The Evil Within 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I need to find these things.....
    More searching through Union I must do.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I first noticed this issue *before* I even got a G-SYNC display but it seems no different even with it enabled - Forza Horizon 3, for example, plays exactly the same at 30 fps/4K with G-SYNC as it before I got my 165 Hz ASUS monitor. And games that felt "off" at 30 fps before still feel off in exactly the same way. I'm pretty sure it isn't G-SYNC that is to blame for this. I accept I might be wrong though.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I can finally make a proper start on this now, as ive just finished Bioshock Infinite off :D

How'd you get all them slides ?, as at the start, i only had the one with her on the swing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Runs smooth for me at Ultra... but damn this horrible mouse lag.

The game has console writen all over it... first time you start it you're forced to pick a controller scheme... the menu controls are terrible.

It's going in the recycle bin again ^^

5. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @TheDeeGee There is input lag because the game runs in borderless.
    Cheers

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

explore the world man and finish side-quests

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Don't have Mouse Lag in other Games that run Windowed Fullscreen.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im on it! :D

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Finally got around to Chapter 4. I'm six hours into the game.
    And I'm absolutely loving this. I love the changes to the upgrade system, the improved stealth mechanics.

Plus, the game still offers a damn good difficulty. Which is awesome.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Are you playing on Hard ? I find the medium difficulty way to easy, and im thinking to restart the game.
    Ii mean if they see you and you run in a bush, they lost you already lol. The chase is really short compared to other zombielike games. imo that worked better in a closed environment which the game had, not more open like it is now. I rather have more pressure from their side, like you can barely escape them or something. The grim reaper looked cool, but when you find out he does not climb stuff, you can just stand there on a truck or container while he passes. it is so silly. and im playing with a joypad mind you , so im not exactly fast with responses.

11. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I'm still in Chapter 3, but I got a lot of weapons already. Two sets of handguns (one with laser), a shotgun, the sniper rifle (fixed it), and that bow. The only thing I need to do is craft more ammo for my guns, other than that aim at their head so you don't waste bullets, hehe.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, the game just crashed on me.
    No error message. Game hung, then "The Evil Within 2 is not responding"... and closed.

Sucks.

EDIT: Also...
    [​IMG]

Nice to see Tango having a sense of humor.
    Did this side mission, and once the flashback triggered... the game went back to the letterbox presentation of the first game.

Made me laugh.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    finished it ( 9hr 50min)

it's a mix of RE4-Silent Hill and a personal touch from Mikami , this game gives you more of the 1st game w/ semi-open world experience , exploration is kinda cool but you'll find yourself done with exploring in a short time since the map isn't that big , good performance up to 1440p however 4k is where things get strange as the game dip -20 fps until you turn the graphics down to medium

good:
    -more of the original game w/ semi-open world map
    -weapons are the same from the 1st game with some extra stuff here and there like the silent gun
    -characters are more meaningful and feels attached to Sebastian which is good to get into the plot
    -pacing of the story/events is good in this game , i like it
    -Audio work is top notch when using a headphone , scary atmosphere

Bad
    -graphics are enhanced a bit from the original game , bloom is so overdone
    -performance is questionable when selecting a resolution higher than 1440p as the game uses no more than 86% of the gpu
    -exploring is limited and can be done in 2 hours
    -textures in many times will pop-in or look bad up close
    -Esmeralda Torres model details are bad compared to other characters , it's almost from another game

8/10

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game is open-world in the same way Tomb Raider/Rise of the Tomb Raider are open-world, i.e. they have large open-ish areas you can backtrack to separated by loading screens (this game attempts to hide them by having transitional "black tunnel" areas accessible via computers but completely ruins it by displaying a loading counter!).

Great game though. I'm really enjoying it. It does really a lot like Resident Evil 4 in many ways but with better combat (though still clunky by today's standards). There's enough variety here to keep me playing and the Matrix-style world the game is set in means that anything can and will happen. It makes it much more interesting when weird things happen that can be explained by virtue of its artificial setting. I like it. A lot.

15. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    hm... I am only in chapter 4 but I do not have any pop in textures (maybe later) Only when i set 6_8k for screenshots I see this problem but in 1440p is everything ok.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I never finished first game and didn't know this matrix like world. And i was like wtf. Now things are coming together.

I played until I arrive to the town they mention and meet with the guy with glasses.

Game is Scary for real. And interesting encounters which explains this is a virtual world, leaves me expecting more Interesting ; and even in expected encounters.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Windows event Viewer, look for error in what file? Again, "bla.exe not responding" issnt saying anything at all.

18. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Has anyone else noticed these glitches; where enemies spawn on top of buildings where either they can't kill you or you can't kill them or that three legged photo broad jumps on top of a ceiling and keeps running nowhere?

19. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    The game has bombed badly, UK sales show it´s 75% down from the first game, a sale must be not too far away. Too bad because I kind of like it but we wont see another one most likely. In the meantime I put it on the freezer because it seems nvidia is working hard with bethesda to fix it (I bet the performance is so mediocre because they just threw nvidia code at it for some effects (like SSR) and called it a day. Manuelg already working hard at collecting data and stuff.

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it's too early to call it that