Version 419.17 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DooGie, Feb 22, 2019.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    As I've said, you only need to set Max Perf for a handful of games you play. Optimal/Adaptive issues are mostly happening when you're running some old(er) game with vsync / framerate limit meaning that your GPU is constantly underutilized and always downclocking - this may lead to stutters when a scene in such game is suddenly significantly more complex than a previous one meaning that the GPU has to ramp the clocks up, and this isn't a momentarily process so you get a stutter at this point.

Basically, if you're running at a vsync / framerate limit AND you see your GPU downclocking AND you get occasional stutters - then you should try setting High Perf for this game and see if this will help.

Netherwind likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Which driver were you on again?

Sounds wise, I'll give it a go.

Just for the record, I've played on the AC:Odyssey (4K), FFXV (4K), Apex (3440x1440) and SotTR (3440x1440) on the 417.75 driver which all run great at max clock (light OC). Let's see if I can recreated this on 419.17

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Any of them really. I don't notice anything being different here during the last couple of years and both my 1080 and 2080.

At these resolutions and in such new games you're unlikely to see any benefit from using High Perf as your GPU will probably max out even on Optimal/Adaptive. Well, Apex Legends may behave differently I guess.

4. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Okay so...metro exodus dx12 stuttering is completely gone on the quadro version of these drivers but present in the regular whql. Don't ask me why.

5. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    No stutters and frametime spikes with last 2 gf drivers.

6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 8G
    Yes. again, why on earth would anyone want to put their GPU at 0 MHz if there's nothing drawing and the screen and hopefully have the clock speeds ramp up when needed? I wish it worked as it ws advertised but it doesn't. Setting it to adaptive is the best choice, clock speeds are at minimal until something that needs GPU power kicks in. For example, when watching a video perhaps if you're using a video player that supports GPU Hardware support like Splash Player or SVP (Smooth Video Project)

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
  9. knightriot

knightriot Member

GPU:
    16GB
    yes i don't know why too, not only metro, apex legends play smooth like a magic ~2 hours without crash or issues with that quadro driver :|
    hot news: with 419.17 quadro driver mod for 2080ti , my friend said his atifracted 2080ti back , i'm checking it

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GPU is never at 0 MHz and as far as I can tell clocks are the same between Optimal and Adaptive.

11. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Why install Quadro on 2080 Ti card? (facepalm)

12. knightriot

knightriot Member

GPU:
    16GB
    i try to download drivers to search what can fix metro suttering and apex legends. But one time wrong click to quadro , and i think " why not try?" :D

DJ_Casper likes this.
  13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    So far, I don't like this driver at all.

First of all, it feels stuttery even with high framerates. Witcher 3 at 60fps or Black Ops 4 at 100fps both felt weird with it.
    Then, each game I start in "borderless" mode gets limited to 50fps, even though vsync is off.

I'll change them to something different as soon as possible.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Try 419.09 vulkan

I'm at this driver atm, metro exodus run a bit better, went from 418.81 to this 419.09, but still has occasional stutter by new area a lot less though, but I also switched to dx11 since I saw it can have small boost.. will try that quadro myself later if I have extra time.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks! I’ll give them a try.

16. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    what is nvidia telemetry client (sounds like tracking software) and why does it fail to install? must be a good thing i guess.

17. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    A simple question, can produce a CPU overclock failures with my graphics card ?

I'm trying to find stability for a slight overclock to my processor, and today just after starting the computer I opened google chrome, and I had a system freeze, for about 10 seconds, and then the screen went black and the screen appeared again with the system running.

ID EVENT 14 - The description of event 14 is not found on the origin nvlddmkm
    and after few seconds 2x ID EVENT 4101 - nvlddmkm stopped working and has recovered

So it can be related to the CPU overclock, cuz im testing it so im not sure its 100% stable, or it can be related to the graphic card ? Before CPU didnt happaned, but this graphic its new, I has 1 week, so I dont know what can be

18. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I changed in the Global Settings from Optimal to Adaptive, and used HWInfo64 to monitor the power usage of my GPU while idle and internet browsing - it was an average of 10.5W of GPU power consumption in both cases, so no power savings between the two, therefore I've decided to keep it on Adaptive. Perhaps it will be more responsive in Adaptive rather than Optimal for desktop stuff, not that I've noticed issues either way, can't tell any difference so far.

Ultra Male likes this.
  19. TheWahoo

TheWahoo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 Hybrid
    Word of warning for those who use 1/2 refresh vsync (via NVInspector); this driver breaks the feature on the rig where I use it -- RTX2070 attached to a QLED TV that only does 1440p at 120Hz (no 60Hz, 100Hz, etc., hence the need for 1/2 refresh). Rolling back to 418.91 fixed the issue. I hope they aren't sunsetting this feature.

20. Txatxiquesi

Txatxiquesi Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Mini.
    NVIDIA released a security update for the NVIDIA GPU Display Driver software to patch eight security issues that could lead to code execution, escalation of privileges, denial of service, or information disclosure on both Windows and Linux machines.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4772

Vidik likes this.