Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Get it replaced ASAP. I remember trying to get my PS4 replaced because of the coil whine was driving my crazy, but they refused.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ah dont even get me start on coilwhine, ps5 has it ,but no where near as bad as the ps4 pro was that was bad enough to make me say I want m money back, PS5 I can deal with it, then again I dont have many ps5 games other then nioh 2 and contol and most pro games it not bad if not noticable. the Vibrations from the plates annoy me more but I can actual fix that my self

I will call sony about in few days maybe, I just got finished with Gamestop... I will never do business with them again.

I have 10 month warrenty with sony for ps5 and another 3 years of protection plan from walmart for the ps5 but the for first 1 warrenty has to go threw sony

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah they try everything possible to have me send controler in istead of let me place hold on card to new contolrer sent then send defective controller in. in fact the warranty dont even cover shipping of defect contoler back only system

and they said 15 day turn around. and seeing issue is coming and going which mean something moving around there, they might just say they se nothing and send me it right back, try to get them to just send me new controler is furstrating it not even 3 months old

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I thought they might say something like that. It all depends on what Sony classes as 'wear and tear' or 'acceptable limts'.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know i got put on hold 5 times and lady talk mutiple support people or so she told me try to get that done for me didnt go far. but she couldnt I even told this seem be randomly happen some time it fine other times it not, so i kind insistend on it be new and they just send me new. they might just look and find no issue and send right back and i have the same issue.

I got 30 day on case to see if I want o follow threw on this 15 day turn around thing

*edit*
    and this why I was insistent on them just replacing it, cause since I talk to got this ticket the R2 Buttons been working proper, issue probably has something to do with Trigger intensity(which i turned on to test something but turned it right back off cause i dont like it) and rumble behind the button but few games have rumble effect behind L/R buttons stupid issue comes and goes as it pleases if anything made it go away it was rumble effect behind the R/L buttons that "control" uses since I did those test in that game it been pretty much fine

It has come and gone the past 8 hours of gameplay multiple times

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well I know what fixes it but i dont know why it does or how to make the fix permit. If i hold the R2 down and blow between the R2 and R1 button the sounds it stick or rubing against something that come from it and the fact it becomes unsmoothing rough when press it you feel it diffrence when happen it stops and work properly for short period after blow between the (Hold down R2) and blow between R2 and R1

Swear when it happen it feel and sound like wire or something is geting caught where it dont belong

Love ps5 though and few games I have

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably the spring. It could just because it's new.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Can only hope it stops, It just for some stupid reason hold R2 down and blowing between R2 and R1 buttonit stops noise and what ever is causing button to get rough. I just dont see how the slightest air flow make button Quiet and move smoothly when it happens, litterly this is the ONLY Sony controller I ever had issue with button or analog wise ever. And I see the Spring from tear down and I dont see how anything could be causing the R2 gett rough around 70% down it all gears less the gear are defective some reason

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  9. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Guys be carful with the April system update, just updated mine 30 min ago and my Samsung T7 external storage got corrupted with the loss of all games. The games were showing as installed but refused to play and would not give me the option to delete. Disconnecting (safely remove) T7 then reconnecting to PS5 informed me storage device was corrupt. Had to connect T7 to PC, format, delete game data link from console SSD for it to allow me to then download game data again. I should've disconnected storage before update but never thought.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  10. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    After this new update when I turn my TV off the ps5 goes into rest mode any ideas how to turn that off.

11. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Settings, System, HDMI, Enable power off link. Set this to "OFF". As far as I'm aware this is how its done.

boodikon likes this.
  12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Thanks for some reason it turned on after this update.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think this update fix the spin up of disc ever 30 minutes? well it still SPINS UP but instead of being loud like when a disc is installing it quiet like when playing Bluray. also time Disc spins up upon system start has been reduced so the spin up on system start that sound like Disc install dont stay spining as long?

Atlest that was seems like to me. Still No Folders for home page like on PS4.

Update when fine on my end with my T5 connected

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah the definitely reduce the spin speed of every 30 minute disc spin that happens so it quiet to point you dont really hear it, I still dont know the disc spins every 30 minutes even when playing game that dont even use said disc, even when it is game that use disc there is no reason for cause removing the disc shuts the game down anyway.

But reduce speed in the spin up make none issue now cause it now loud

scatman839 likes this.
  15. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    I must just have been unlucky, everything is slowly getting installed back onto my T7 now but that Warzone is massive and takes ages. What's the feeling on rest mode these days? I've always had it disable but due to the amount I need to download I've activated it. I've remembered to keep the USB always powered though.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    My PS4 used to turn back on randomly when in low power mode. Never figured out why it did it.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Dont use rest mode and never will cause Sony want have LED light bar that lights up when it rest mode. I turn my system off when it not in use cause I dont want lights on.. Nor do i want night light when I trying to sleep

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Thank feck for the disc spin fix! I hadn't noticed it fixed yet as I was in the middle of a game and didn't want to update but look forward to this one.

Just completed immortals fenyx rising, very good game, onto the dlc now

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Yah this was definitely needed, would been better if the also stop the ever 30 minute disc drive spins up too, but atlest now you really cant tell it doing

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT