The XBox One X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mike Z, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, not sure who advised that the GoW and Fable games don't work via b/c.

I'd forgotten about CoD3 being console exclusive as well, don't think I've ever tried it.
    Mentioned it a few times, but it's another console only game in Bad Company 1 that I was excited about trying again. Then I got fussy when I saw it wasn't 1X enhanced :(

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I suspect those are being kept to be GWG in the future, just like F5, F6, FH and FH2 were.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hopefully, and while I'm not one of the usual EA haters It wouldn't surprise me if they told MS no as they were/are planning some sort of HD remake that is essentially identical to a 1X patch but they can charge for it.

The list of EA 1X enhanced titles is pitiful. AFAIK its just Skate.
    No Dead Space, Battlefield, Crysis, Dragon Age, Bulletstorm or Mass Effect. The last two use UE3 like GoW so it's not a technical thing either.

4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    That console became weak. We are getting into 2020, still, Microsoft cannot fix/enable 10/12bit@1440p/1080p with 120hz. We are stuck at 1080p/1440p@8bit@120hz. Go any higher quality and you lose 120hz, 60hz only like 4K UHD. So, false marketing is strong here. Can't wait for next gen. :eek:

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I will admit that if EA were ever to release XBX 4k hdr on remasters of the Dead Space trilogy, i would buy them, and i would kill for a remaster of Motorstorm 1/2, and i am not a great buyer of remaster, but those few would be a buy out of the starting gate.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    CDkeys are doing 3 months GP for £6.99, or if you already have ultimate GP it will convert to 2 months of UGP, so you could either stack a year of GP for £27.96, or a year of UGP for £41, and considering a plain old year of gold can be had for say £30 from a third party, this seems like a no brainer.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

XP-200 likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    So glad they at last fixed the dashboard, no more of that awful slow tabbing right and left, and with the scrool down through tabs being way better and way faster, now i never again need to go through that mixer page ever again. Lol

serbicu likes this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    sorry...deleted...wrong thread

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    There are a few things I strongly dislike:

1) Media that uses variations of 'Need to know'. So, "here is what you need to know" "Here is what you have to know" "Here is everything you must know" "What we know about..." "Here is what you should know". These are always total BS and are the furthest thing from being useful information whatsoever.

2) Jump-cutting at the end of every sentence, or, line. So, "Today" CUT, change camera angle "...we are going to be" CUT, change camera angle "using the" CUT, change camera angle "new Xbox doberywhatsit" CUT, change camera angle "that will show" CUT, change camera angle "how you can waste your" CUT, change camera angle "life and give us all of your money".

3) videos that are filmed as if someone is being interviewed, but they are not being interviewed, they are sat down looking 'over the shoulder' of the camera, talking to an empty seat, because they are NOT being interviewed by anyone.

3(a) using camera angles where the person is not looking into the camera, but at 45 degrees away from the viewer...sometimes this is or can be, 90 degrees

Look, I know this seems petty, but there is no need for it and, yet, it has become almost the defacto status quo. Y'see, I decide what I do and do not 'need to know'. I know they are not being interviewed by anyone. I know the person who set up the shots was trying to trick the viewer into thinking they are being interviewed. I therefore know that using side-shots is an attempt to con me into thinking something that is not true. I also know that there is no reason for jump-cutting whatsoever. All of this cut-cut-cut-cut is cheap and pathetic. IF someone has something of value to say, then I am able to evaluate it in long-form without the need to change camera angles.

My attention span is longer than 2 seconds, and it is an insult to the human race to massively assume that it isn't.

As an example, I used to work in retail when I was 16 on saturdays. I would have to restock the shelves on the shop floor and would frequently have to remember SKU numbers, so when I go back to the backroom to collect stock, and return to the floor with new stock supplies. These 6 digit numbers would be in my head, and yet, even after someone stopped me to ask me a question, and the other staff would give me new tasks for later, I would still be able to return to the stockroom with these numbers recalled correctly, with the correct quantities. Nowadays, apparently, this would be impossible for a 16 year old and the attention span is unable to handle large amounts of information.

-OT: I'm sure this new xbox will be well received by owners, so, why treat prospective owners like stupid morons with attention spans of a goldfish?

It kinda undermines the point, wouldn't you say?

Sorry for the rant - but this makes me think, slightly, that Microsoft do not hold their prospective bell-curve of customers in very high regard.

I miss Steve. He knew how to push products to anyone.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I see the Witcher 3 is now on gamepass with 4k hdr support in case anyone has missed it, i have been holding back on grabbing this game as i hated the combat in the W2, so i never went back to it, so i am hoping it is not the same this time around. lol

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Some info on their next console, Xbox Two X ? lol

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/what-you-can-expect-next-generation-gaming/

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    BC continuing, that is all i really wanted, my console digital library just like my pc library, sorted, everything else is just icing and cherries on top. :)

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Redemption80 likes this.
  15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Great stuff. Been wanting to play this for a while but i just don't buy games anymore.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I tried it on the pro at launch but it was a mess, hdr was broken and the game looked colorless, and the input lag the stuff of legends, so hopefully it has all been patched and fixed. :)

And another little freebie.....Pac-Man champions edition 2 is free to keep on the xbox and PS4, so grab it before 10/5/20.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Microsoft are showing off some third party games on the 7th May.

Xbox 2020. 8AM PT or 16:00 GMT.

Anthem Redux,
    New Batman,
    Cyberpunk 2077,
    Dying Light 2,
    Diablo IV Dead Island 2,
    Elden Ring,
    Gary Potter RPG Observer System Redux 2, (Garry potter!? Harry Potter?)
    Resident Evil 8,
    Skull & Bones S,
    Twin Mirror Tales of Arise Vampire: The Masquerade 2.

XP-200 likes this.
  18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Nice, will watch that seeing as i won't be doing anything. lol

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Slightly underwhelming. But there is still more to show off in the coming weeks.

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Oh yeah! All the “gameplay”!

Damn, that was so lame it hurts. It was like all those devs had nothing to show yet and were like “here take this bog standard in-engine trailer and slap your Xbox logo over it” …