TJ07 Dual Loop SLI Project!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by MikeMK, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Alt

Alt Member Guru

GPU:
    9600GT (750/1875/1022)
    I want to do a modding project soo bad. My only problem is money, considering im 14 ;D

(Btw i payed for my rig by myself)

MikeMK your my inspiration, long ago when you started this thread i watched it grow and it made me want to mod cases and get watercooling stuff so bad. After i cut holes in my motherboard tray for cabling (Although a small mod) it made me want to do so much more with my case! Even completely redo it ;D.

But again, money is my main thing. Luckily i got a job. (Yardwork incase anyone is wondering...) So ill save up some money and hopefully start a project. Then there is the camera to think about...

2. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    can it fit on my motherboard??

3. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
  4. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That's the one. I'm not sure if it'll fit on your board though.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, its an Evercool VC-RE - does a great job, but the push pin placement isnt right for some motherboards so best to check that out 1st.

Anyhow, the reason for the delay in any updates is that ive had to RMA one of my 280's as it went bad on me :( hopefully it wont be too long before i get a replacement!

6. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    MikeMK - Great job on that Striker II Extreme, the SB, NB, and Mosfets all look great and will run nice and cool! I have used that exact same SB cooler on many of my motherboards over the years and it works great. Keep pushing it m8!

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Ok, so in the end the whole striker thing didnt work out lol... so the merry-go-round that is my PC has had another change - this time one that I hope will last a while.

First up, is the Rampage Extreme, which im really pleased with, also switched to a 4870X2... :)

Spent the weekend redoing the pc properly, pulled both loops down completely, cleaned everything out and re-did all the cabling too. Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly I was 1ft short of tubing for the 2nd loop (more arrived today, so wont be too long!) so I couldnt get the GPU on water... however, I have one of these waiting to go in:

[​IMG]

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    About time we get an update m8, haven't heard from you in a while! Your new and improved rig is looking awesome, its been so long since I've had a case I forgot what its like having one, lol! Did you pull the stock heatsink off the X2 yet, if so post a few pictures of it naked if you can as I've been curious what it looks like! I'm also happy your still liking your Rampage Extreme because I'm going to order one tonight as the FSB wall on my DFI is too low at about 540Mhz. In anycase thanks for the update, can't wait to see it completed and also can't wait to see some benchy scores with that X2 (GTX280 just wasn't enough), lol!

9. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Hey.. I like all the details you did on the system..
    But what happened to those 2 GTX280 on water?? any pics at least?
    4870X2 on full block just looks sexy

10. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    im sure someone here will like Mike's X2 lol cos im pretty sure he'll be upgrading again sometime in the coming months lol but seriously looks great mate

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    One of them died on me unfortunately, so they never both made it to water... then I had probs with the mobo - just couldnt get it to run stable. Prime 95 stable for as long as u like, but i'd get random restarts just browsing the web. Spent about 6 weeks trying to suss it out.... never had that prob with intel chipsets before so I went back to X48.

Mastercheif - lol... dont intend to upgrade for a bit now! If quad crossfire actually scaled decently then I would probably have gotten 2 X2's, but sadly even at 1920 most games see little if any benifit.

Roger - Im sure you will love the RE... im really pleased with it.. great board. Runs my CPU @ 4ghz with the lowest voltage of any board ive had it in (DFI P35, Asus Rampage Formula, and Asus SIIE) at only 1.3v! :)

As for benchies... initial run @ 4ghz CPU, stock card approx 23.5k in 06 which isnt too shabby at all!

12. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    WOW that looks nice, makes me want to go to water, but im scared!

13. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Mike - What is the little cable thingy hanging off of your right-most RAM slot (maybe a temp sensor for your mCubed)? Also I assume you added those heatsinks on the NB MOSFETS (to the left of NB waterblock, the area where the stock heatsink would have covered)? The more I look at the more impressed I am, great job!

Ha, don't intend to upgrade for a bit, Nehelem is just around the corner, lol! When you make the switch over to the new processor I get first dibs on the QX9650 and 4870X2, lol!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  14. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Great score.. wont brother oc the x2..

I am getting my first WC and some cooling update tonight...
    I am it installation will go smooth... I am putting my 4870 on water..
    and same OC-ing fun...

oh btw. could u tell me more about the fan controller u using?? thanks

otto

15. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    How loud is that chipset cooler mike? I"m looking at getting that one too

16. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I've used the same one weston and its just about silent, even if your only a few inches away from it! Also its a very high quality heatsink with a polished finishd on the chipset side.

17. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    Holy big chunk of copper for that GPU block.

Definitely looking nice there Mike. I wish more people took the time to do wire management that nicely. One question though, have you ever had problems with SATA cables and being bent that sharply? I read somewhere that they shouldn't be bent more than 90 degrees because you would get data errors. I see some of them in 180's on the back there.

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks for all the great comments guys!

Thanks Roger,

The cable thing is indeed a digital sensor from the mCubed. Once the memory is in I'll have it monitoring mem temps :). Yes, I added the heatsinks near the NB. I spent the best part of a morning choppin and filing them to size. There are resistors at different heights that they can touch (obviously) so u have to be carefull. In the end I also had to use a mix of AS adhesive and AS5 to stick em on too, being careful not to drip any in the wrong place!

The chipset cooler on the SB is an Enzotech is pretty much silent. Cant hear it at all. Note though if u are using it on the RE it wont fit using the clips. I used a 60/40 mix of AS5 and AS Adhesive in the centre of the cooler, surrounded by non-adhesive MX2 (so I have some chance of getting it off again!)

Sure, its an Mcubed BigNG and while it takes a little while to set up, it works great. U can program it to automatically change your fan speeds according to different temps around your case - u can assign different fans to different sensors, or a combination of them. Loads of things u can do. I have 8 120mm fans and 2 92mm fans in my case, and it keeps them all ticking over nice and quietly.

This review will give u a good idea:

http://www.custompc.co.uk/reviews/102997/mcubed-t-balancer-bigng.html

Thanks m8, it took forever to do all the cabling! LOL. As for the SATA cables, the only problems ive ever had is before I had ones with 90degree connectors... the wires into the connectors came loose overtime. The 90degree ones seem to overcome that.

19. mkf

mkf Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 Hawk
    1. hi Mike, how did you manage getting the 24pin connectior to pass through the hole u cut out?

2. you just increased my temptation of getting the Tj07 after graduating (1more year). It's still my fav from Silverstone over the Tj09 - 10.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  20. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Its a 20+4pin connector, so when u seperate it, it just about fits (with a fair amount of wiggling) through the hole. :)