The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    LOL, you said I must copy the files into the mod folder. Now you are saying I must copy into the root directory. Make up your mind!?

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, just read. The instructions are simple, really.

3. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Even though my texture option says ##preset value for Halk's HD Ultra, there's a big increase in texture detail all over with the 10.0 update to HD Reworked Project. I assumed if it showed the ##preset value then I wouldn't see any difference in textures. I had the 5.1 version before removing it and installing the 10.0

Just wondered if anyone else with the ##preset value in texture options has the wonderful bump up in textures showing in the game as I do.

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't, mine instead defaults to low textures now, but one only has to look at vram consumption to know that higher quality textures are being used - for me it goes from 3 to 5gb vram used :)

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    The instructions are simple. They state where to put it. Stop being lazy and read them carefully and address your attitude when asking for help on here.

Hell there are even low performing teenagers in high school who have little to no issues putting mod in Witcher 3.

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Even the best of the super mods like 10.0 of HD Reworked have occasional faint repeating textures. I love the mod but the snow has the repeating faint lines which look like a rake was pulled over the snow. I don't think any game can avoid at least a faint repeating texture in wide areas of snow or sand for that matter.

If anyone finds one let me know. Perhaps AC Odyssey, I'll have to reinstall it to check snow and sand again. On the plus side in 10.0 the repeating lines in the snow can look a bit like ripples in the snow which are a natural thing in snow.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    You know, couple of mod sites have mod creator only forums where we get to make fun of all the clueless be-itching people make about mods, highly cathartic ;o

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    U dont need mods for this game it still looks beautiful on this day :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Totally agree, but the mods are there and free so why not use them? ✌

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if anything mod the gameplay annoyances, the gfx are fine.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This is a book adaptation. 99% of people think it's a video game adaptation. The show doesn't try to look like the video game. I think that's the source of most complaints about the casting.

HandR likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And 87% think it's a book adaptation. The show does resemble the game quite a bit, and follows the original writing. Why can't people just be happy about this?

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Most of the time when I see mods for the Witcher 3, they end up making the game look worse than the default settings. This is one of the few exceptions I've seen where the modded game looks much better than default. This guy is running raytracing with reshade, and an unreleased lighting mod (plus many other mods) which actually looks fantastic and comes closest to capturing the IQ we saw in the E3 and Gamescom demos before the Witcher 3 was heavily downgraded. I decided not to buy a raytracing GPU until the performance is acceptable, which will likely happen with NVidia's 7nm GPUs. Also AMD looks like they are going to release some raytracing capable GPUs next year with RDNA2, so if you're holding out like I am, next year will be the year to spend our hard earned money! :D

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It looks good during bright daylight, but the lighting is completely off at dusk, as with nearly every other lighting mod, which vanilla lighting on the other hand nails.

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Not worth it either, I have this resahde in several games and it kills FPS by almost more than half.

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    The 10.0 mod update doesn't quite have the depth in textures like the original on buildings. I still like 10.0 more because the textures are much sharper. But the 10.0 buildings in Novigrad look a bit flatter and more formal than the original due to bricks and stones apparently not having as much depth. But again I'm liking 10.0 very much for the sharpness.

One more little bitty complaint. The 10.0 snow has repeating textures, they are lines in the snow as if a rake was pulled over the top of the snow.

I know it's very difficult for any game to do snow or sand over large areas or even some small areas without repeating textures that don't look natural. They could be made to look like natural ripples in the snow but probably tough to pull off.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Which is why I said I would wait until the raytracing capability on GPUs is more powerful before attempting to run a game like the Witcher 3 at graphically intensive settings and high resolution along with the reshade raytracing mod.

A 3080Ti might be able to run it at 60 FPS, same for the RDNA2 GPUs.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    It is tempting though. I have this particular shader for AC odyssey and at some place it looks just incredible and tbh with that kind of game you don't need a very high FPS to enjoy it.

19. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Is that the Realistic Reshade by Xanthus? (For AC Odyssey.) I'm using the version 1.2 of his shader.

20. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    No im referring to McFlys RTX feature in reshade.

I can't remember what the name of my reshade is, but i have a very nice DOF effect if you are interested.