before but never till end, really enjoyed it ( I activated it in a nice chosen spot with my phone and unlocked the gun perk too)
    I think it's time for the spider thing I feel like blowing tons of crap up now the weather's cooling down a lil, and to test the stability of my cpu too. :)
    so yeah today: Spider Tank :D
    I can lose track of time in this game, can't remember when that last happened, oh yeah borderlands2 that was it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  14. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I think the mini-games are really retarded and do not bring anything meaningful to the game.
    I enjoyed the game regardless. A solid 7/10 in my book.

The IP has good foundations to improve upon.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the 'conspiracy' dlc mini-game, I like that one. the season pass content so far has kept me going no doubt.
    tried the batman benchie there and my min fps was up by around 10 vs ol' ivy bridge cpu, which makes me feel these noticeable improvements in game fluidity I been seeing after OCing the cpu more and more haven't been imaginary.
    a wd benchy would be so handy, in-game like hitman /batman /metro of course.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

16. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    IS there a way i can bash civilians ? Stomp them. I want to pick fights with them like GTA. All you can do is shoot them.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh man video games are making you violent.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I agree. As it stands it's very hard to get reliable numbers from the game because there are so many inconsistencies in performance depending on where you are, what you do etc..

19. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I Like it nice enjoyable game... But like some say. I will soon be bored... probably find new ways of killing cops. Or wait for community car MODS....

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it would be like the batman benchy, max the presets at 1080 and throw un-endless amounts of hardware at it and the best minimum frames won't go over the 60s.
    when the 120hz + users get to hear this they don't buy.
    batman doesn't need the uber frames to sell though.
    I see some batman tips of the hat in this too, I've mentioned one about how leaving the bunker is similar to leaving the batcave.