Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Canada track looks stunning. The game runs so smooth, no slowdown anywhere. You also get a impressive sense of speed too.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    That game can't come out any sooner. And the fact that not only did they add the dual independent automatic front and rear spoilers to the Huayra, but made them actually work as you'd expect them to.... epic.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope there's a decent disccount for the full version of drive club for ps+, if not I will probably buy the retail copy.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Confirmed by Sony PS+ gets it free.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This is good news. I was considering getting it already.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Those youtube videos of driveclub are horrid. The game might look really nice but youtube oh you.

But really 30fps :/ what a bummer. To me racing game 60fps is a must.

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So is the PS+ version of Drive Club going to be the full version or some stripped down version. I have searched all the usual places and nobody really has an answer.

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Actually, you'd be surprised.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/30/dri...lutely-the-best-thing-for-game-says-director/

I didn't even know Second Son was 30fps. And apparently a lot of racing games are 30fps. To me, i don't think it'll be that big of an issue. I think a bit of blur will help add to the sense of speed. If you're going quite fast, things along the side shouldn't look perfectly clear, anyway... at least if realism is your goal.

And why would you want to have higher FPS but lower detail? I've never been that much of a framerate whore... so long as the reason for it was plausible. Crysis ran quite horribly when it first came out.... yet it still looked beautiful with the graphics toned back a hair, and with sub-30 frames.

Need for speed: Rivals detail:

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/1047882_10153886604765626_905429180_o.jpg

and... well... a comparison of GT6, Forza 5, and, of course, DriveClub.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10...screenshot-comparison-across-two-generations/

Which, if you ask me... i honestly think DC looks the best out of those three. Forza looks nice... but seriously... does M$ HAVE to have shiny-as-sh*t games all the time? Even at dusk... what the hell?

edit: OH WTF?!?! Yet another game freakin delayed that i've been seriously looking forward to.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/05/16/tom-clancys-the-division-delayed-until-2015/

This is just getting ridiculous. At launch it was WatchDogs, DriveClub, and i believe The Order 1886. Now The Division. What's next? Destiny?

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^its a ubi title of course its going to be delayed. Its needs more polish liek every other game the release.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Today, to this tweet of Tidux, Thuway aka Ahsan Rasheed gave a interesting reply, "If the number you are giving me is true, than it really is game over Xbox One."

Later on Thuway clarfied that he is not talking about sales war between Xbox One and Playstation 4 but Playstation 4 performance boost coming in future.

Thuway clarified: "I don't mean game over in terms of sales. I am talking about power. PS4 performance boost rumor is insane. I find it hard to swallow"

"But if it is true, the Xbox One to PS4 port differences will grow much larger if devs choose to make PS4 versions shine."

Going through the entire conversation it seems like Tidux is hinting towards improvements from ICE team for Playstation 4 and contents Naughty Dog will show at E3 2014.

Ex-IGN Edition, Jeremy Conard replied this to the above tweet of Tidux: "that’s what Sony should play at E3 when ND shows off the face melting work the ICE team has done"

These industry insiders have pretty good track record of leaking information way before its official announcement, so we just can't completely ignore them. Are you guys excited about the new course of turn next-gen consoles war between PS4 vs Xbox One is about to take?*

S4 Receiving Massive Performance Boost From Team ICE, Xbox One Port Difference Will Grow Larger: Insider

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Those insiders are known to be full of ****, don't waste your time on them.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I wish I could find a PS4 version of Watch Dogs that wasn't £45+

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Damn .. that's a lot of money. You can try for the PC if you're interested, it's for half of that. Eclap had posted a deal.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Looks like I am going to have to. Not paying £45 for a video game. Or maybe wait a couple of weeks for the price to drop, or get a used copy.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.