StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    raaaah! I crashed 4 times and now on my second repair of the night. I have no idea whats going on.

*guess its time to finally update my drivers. I havent updated since I bought this thing first weeks of its release...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    poor toss T_T

3. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    Anyone else having issues with masive amount stuttering and i dont mean during replays or anything i deleted all replay's etc.....

but game stutters like mad along with sound stuttering its pissing me off -,- having this ever since patch 1.1.......

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Haven't played a whole lot since the new patch, other than a game of Roundabout wars I just finished. Didn't notice any stutters.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Have any of yall tried to play this game buzzed/drunk/high/messed up? It just doenst work!

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I get my ass kicked sober/drunk/high it doesn't matter

7. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Maybe if you played drunk/high/messed up you'd play better? Worth a try...:p

8. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I have had some problems after patch 1.1 as in i need to log out to watch my old replays but i have not had the game crash on either my laptop or desktop.

As for playing while buzzed.....i have done it and for some reason i seem to win always. ^_^

9. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i only win when I am ****ed up lol

10. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Zerg vs Protoss, 1 vs 1

Finally, I've re-discovered this wonderful game :) So far, it's just skirmish for me... After 8 years of break I still pwn average players, lol. Love it so far. Also, rather than posting it in some uber-nerd Blizz section, I'd ask you gurus :)

So, what does it take Zerg to pwn Protoss on 1vs1 large map nowadays? So far my opponents didn't have a slightest chance. While I build 12+ Stalkers, 5 Collossi, a couple of Immortals and 5+ Zealots, zergs test my defense several times and fail miserably thanks to my multiple cannons. And by the time I'm done with the army and basic upgrades and rush to their base (mind you, it takes some extra time to find it on a large map), they barely have 10+ serious units to defend themselves! Am I that good or Zergs just need too much time\balance patches? :nerd:

11. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    at least when I lose being drunk, it doesn't hurt/matter so much 'cause I'm still gonna be drunk. lol

12. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Zergs dont have any serious mid range strong unit like the Terran and Protoss do. However they are more for the masses. The strategy here for the zerg player should have been to use Roaches and Hydras combo to counter your attack. Roaches are actually quite usable if you research the "dig" upgrade so you can molest his forces then burrow for them to recover insanely fast and then do so again. Its a bit more work though.

13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

You're probably not playing against very good zerg players.

14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    it's actually the toss who's the gimped race atm. :(

15. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Where's the best place to watch games at? I thought it'd be boring but I watched one on youtube and it was surprisingly entertaining.

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    yt. try Husky or HDStarcraft's gamecasts.

17. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    watching the epic videos is better then going on a losing streak lol.
    it seems most top players who use zerg who crazy micro skills.

on the other hand, ive been winning lately with the korean style 4 gate just cause noobs don't check for proxy pylons.

18. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Appears to be true! Today I've been promoted to higher league and met some real challenge. Party went much longer than usual, so I've finally faced several Mammoths, my units and buildings infested, and roaches being catapulted into my base, hehe. Apparently, zergs do need more time. So far it seems that generally (there are exceptions, though), if someone launches a massive attack in first 15-20 mins and fails, then he loses altogether, even if enemy doesn't have much units left to retaliate immediately. Anyway, it feels so damn good to be back in SC!

Btw, how does hard\very hard AI stand against a decent player in skirmish? Is there any point to practice with it except for achievements?)

19. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    the new patch(es) suck... i play as protoss and i could win about 4 out of 10 games now, im at 1 or 0 out of 10 games!!! FFS!! what the hell have they done to SCII!

20. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    they should rather nerf teran then protos atm tbh........
    protos i would consider fine atm really.....

also dang they fixed no delay trick on workers ;<.

now what i do early in the game to increase apm ? ;|