Tomb Raider (2015): Rise of the Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Loophole35, Jun 30, 2014.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    So the last tomb raider was a success on all three platforms..now only to be released on the one..? (no pun intended ha).

Wow what great mind thought this one up?

Damm shame more like the last would have been good...

2. ai-man

ai-man Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080 Strix
    Was interested in playing this but not going to buy an xbone for it. The last time I felt similarly was with Gears of War PC port ages ago, enjoyed the game but couldn't play the sequels because of exclusivity. It's a crappy way to treat your customers but this is Microsoft we're talking about, they don't give 2 ****s about PC gamers and we should treat their consoles the same way in return.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im pissed about this. I really am. I hate XBOX, and used to be a playstation fan(not fanboy). Sorry but TR roots is playstation. But I have always place TR since I got into PC gaming heavily in 2004.

Guess I sadly will be missing out on this one as I really enjoyed the last TR.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    TR roots are PC, PS1 and Saturn. I played it first on PC, you could even put to resolution over 2k. Ran like crap but you could still do it.

6. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    That's not really Kaz Hirai's account, look under his profile picture.

Just look at some of his other tweets.

I fell for it earlier.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yeah I was expecting this to perhaps debut some new amd tech, tressFX 2.0 effects and the like.
    jumping around in TR is a lot of fun, many games are without the basic jumping mechanic these days.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Not quite :). Tomb Raider has a lot more behind it than Halo, and the way Tomb Raider has been released in the past has been different as well.

Probably the biggest difference here is that people had to pay a lot of money for Vista, and it wasn't exactly a good upgrade to XP. Windows has come a significantly long way since then in performance, support, and useability. Windows 9 looks like it will continue that trend and be something that people will want to move to if they had a good reason to.

Just look at how many people didn't update to Windows 8.1, despite it being a free upgrade. I'm not talking about those having issues getting it, I'm talking about actual people who effectively refused to. The same thing will no doubt happen with Windows 9, people will stick with Windows 8.1 as long as possible. Many people will probably still be using Windows 7 and will continue to do so as long as their games work on it. By releasing Tomb Raider on PC and making it Windows 9 only (say, DirectX 12 only), it might give the people the shove they need.

9. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Nice! I enjoyed last years Tomb Raider and will definitely check this one out. Not everyone is going to enjoy a reboot of a series, but for those that came into this one with an open mind, there was a reward to be had in good fun.

I also liked Lara Croft in this game far more than the originals. She seemed far more human with an attractive vulnerable side. No overly bad ass Lara with silicone tits this time lol.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I agree with ya I felt the same way about Duke Nukem Forever (even though it sucked) should have been PC only since Duke Nukem 3d was PC only for a good while before being ported to consoles.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If this information is true, I hope it's as good as what Call Of Duty 3 was on consoles :).

Maybe they thought the game wouldn't do quite as well as they initially hoped (due to it actually sucking story wise and/or gameplay wise) so they were quite happy to get paid by Microsoft to 'take it off of their hands'. Hey, then it's Microsoft's fail, not their fail! It also means it only needs to be developed for one platform.

12. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Gutted. I'm not buying a crappy console to play this. You've lost a sale here, Crystal Dynamics.

As others say, I hope this ends up on the PC after a while.

13. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Pre-ordered.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why get upset? It's just 1 game, there are plenty to play. Let the market decide if it was a foolish move or not. The way things are now, we can take an eventual PC port for granted and the PS4 guys can have their definitive edition :p

15. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What pc port ? there is no pc port :D

17. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    He was saying there might be. Even if it isn't...bye bye and good riddance, can't stand these developers with exclusives...they can keep their games, a game that isn't on pc doesn't even interest me from the start, no matter how good it is. My money will go towards developers that actually support PC.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im really glad i dont limit myself to just one platform (Never have, and never will) , so im getting the best of many worlds.

19. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Missed the point there champ. You would've bought this with or without my post. I still won't be buying a copy as there is no point for me to buy one.

Unless you're being stubborn and hoping that just jamming the disc in your PC will work out? :D

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you pay for both PSN and XBL?