The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So... in the midst of trying out my new GPU, I've returned to a couple of my favorite titles in past years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Solid frame rates in both games at max settings.
    Very pleased.

2. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Go play bf1 at 1440 and watch your pc cry because of the crap servers causing it... :\

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't play MP. In any game.
    For the campaign only.

darrenj likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it was deleted, but since the shaders are stored on Github this poses little problem. :)

https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/commit/5353c6d7e77dc711b96deb6f5c1da96358b9cd97

https://github.com/crosire/reshade-...fda011ce21f62dff207014f020/Shaders/Outline.fx

Right-click on "Raw" and save as and you have your .fx shader file again, I was never able to replicate the same effect with the cartoon shader which is a bit different in behavior and looks so I needed the old effect again.

The actual images this sort of thing was based was from the 2016 screenshot thread on NeoGaf featuring Evil Within and then Remember Me which also had the general guideline for how to set up this type of look though even for games where it works reasonably well some scenes will look more suitable than others though the cel outline effect has many other uses too beyond breaking the visuals entirely ha ha. :)

kx11 likes this.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

tried it on Vampyr but it worked badly , i might need more time to figure out how i could get what i want , if i could :D

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    [​IMG]

darrenj likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yes it is unfortunately very prone to noise and other problems such as precision which with logarithmic depth and temporal AA which UE4 uses both of these it's hard to get the outline effect stable and it tends to look glitched as a result.

Guessing that's a common issue with depth dependent effects, game can work around some of these issues but as a third party injector the effects are on top of the image and affected by all manner of things as a result such as flickering or jittering from temporal AA and how the depth buffer itself is set up such as being reversed, upside down or having a far greater range which is common in newer games and open world by reducing z flickering and clipping of distant objects. :)

Ni No Kuni 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last of these for now, game is just about over with too. Something to revisit once there's new content available perhaps but for now it's time for something else.

signex likes this.
  8. Scully

Scully Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Vampyr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Jurassic World Evolution, Rawr!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Dragam1337 likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ni No Kuni 2 (Downsampling was used, mostly to get the outline effect a bit more stable so 5120x2880 -> 2560x1440 but some surfaces are still really aliased due to shaders and texture issues with mip-mapping and a lack thereof.)

[​IMG]
    (Guess who's back to kill you all again!)
    [​IMG]
    (I like this area, less likeable though is the really noticeable shader and texture issues.)
    [​IMG]
    (And the regular outline, monochrome and levels combo. The statue used for this castle made for a nice background.)

Mostly just clearing out the post-game content little by little, wandering around copy/paste near identical dungeons doing these last 20 some quests that open up and then it'll all be finished. Well mostly.
    (Tainted beasts, dreamer doors and other collectibles are all on the list.)
    (Though the shader still needs some settings tuning for the more distant towers which displays noise artifacts and flickering.)

13. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    Castle of Illusion - Reshade
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Tj- likes this.
  14. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
  15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Far Cry 5

[​IMG]

Frobish cave, nice little story about a mountain lion.

[​IMG]

And this dude was just hanging around outside the cave entrance.

EDIT: Well the first image is mostly for the little local story, there is a cave painting inside as well but it's very low res so capturing that would be difficult without just looking some smears on the cave wall.

And as per usual any hired helps tends to do all they can do be in front of the player so yeah hi Boomer, hi Peaches. Ha ha.

Second image is the standard Far Cry 5 showing the state of Montana..and that not everything is quite as it should due to the influence of the Cult of the Seed.
    (Now the cult of the Peer, those guys are real trouble. :p )

Nice little lens flare going on there as well even if it's a bit of a camera lens effect but it adds a bit of a focus on the sign itself. (As if big-red right smack dab in the center isn't really doing that though.)

Perspective and cut-off could be improved a bit further, still have more work to do there.
    And trying some of the new ReShade shaders perhaps, not going for that cel effect and outlines but maybe seeing what else there is.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    StarvinMarvinDK likes this.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    More DX:MD...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND..... more Thief...

[​IMG]

17. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Man they went overboard with that sharpening filter. Makes the game look almost like Borderlands :D
    If you care I would recommend turning it off and use Reshade sharpening instead.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A slider would've been a better option for sharpening in DX:MD. The simple toggle option is too basic. With it off, the game is beyond blurry. Even more so then other games that use TAA, but with it on... it's too much.

I've used Reshade in the past on some games, but, most of the time I simply don't care enough to bother. If I'm enjoying the gameplay, I tend to ignore/look past any visuals that irk me.

19. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah a slider is the best option. I hate how recent Frostbite games have integrated sharpening in to the TAA, so you can't even turn off sharpening without turning off TAA.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree that any sharpening should have a slider allowing you to completely turn it off... that said, TAA is so freaking blurry that i don't understand why anyone would use it, let alone use it without any sharpening...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.