Sony PS4 production cost estimated at $381

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    What is the equal to for NVIDIA?

2. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    It is accepted that after "3" most will say there not as good. I don't really understand why this is but it seems to be. As for me saying stupid things. No, I just have an open mind and I am extremely perceptive.

3. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    probably 660

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Gtx 580 is also an acceptable answer

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What the ****? You seriously can't be for real. Out of the millions of products made, a sizable chunk are well past version 3. The only reason Microsoft doesn't put "3" in the name is because it's unnecessary. "Xbox 3" isn't going to sound good to anyone worth a damn in Microsoft's marketing department.

[​IMG]

I give up honestly, I have brain damage from reading these posts.

6. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Ok, so Sony releases there "Next generation" game console with 2 year old PC technology assuming the PS4's GPU is about as good as a 2012 GTX 660. Some of you guys are running out with your credit cards and paying $400 USD for this. What totally baffles me is none of you guys would ever dare do that if NVIDIA or AMD released a GPU today that was as good as something from two years ago. Why the massive huge contradiction on mentality?

I am not trying to troll honestly, I just want some logic to explain this...

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    [​IMG]

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Not sure but Microsoft have to give sony + other companies money to have a blu ray drive in the xone, no disrespect to joey essex but is that you.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Seeing as it is a GCN based console 7870 is best comparison. The 660 is weak in comparison.

10. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Sykozis: Just for your information: "Pentium" is latin for FIVE or 5th. Intel got rid of this tag for obvious reasons too...

11. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
  12. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I'm cool with the exclusives, nothing to say about that.
    But the other thing.....just a new way to switch tv channels makes it a cool media system?
    Plus i'm pretty sure you'll be able to do the same with the Sony camera or whatever it's called. With the difference that you can actually choose to have it or not when you buy a PS4.
    Is Microsoft the new Apple or something? It's so easy, why not let the people choose what they want?
    Sorry, but in my opinion most of them are just brainwashed fanboys.

13. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    This topic has been beaten to death. Consoles work in a very different way, you might have heard of something called optimization. Since every console runs the same hardware, the developers can squeeze every last bit of performance and this makes a huge difference compared to PC where its very difficult to optimize to any specific hardware and the full desktop OS takes up resources as well.

And regarding the price, $400 is pretty fair considering you get a FULL PC (not just a graphic card) capable of playing games nearly as good as PC from a year or two ago.

14. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    Sweet Jesus the latin word for five is "quinque". Are you thinking of Greek? For your information, since you're so perceptively retarded:stewpid:

15. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    One of the two LOL

16. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Yea right, consoles have magical properties and only console programmers have the magical ability to "squeeze" optimizations out of there code but not for PC because for some strange reason PC programmers didn't go to the right school to learn to be a programmer. Jesus, your explanation is what we hear on the console forums. It is like, not really having a logical reason and then just pulling this one out of your @ss! LOL I am sorry if I sound like a smart @ss here but common now, can we not all use common sense?

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Common sense? You have no common sense, you're blatantly here to take the piss. The reason consoles work so well, as has been stated, is because games are being designed for one set of hardware. This allows developers to get a lot more out of them than developers can with PC games. While this should be obvious to anyone with sense, the reason this isn't possible with PC gaming is because of the huge variation in hardware.

You seriously need to just stop posting, I'm not even joking here. You constantly post misinformation, and yet still have the audacity to call other people out, even when what they're saying is entirely true? Get the hell out of here.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Violentum just stop right there for your own sake, you've been talking bs long enough now.

19. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Just debating that is all. You know you don't have to read what I post if I bother you so much...

20. BiggieShady

BiggieShady Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 970 Phantom
    So 350 square mm is largest 28 nm chip in the world ... pfft, not even largest in the room