The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Sounds like you have the "Soap Opera" effect turned on in your tv settings. Check to see if you have any frame interpolation effects turned on in your settings menu. What tv do you have? Every brand calls it something different....auto motion plus, trumotion, motionflow etc. Turn that crap off!

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Nope I have auto motion plus off. The tv has the same exact settings it's had my whole play through of the game.

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well I'll be damned. AMP was on and set to smooth. I don't know why either because I always make sure to turn that **** off, I can't stand it. An update or something must have reset that. All is good now that I put it back to Clear.

4. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Top Score! Glad that was an easy fix.

Back to the game!

edit: I am just about done finishing up loose ends before I start my first time through both dlc's. Pretty excited to see what else is in store for me!

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    AMP? I was gonna say a 'darkening' around the edges could be the vignette setting got turned on.

6. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I think its Auto Motion Plus, which is the frame smoothing option on his tv.

7. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Ahh, I see.

Say that reminds me.

Black Friday morning, my brother is looking to get a 4k TV. He wants to play pc games on it. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for in a 55-65 inch 4k TV for gaming?

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    input lag

and movement smoothness (ghosting)

9. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    And HDR, only a few sets achieve full 1000 nit brightness, FYI. Polygon has a new write up of what to get and avoid.

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Many TV's have a gaming mode that reduces input lag.
    Have your brother look into Samsung UE55KS7005 or the big brother UE65KS7005. They should be the best bang for buck TV's at the moment.

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Just read it, and I'm pretty sure I will be getting that Samsung. Hoo-Ahh! :)

12. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-usage/hdr-gaming/best

Check that out. That site has some good info for tv's in general. 4k sets tend to have much higher input lag, there have been some models which are improving that but a tv will have more input lag than a monitor right now.

I would recommend HDR but the input lag shoots through the roof with it enabled so its a bit of give and take.

I just came from a 55" 1080p tv and went back to a monitor for the first time in about 4 years. I honestly didnt notice much input lag (with things like RTSS limiting fps) with vsync on with the tv, but after switching to a monitor, I can easily feel the difference. If he is doing ANY thing competitive, I would not recommend a tv right now.

13. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    The input lag on my Samsung 55JS8500 is really low in game mode, not noticeable at all. Some 4K TVs are excellent in this regard. No it's not a 144hz Gsync monitor but chances are you're playing games with a controller on a TV and it really doesn't make a difference.

Edit: the Samsung KS8000 from the article I mentioned has an input lag of 21.1ms in 1080p, 4K and HDR. That's crazy good. TV is nicely priced too.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  14. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Are you sure thats with 4k and HDR? That is crazy good. It would appear that input lag has come down faster than I anticipated. Well thats good news for everybody.

15. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Yes that is. The past 2 years there have been good options for 4K TVs. This year especially.

16. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    LOL, my brother is definitely not doing anything "competitive" with his tv... hahaha, I still can't stop laughing at that vision. No, but I appreciate the info.

He just wants to see some of the recent graphically impressive games like Witcher 3, AC Unity/Syndicate, Star Citizen, etc. in his living room.

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Just did the spotted wight quest and holy crap that thing was ridiculously creepy. I like the reference to the "beggar selling mirrors."

18. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yea, wonder who that could be..... >:)

edit: they missed a trick with her. If you make her work for you in your house, she should supply infinite baked chickens or something.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  19. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hi what's the latest update for witcher 3 and hearts of stone?

My current version is 1.10 and i assume hearts of stone is also at 1.10

20. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    i just recently completed wild hunt have updated to v1.10 and installed hearts of stone.

Anyway my difficulty lvl in the game was the 3rd lvl blood and bone and i managed to craft all my weapons and armor into ursine mastercrafted armor + swords and i was pratically invincible in the game even before fighting the final bad guy the leader of the wild hunt. The final bad guy was also too easy for me at that point in the game and i was only around lvl 35 he could barely hurt me at all and i didn't need any strategy to beat him. Just keep on attacking and try to avoid his magic attacks etc and the only reason why i got hurt by him was due to carelessness. I didn't really need any potions/bombs anymore at that point in time just the heal potions/food to make sure my life didn't fall too low and it rarely did.