Scanline is synced to wrong display.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by woobilicious, Aug 8, 2019.

1. woobilicious

woobilicious Guest

GPU:
    RX580 4GB
    I recently got a new monitor, I have an old 1920x1200 display plugged in to the only DVI port I have, and a newer 1080p IPS which is my primary monitor now, plugged in to one of my Display Port ports.

Before I got the IPS, my scanline sync would sync near the bottom of the display, with the new monitor, the scanline slowly crawls down the display, seems to be synced to the 16:10 display I guess?

What can I do to get Scanline to sync to the right display, I tried switching DP ports, but didn't help.

Is this a bug in RTSS? a limitation of Scanline sync?

To add / clarify, my 16:10 display has a refresh rate of 59.95, while the 1080p one is 60hz, I successfully overclocked the 1080p display to 75hz and it's still syncing to 60~fps

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. woobilicious

woobilicious Guest

GPU:
    RX580 4GB
    Ahh okay After heaps of googling I found the SyncDisplay Option.

I don't know why monitor "1" is "1" and monitor "2", is "0". Which probably explains why it didn't just work out of the box.

3. mdrejhon

mdrejhon Member Guru

GPU:
    4 Flux Capacitors in SLI
    To Guru3D: Does it automatically default to the primary display?

(I have a forum member who said it is syncing to secondary display by default -- so wondered if there's a reason for that)

Most games use fullscreen exclusive mode onto the primary display by default.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It defaults to \\.\DISPLAY1

5. woobilicious

woobilicious Guest

GPU:
    RX580 4GB
    According to Kodi in fullscreen it seems to think it's on my 2nd display while on my primary display as well.

In Windows Settings -> Display it's listed the other way.

Probably some retarded bug in Windows.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Probably you don’t understand the meaning of display device indices.