The Witcher 3 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 11, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    AMDMatt put it in our heads that the 7xxx series didn't support VSR.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Well as he said it was a "confusion". (sic)

i don't think it was his own idea but an AMD official statement on VSR support.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    VSR still isn't supported on older cards without the mod so I agree.

4. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    Yeah the CAPs were nice, and I could understand why they'd want to move away from that to simplify the driver but also cutting release frequency is just a kick in the gut. Hopefully my hunch turns out to be true and they've been cooking up another Omega to launch the 300 series with at E3. They need a serious shot in the arm - not just in performance but in their PR image as well.

Regarding VSR on the older cards, if you want to take that as a lie, ok fine - but they are probably aware its possible with mods but they don't want to take on the risk of officially supporting it (yet?). So they say they "can't" do it.

Last edited: May 28, 2015

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    We only have to take a look at the 14.12 page/changelog to see the table of supported GPUs and resolution to see their intention.

As AMD said VSR is hardware limited feature so a driver update should not change the supported GPUs.

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I hope you are right about Omega Phase II for 300 series launch.

Maybe a WHQL driver with real improvments like CFX profiles, VSR fix and Fresync crossfire support?

Dreaming is free. :D

I agree about PR department: they should use PR to announce only 100% true and certified info about drivers ETAs and features or stay shut.

Every additional bogus info provided by AMD PR is a nail in his coffin.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So How is your CF doing with those profiles which enabled others to actually gain some fps?
    And why did those people noticed that they have to have water details to low/medium as higher breaks CF?
    Here is what each settings does:
    <Var id="Virtual_WaterOptionVar" displayName="water_quality" displayType="OPTIONS" tags="refreshEngine">
    <OptionsArray>
    <Option id="0" displayName="low">
    <Entry varId="GlobalOceanTesselationFactor" value="8"/>
    <Entry varId="UseDynamicWaterSimulation" value="false"/>
    </Option>
    <Option id="1" displayName="medium">
    <Entry varId="GlobalOceanTesselationFactor" value="16"/>
    <Entry varId="UseDynamicWaterSimulation" value="false"/>
    </Option>
    <Option id="2" displayName="high">
    <Entry varId="GlobalOceanTesselationFactor" value="32"/>
    <Entry varId="UseDynamicWaterSimulation" value="true"/>
    </Option>
    <Option id="3" displayName="uber">
    <Entry varId="GlobalOceanTesselationFactor" value="64"/>
    <Entry varId="UseDynamicWaterSimulation" value="true"/>
    </Option>
    </OptionsArray>
    </Var>
    Check what "UseDynamicWaterSimulation" does on screen. It is gameworks stuff.
    But I guess you think that Hairworks is only part of Gameworks in game. That there are no apex sails on ships or anything.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    If you look at my comments on Gameworks you'll find that i think its an Nvidia trick to take advantage over AMD but this can't be ALWAYS used as an universal excuse to justify AMD lack of proper games support.

In TW3 case the CFX profile you said it's broke is not a CFX profile for TW3 in the first place.

It's a CFX profile for another game some users are trying to use to solve the lack of TW3 AMD CFX profile.

Even evil Gameworks can't broke what it's not present. :)

Edit: Please, if you quote my comments on your post try at least to say something related to it.

I.e. answering what i posted directed to you.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    But considering all this, it is quite possible that AMD is really working their asses as Roy wrote and scratching their heads as they simply step on one mine after another and fail to make CF work properly.

And yea, I often write in ways requiring reading between lines, giving only guidelines. It is my adventure gaming nature. As I hate throwing things directly.
    (since when I put things bluntly, it often is in even less understandable ways since I put it in way which would be for me fastest to understand.)

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    IDK if they are working on it or no.

Roy said they are but he also said "next week" for driver....two weeks ago.

What i know for sure is that the definition (meaning) of "next week" for Roy is different than the rest of us.

At least for me "next week" means......next week.

We are all different and i respect your way, personally i prefer to go straight and say the things directly. :)

11. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    My friends enjoying this game while I'm still waiting for drivers to have a great experience. This is just sad. Why must I miss out on so much fun now. My friends keep on telling me well it's my fault i wanted to go AMD but i'm stating to understand them and should've listened to them.

12. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    I don't understand why so many people are bitching
    I haven't had a single issue the reality is you aren't gonna max TW3 out on a 280x/7970 or anything less then a r9 290 at least not a a consistent 60fps
    can't be done thats the bottom line here you are expecting a solution to a problem that doesn't exist other then the hardware being too slow

yes it chuggs in places yes it could run a little faster but its not like its running at 15fps I am running high/ultra textures/models with medium shadows and maintaining 40 to 60+Fps hardly unplayable
    the only real fault AMD has here is marketing old generation gpu's as new
    a 280x is a 7970 a 7970 is old .. PERIOD

13. rikkiepc

rikkiepc Member

GPU:
    7950 CROSSFIRE
    People are bitching complaining because there is no crossfire support.

14. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    WTF dude. I payed for 2x r9 280x not just one. What's so hard to understand. I hate people coming in like "i run 1 gpu just fine so what's the problem blah blah blah" Well FU cause I payed for 2 cards not just one and especially this game would benefit from 2 cards so I might as well take out one card. At least I'm getting good crossfire support in BF4 and i play it almost every day but a game like this that actually needs crossfire for amazing graphics and high FPS it doesn't even work properly on single card for me.

Did you know every system will be different? If not then wake a bit up. You might have 0 issues or almost 0 issues but I might have many more. I have different monitor to others and it works diferent due to no scaler and only 1 DVI port and they way you overclock it and so on. Anyway let me not write essays today and leave it at that. Hope you understand now and think about other a bit. Rather help us to get the same level of experience rather to say we bitching. I would love to have crossfire support in every game and it work as intended.

15. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I paid for 2 290X in order to be able to enjoy games at 60FPS, 2560x1440 with all or nearly all fancy graphical settings turned up. I'm sure it's not so hard to understand why I'm bitching when I get 35FPS most of the time and my 2nd card does exactly nothing.

16. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe

Last time i installed the modded drivers on W8.1 i didn't got improvements, like many people claimed, only under w10 i had those improvements.

Maybe under 15.5B things would get better.
    But for now i will stick with the 15.4 for W8.1 and use W10 for benchmarking.
    :)

17. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    was talking about the people bitching because they have a single card

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Single cards users shouldn't get optimizations or new features/fixes?

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Maybe he thinks the game experience with single GPU is perfect as is. :)

20. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    slow hardware is slow people with 270x's and 280x's and 285's should not expect mega ultra super settings at 60fps
    not gonna happen with the aurora engine