Temps... Worrying?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pzykotik, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Ok, so my CPU is overclocked a little (by like 5%) it's running at 3.15Ghz, my GT is stock and I have custom coolers on both, a HT-03 GT with a 35CFM fan on it, and an Akasa AK-925 Revo CPU Cooler.

I've also got 2 35CFM fans pulling air out of my case (exhaust) and a 44.8CFM fan as an intake, so decent airflow right?

Why then is my CPU idling at 50c and my GPU at 45c... Should I be worring? I'm just thinking that if these are the temps when I'm just sitting on msn what are they going to be like when I'm playing COD4 for a few hours!?

2. scottyg2

scottyg2 Master Guru

GPU:
    hd4850 cf
    the gpu is fine. those run pretty hot, and 41c is great for one of those.

what are you using to read the temp of the cpu?

3. bluemoogle

bluemoogle Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260
    temps seem fine to me, even with your small fans. that cpu runs hot normally, but ive got rivatuner set at 55 percent fan speed. idles at 44. any higher and the fan is too loud for quiet. assuming you used as5 on your cpu, give it time for break in. otherwise, if youre not crashing or freezing, youre good to go.

4. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
    sorry man but that cooler is not meant for your cpu. ive heard this a few times lately so be warned. cpu coolers say am2 compatible. what most do not tell you is what wattage it is rated for. the akasa says its made for lower wattage cpus.
    50c is WAY too hot for idle on a 6000. i have a 6400 at stock, zalman 9500 am2 cooler. idle is b/w 25-30c. nicely loaded i cant get it past 43c. keep in mind that max temps for the 6000/6400 cpus are in the 63c range. so anyone buying a hi wattage cpu make sure the cooler specifies what it can handle. fry your cpu if you want, but i would buy yourself at least a zalman 9500 or a 9700. there are other alternatives but i prefer to stick with what is proven.

your gpu temp seems about right. i have an 8800gt with the crappy first gen cooler but i have an antec 900 case so i have a 120mm fan blowing across the vid card. i use riva tuner and put my fan at 40%. idles at about 40-45c, max ive seen it is 61c playing crysis for an hour. im still gonna rip that cooler off and put a better one on it eventually to make it run cooler.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007

5. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I thought it was too hot, I'll have a read about some recommended coolers today and order one! Before I do, can anybody recommend one? Preferably with 4pin (PWM), I've just done a quick check on overclockers uk, anybody know anything more about the Asus Silent Knight II?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  6. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I've just ordered the Silent Knight II, reviews are good (even if it's a bit loud)... Plus it uses the 4pin thingy... I'll let you all know how it goes when I get it (not till Jan 7th)

7. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
  8. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Ok, well I've installed this asus cooler, my temps have dropped a bit (I'm now idling at around 40c) I've changed my fans too, I've gone back to my tri-cooler antec ones that came with my case and a more powerful intake fan... I don't think I'm going to get anything much cooler... I'll give it a few days and see how it goes...

EDIT: I ran a few cycles with ORTHOS and my temps didn't even touch 50c =D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008