The Oblivion Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by fajitasforme7, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    @Damien: dude. why would those files be there? To make the dowload bigger? Just copy the bloody whole thing to the oblivion directory and read the readme! It's there for a reason!

@Morfeus: Sorry dude, I can't find which textures it were. The rope texture and some others somewhere are faulty or something, maybe that'll be corrected in the new texture pack.

2. Qarl666

Qarl666 Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    Qarl's Texture Pack III

Hi guys! I finally got my texture pack 3 out:

screenshot1 screenshot2 screenshot3 screenshot4 screenshot5 screenshot6 screenshot7 screenshot8

The purpose of this package is to make TES IV: Oblivion look even better than when you bought it. To do this I've created new textures, normal maps, specular and parallax maps to replace a large number of those in the game with ones which are higher resolution and more photorealistic, while at the same time still very close to the original feel of Bethesda's intentions. Replacement meshes are also included to use parallax mapping. However, due to the increased resolution, machines with lower-end graphics cards may see severe slow-down with this mod.

Features:

* Most textures are 4 times the size of the originals. Some, even more. This makes things seem much clearer and sharper in-game.
    * A large number of meshes have been altered to take advantage of the game engine's parallax shader.
    * Only parts of the mesh which NEED parallaxing have the parallax flag enabled. This removes unwanted artifacts parallaxing can cause around corners.
    * Textures which use the parallax shader have been altered at the mipmap level so that things look very 3D from a distance but do not get the soupy artifacts associated with the parallax effect when viewed close-up.
    * Advanced normal map techniques used to make landscape textures seem very 3D.
    * Landscape color maps and normal maps edited at the mipmap level to reduce the tiling effect in the distance.
    * Mesh fixes from the Unofficial Oblivion Patch are included.

Things retextured:

* Architecture
    * Landscape
    * Rocks
    * Dungeons
    * Blood splatters, falling snowflakes, butterflies
    * Furniture, and other medium-sized clutter

Things NOT retextured:

* Clothes, armor, weapons, creatures, NPCs
    * Foliage, the sky
    * Kvatch, the Arena, and the Oblivion realm

DOWNLOAD

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    WOW! Quarl, you've really done it that time... those shots look amazing. Im DLing it right now. I think Bethesda should give u a job m8 ;)

4. Qarl666

Qarl666 Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    Thanks Mike! :cheers:

Just wanted to show this 2MB GIF animated comparison of terrainhdrock03.dds and its normal map:

terrainhdrock03_n.gif

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    @quals

Qarl's Texture Pack III

have u posted it anywere else as this is 1 slow site

6. Templ

Templ Guest

OMG, i might actually reinstall Oblivion to test this. Wonder what console fanboys would say when they saw this. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I was getting 350k from the above link, which isnt all that bad.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nothing much tbh. They have their own games you're jealous of...

9. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i can download @ 500kbps but im downloading at a maximum of 34kbps so i think i will wait till tonight

10. Templ

Templ Guest

These Planet whatever sites are always slow for me aswell. :(

11. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Very, very, very, very, very, very nice Qarl!

12. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Hey ,, someone post a torrent of this .. i can't imagine downloading 2GB without using Flashget or Torrent (or anything without resume support) :( ..

13. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    magnificient!! ... can't wait to see the oblivion world with this pack .... d/l are a bit slow though :( ..

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Got it all working, and simply looks stunning. Quarl, what distance landscape lod/distance normal map pack would work best with this? Any ideas?

15. Qarl666

Qarl666 Member

GPU:
    6800GT
    OK, it seems almost any graphics card with 512MB or higher, and 2GB of system RAM should be able to run this with very little slowdown. Systems with less than that can get by with using the HFT_pcb mod which purges the cell buffers of uneeded textures, causing more lengthy load times but dramatically increased fps.

I just released a patch to bring the current version up to 1.2. Here's the poop:

Version History:

* Fixed normal map error on Fort Ruins interior ceiling which caused an unsightly seam.

* Added snowflakes
    * Fixed Haunted Mansion Anvil mesh.

DOWNLOAD

16. TheGamer

TheGamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 @
    qarl : Thanks for working so hard and making Oblivion a far more better experience for all of us . You deserve something for this effort .
    With texture pack 3 oblivion is perhaps the most visually detailed and enchanting game i've ever played ..... :rock:
    And yeah .. with the mod applied i got an avg. 1 fps decrease .... performance is 99.9% same as before ... :bigsmile:

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    slowwwwwwwww

im downloading @ 22kbps

please some1 upload/torrent it some were else as i should be downloading @500kbps

+qarls is their any difference between the beta / official pack 3

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
  19. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Qarl, why don't you include the 4096x4096 LOD textures made by Blade in the next texture pack? The one that is made for QTP 2 and/or 3.

20. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    What mod is that? I can't find it anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.