Thinking about going back to WoW.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PhazeDelta1, Jan 3, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yea you probably can.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yes, there is one more above, it will boost you're speed to 310 instead of 280.

I think it's around the same as artisan riding, but can't say for sure.

And for pandaria you have to wait till 90, and that costs 2.5k, so use the 3,5k for that, 280>310 isn't worth it.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The last skill is 5k and is subject to faction discounts. So if you're exalted with the faction reigning in the city where you buy the last 310% skill, you'll get a discount down to 4000g. (This last skill has nothing to do with Pandaria)

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I wouldnt worry about flying mount for now. You will get money later on, its not an issue at level 90.

Cant wait to try more LFR tonight and get friendly with Shado Pan Assault so i can buy 500+ gear :D

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, I'll have the gold when I hit 90 to buy the flying skill :)

Quick kip now, then I'm all over it! 90 here I come!

6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

The speed of leveling is redic these days. It should have taken you guys months like olden times.

#hardcoreforlife #wowisntwhatitusedtobe #welfaregamingexperience

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea it is very fast these days! Did you manage it Eclap?

Im so annoyed, i got Shado Pan Assault rep to 2999/3000, killed more trash and another boss in LFR and didnt get any rep so im stuck now :(

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ElFishoIII - I started this toon on the 9th of Jan, will ding 90 today, so pretty much a month later. I was pushing for 90 pretty hard. The thing is, the more you know the game, the faster you'll level. Also with heirlooms, you get an advantage. Still, none of my professions are at 600 (although skinning is at 595) so there's still a lot to do. I rushed to 90 if I'm honest. If I played this back in the day, for the first time, I would probably be lvl 50 now. But I've seen the content over and over so I rushed it.

@Andreas - nope, got to 89.5% and gave up. It was like 2am and I could have done it, but I thought I'd go to sleep and do it today. Had some stuff to do last night, so was distracted. About to log in now and smash it out ;)

EDIT: Ding dong :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  9. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Yeah I took a character from 1 to 72 in about a month doing nothing but BGs and dungeons (this was right after MoP came out) and I know the game pretty well (played for three years) so I know what you're saying. It still shocks me how fast people can hit 90 though. Anyways... GRATS :D

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, people who powerlevel, minmax stuff, have heirlooms and a lot of time, they'll smash out 90 in a day or 2. it took me 7days+ of play time, so some 180 hours. that's by no means fast imo. I enjoyed the journey, now I can enjoy the end game in WoW for the first time ever.

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Congrats mate! Actually there is quite a lot to do in the end game now. I haven't really done of the MoP high level stuff, only just getting into raiding.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, there seems to be a ton of content. I'm 2 item levels short of being able to do heroic dungeons now (need 435, have 432 lol). then there's raiding, scenarios, dailies etc. Looking forward to gearing.

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You will get it easily mate. Yea i havent even done all the scenarios, need group of 3 to do heroic so i havent done any yet. The reason i got so bored last time coz i was doing dailies for mount and doing actual farming dailies. Didnt do any other stuff.

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Few things to do if you havent yet or arent aware of.

- Run the Arena of Annihilation scenario as it gives you a solid item level 459 placeholder weapon plus its quick, easy and quite fun. This should be the first port of call for every freshly dinged 90.

- Get your ass over to the timeless isle and you'll be at ilvl 480 or so in no time. My tauren hit 90 last week and I was ilvl 490 in a pretty short time. Just make sure to save up the coins you get from the isle for a weapon ( 2h or 1h + offhand depending on class ) as the weapon will set you back 20k coins which can seem a bit daunting at first but this is easily achieved if you just run around and hunt for the various rare mobs that spawn on the island. The cool thing is that you dont have to group up for the rares as its enough that you get some damage to them and you get the loot and credit as long as you stay near the mob when it dies so dont release your spirit if you die.

- I find trinkets the toughest bits to come by, chances are that you'll find a pretty decent one from the isle but this still leaves you with 1 trinket slot to upgrade. The thing I tend to do is grind justice points through dungeons or scenarios so I can then afford an epic trinket from the justice vendor at Townlong steppes. The trinket is ilvl 489 and costs 1750 justice points which shouldnt be too hard to come by. Also if you got a bit of extra Valor points kicking about ( 825 points to be exact ) you can spend them at the same place for a nifty ilvl 522 necklace.

Following the above steps should see your item level increase pretty quick and get you into LFR to gear up for raiding. There might be quicker ways like buying pvp gear etc. from the AH to sort of artificially boost your ilvl but its not something I personally like doing since the pvp gear isnt that great for pve obviously.

[Edit] As theres too much to cover about the timeless isle in a forum post, heres a link to a decent guide on WoWhead: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1902

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Holly, Damn. I can't reach my account. It asks for u know that tool. Authenticator. I used one of my old android phones for it but now that phone is long gone. Deleted stuff Indeed. Anyway. How can I access my my battle account. Damn.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Call tech support?

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    GO to the battle.net and raise a ticket. My account got locked and they sorted it out within a day!

Yay im friendly with Shado Pan Assault and can get 500+ gear now! Switched from tanking to healing now, dont know if i can tank those LFG just yet. Second boss in Fall of Zandalari is tough, that big Dino. Mainly coz nobody was nuking adds. Feeling WoW again, but horde on my server is dead, hardly any around, but loads of allys.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    My personal 1-90 record is ~5 days (played time)

Done with RAF, Heirlooms (excluding cape and helmet) and rested bonus.
    Can be done even faster with 200% XP boost pots (use them 85-90 with mob tagging).

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Been gearing slowly, got il 474 atm. Did a raid yesterday yay :) gonna try to do a lfr before work today, also will get a weapon with timeless coins.

20. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I think once I get home from work today I will resubscribe. I can only play BF4 so much while I wait for Thief to come out. And the D3 Exp... and all the other games I've preordered, haha.

I heard they combined a bunch of servers; I'm on Vek'nilash and my friend told me now it's like there's just a herd of 10 year olds running a muck :p While I don't really have that to look forward to, I definitely want to level my mage. I haven't had a DPS class in a long time (normally tanks - sometimes healers).