Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.0 Goes Live

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Cloud Imperium Games has announced that Star Citizen’s Alpha Patch 3.1.0 is now available for testing. Some of the new features include a character creator, which allows players to customiz...

Star Citizen Alpha 3.1.0 Goes Live

2. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Star Citizen is really coming along better than I expected. They've adopted an aggressive release schedule with major features quarterly now. Releases are speeding up surprisingly. For those who left and those who haven't given it a chance I suggest you check out the roadmap. You can see they are already working on 3.2.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/info

If you decide to give it a shot here is a referral code for 5000 UEC in game. Code: STAR-FNG2-NB72

3. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Oh geez, they already released 3.1, I thought that would take until Summer...and they've got over 2 MILLION backers now, who have paid them 181.6 Million dollars so far.

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I'll wait for pre-beta 33.3.3 before spending a dime on this game...

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Their reputation is definitely being tarnished by retaining the Alpha prefix. It makes the game seem like it isn't making progress, or at least not quickly enough.

I don't think this game will fail, but, if it will, I think it's because they kept "feature creeping". They spent too much time adding minor features and not enough time making the game complete. It's nice seeing that they have a roadmap, but I'm not sure how strictly they follow it.

6. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    ^^
    Yeah, they added a ton of different features which resulted in a very lengthy developing process, especially if all the features have to work together and actually be stable. If they made a game and then added all the fps features, etc. They could already have had a product and some people, including me, would buy that. As it is it really looks more like a scam, where they took a lot of money for a game that will never be released.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    This crap still not in Beta?