ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080

Try Reshade 0.16+SweetFX 2.0 preview :)

0.16.0 fixes compatibility with Unity 5 Dx11 games (Cities: Skyline, etc.), which no longer worked with any graphics related injector (InjectSMAA, Boulotaurs, ...). It also works with Unreal Engine 4.7 (Unreal Tournament, etc.) now, where it previously failed.

2. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

Tyvm, i'll try that! :)

3. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX 680 4gb
    Crosire, can you please make it more like eFX in tems or dll injection?
    Usage of render libraries only is not a good idea for many games, because well any software overlay injector collides with wrappers and crash game, Xfire, Raptr, anything but Steam, also some games like Mortal Kombat does not even start with wrapper and say you have problems with direct x.

And eFX allowed me to use it with MKKE because i used dinpu8.dll instea of d3d9.dll for hooking.

Please add dsound, dinput, dinput8, XINPUT9_1_0, xinput1_1, xinput1_2, xinput1_3, xinput1_4 , winmm, version.dll, user32, kernel32 and few more most common dlls exports .
    Also in case of combined usage with some more wrappers, please add some configurable re-routing for such dlls, like this:

dinput.dll = dinputwrapper.dll
    dsound.dll = alchemy.dll
    xinput1_3.dll = x360ce.dll
    d3d9.dll = d3d9.enb

please, do it.

Also, how about implementing internall wrapping for ddraw and d3d8?
    I dont mean that you should do separate implementation for dx7 and 8, but would be nice if your library would translate all calls for pre dx9 to renderer of choice be it d3d9 10+ or OpenGL.
    For opengl you can borrow some code from WINE which works pretty fine under windows and wrapps all the D3D games to OpenGL, including ddraw and d3d8 games, which works better with Wine wrappers under new windows, while native dlls sux in terms of compatibility with old games.

4. Ash

Ash Active Member

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI
    Wasn't 0.16 supposed to work with Unity? It still crashes Cities: Skylines for me.

5. XRyche

XRyche Guest

GPU:
    MSI AMD R7 265 OC 2GB
    I'm using Reshade 0.16+SweetFX 2.0 preview with Epsxe (a Playstation 1 emulator) which use an Opengl2 "plug-in" for the graphics side of ps1 emulation. It actually works for the most part , surprisingly. The one and only issue I have with it is when I try to use SMAA it makes everything dark. Not completely black, mind you, more like someone set the gamma to 2.8. You can still see the image it's just way too dark. Everything else I have tried works including FXAA, it's just SMAA that has an issue. Is there any way to fix this?

6. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    I am unable to get crysis 2 working with sweetfx with either DX11 enable or not unable. Any help would be appriciated.

7. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Hey Ceejay, it's nice that you add new kinds of shaders like Ascii, but I think it won't be used by 90 percent of us SweetFx users. Most of us use SweetFX to enhance the games we play, not to change the entire experience that dramatically.

It would be nice to see some kind of specular texture shader that would enhance specific textures like those that resemble metal surfaces and give it more of a shiny mirror effect. :)

Anyways, thanks for SweetFX and everything you have done.

8. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    The SweetFX shaders only see the final game image (and the depth buffer) and there is no way of telling from that what pixels belong to what image.

You need access to a texture that showed the texture IDs or object IDs of the scene and Reshade cannot capture that.

9. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Try updating your drivers to the latest version.

I'm on AMD where the latest driver version is 15.3 beta.

The workaround is to apply gamma 0.4477, but that's a workaround and not a fix.

Let me know if newer drivers helped or not because it would be nice to get to the root cause of the problem instead of just using a workaround.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  10. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I updated the first post to mention the 2.0 beta and ReShade.

11. XRyche

XRyche Guest

GPU:
    MSI AMD R7 265 OC 2GB
    No, updating to the newest beta drivers didn't fix the issue. On the plus side, your gamma settings worked really well. I tried adjusting the gamma settings previously but just couldn't find that "sweet" spot, so thank you for the value. One more thing. Is there any way I can get SMAA to round corners even more than the 100 threshold? Some of the text in games like FFIX could actually benefit from some more blurring.

12. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    There is no way that I know of.

13. XRyche

XRyche Guest

GPU:
    MSI AMD R7 265 OC 2GB
    Ah okay. Thank you anyway. I found a way to get the effect I wanted by using reshade+sweetfx SMAA and a shader suite called PsxFX that has a 2d interpolation smoothing shader that uses the integrated shader support of the OpenGL2 plug-in. They work quite well together.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    DMC4 on window 8.1 anyone? ive tried multiple versions but cant get it to work other than in DX9 mode.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unsure if it's changed since I last tried it but with 0.12.x I could not get any D3D10 game to work with ReShade, I don't have that many different games to test with that use this API but maybe it's still a bit problematic and that's why it fails to initialize. :)

16. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

What is the current best Configurator to use for ReShade/SweetFX? I still have the old configurator UI app but it doesn't seem to work with the newest versions of ReShade/SweetFX.

17. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not at all =)

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sounds good, I'll have to try 0.16.x with Oceanhorn or Raven Cry then. :)
    (The only two games I currently have available which use DX10)

19. Digika

Digika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I'm confused.

Reshade manual says this:

So I copy the correct Reshade dll (injector), then I go to SweetFx/Shaders and copy&rename SMAA.hlsl to d3d9.fx (like the d3d9.dll, game uses d3d9) but then it throws me an error:

Okay, seems like I did not configure everything. I open d3d9.fx (old SMAA.hlsl) and I see it requires to include SMAA.h and other bunch of stuff that do not present in the archive with Reshade?

Wtf?

20. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    SweetFX's shaders don't work standalone, they only work correctly when loaded via "Sweet.fx".