Tv Tuner Mental Breakdown

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Nishchal Sharma, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Nishchal Sharma

Nishchal Sharma Master Guru

GPU:
    inno3d geforce (2X7800GT)
    hi guys....
    Its been a wierd day for me....My good old TV tuner has just gone...."mently empty"....yeah....its a internal TV Tuner...Winfast tv2000/xp model...
    for no reason....windows asked that a new device has been detected...it was tuv tuner...so I put my drivers cd in it...and ...windows found no drivers in it...I was alittle shocked..restarted and did it again...no good...then I used the drivers that were still in windows..and my card worked....
    But Now I have reinstalled the Os....But my tv tuner is not been recognised....I used it in a different slot...On a different computer....No use...

can anybody help me.......PLZ

2. kenace0

kenace0 Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 9600 gt
    dead card!!!!! it hapen's :(

3. Nishchal Sharma

GPU:
    How can a card just Go DEAD...I mean for no reason at all.....although windows still detects it.....but doesn't find its drivers......More over the card seems to have a conflict in resources....(from windows own system tool)....If it is a interupt case I don't know what to do....Isn't some way to flash the TV tuner bios.......(I have tried to find some utility but failed)

4. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Is it a PCI card? Uninstall everything to do with card (drivers, software etc.) and start windows without the card inserted. Power off, insert the card into a different PCI slot than it was before and start from scratch. If you have any other cards (soun cards, physx) try removing those too and install everything one by one.

5. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    try cleaning the contacts with some alcohol (isopropyl not drinking) it sounds like the card is not making a good connection. the same thing happens if you pull a card partway out and try installing the drivers for it.

6. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    also if u have a second computer try it in there to rule out anyother problems

7. nEmE5!5

nEmE5!5 Active Member

GPU:
    fx 5200 128mb/7600 SOON!
    if none of the above works try reformating (making sure you backup your drivers)

worked for me :D

8. Nishchal Sharma

GPU:
    I have tried it on my friends system......(that was the obious thing to do) But the same problem persisted......
    The problem was slightly mentioned in winfast site.(Not exact but similar)...
    And it was due to some iterrupt issue...any ways I try ur...suggestions guys ..thanx..:D:D:D

9. Nishchal Sharma

GPU:
    well this could be the reason......thanx alot dudu....