The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Also what you use will depend on your build as well. Also, there's no substitute for oils, they only work on what they work on.

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Moondust bomb will stop his regeneration, so throw it to him, when starting to regenerate. Use oils (Cursed) on your blade, put the shield(quen) on, enhance your weapons and armor in some village before combat. Before combat starts drink Thunderbolt for more damage. And when need health drink Swallow for vitality regeneration.

Learn his attack pattern (do this with every opponent), and dodge to side (do not roll), and instantly backstab (either quick attack or heavy attack if time).

Use stun (axii), and backstab with heavy attack.

Put him on fire (bombs or aard) and keep attacking (but let him burn all the way before hitting him, otherwise he will stop burning when hit).

What ever combo you do from those you should be able to take him out on dead march even when 3-4 levels below him. Most importantly learn his attack pattern, and when his health gets down and starts to regen, bomb the **** out of him, stun him and go after him with Thunderbolt potion and max damage.

To finish him off in the end, make sure you drink Thunderbolt, Swallow, etc. Have your shield on, and just storm him from behind with quick attacks until his dead. Take hits, but keep on going until his dead. But do this only in the end when his health is low and you have a feeling you can finish him off with just assaulting him. Otherwise, use the attack pattern recognition and dodging + moondust to prevent regen.

If you really want to have maximum damage build for Geralt, study Alchemy builds. They really, really, really kick ass.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I'm a big supporter of rolling. I think rolling works better in almost every situation.

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Yeah, I also have NG+ DM alchemy build and I can basically just walk over everyone :D

It's fun after needed all skill in normal DM with no knowledge about alchemy builds :D

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'm actually completely against it, unless you really need it.

With sidestep you get insta critical backstabs (if correct build) or just quikcly counter attack without alchemy build.

With rolling you only get away from enemy, but you lose the counter attack. With side step, you can basically dance around enemy, stay behind and keep getting bonuses for crits all the time.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I don't have the build for insta critical backstabs. I do however dance around the enemy by rolling. Rolling behind them is np. Dodging never works out for me. I just get whooped when I dodge, especially against larger enemies with big attacks.

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    That is when you sometime need rolling. And it's very sound tactic on those enemies. But I always prefer side stepping, if it keeps me out of harms way.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Also difficult to stay out of harms way when you're fighting like 8 humans and trying to dodge. I prefer to roll to safety, then aard them and instakill some fools.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It depends on a fight, but i mostly used dodge unless i was fighting a big monster. Once u get used to dodging, rather than rolling youll find it so much better

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Exactly, both dodge and roll have their place, although dodge has more uses than roll.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    So NOT the most difficult opponent, cmon. Really?

I had WAY more trouble with Olgierd in HoS expansion. Jenny I did like, first try.

12. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I just can't get dodging right. I've barely used it in the 150ish hours I've played.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I feel that way about the arrow counter. Just cant get the timing right. The dodge though is superbly helpful.. especially with wraiths and larger monsters.

14. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I know right! Thanks for the insight and direction! I really hope I get good use with the maxed out armor. I have over 20,000 coin with the main bombs and oils made. I've been stuck at level 24 for a long time now.

15. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    It takes some time. But when you get used to dodging you'll love it (and try the side step mostly. Also backing up with sidestep works well against multiple opponents)

And there is also another benefit from not rolling and using dodge: rolling uses stamina and stops its regeneration (very important when you use alchemy builds where you damage output is depended on stamina being full)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016

16. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I had it kind of other way around (might be because I was WAY more experienced in combat and I switched to alchemy build in middle of game, which made Geralt way more deadly), but for me attacking Jenny I actually needed to be 3-5 levels above her to take her out :eek3:

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    What feature is that? I am yet ot play any of the DLC, keep delaying it since i dont want Witcher to end!

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It's a setting that keeps enemies around your level. Kind of like Skyrim.
    It only levels up enemies though, it won't level them down.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh that might be interesting, coz i completed main story at level 35-ish and i was quite over-leveled!

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I enjoyed it quite a bit. No more level 5 bandits lol