Sapphire HD 7870 OC crash with black screen and sound loop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Zahlokhnir, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    The problem will NEVER be fixed

The linked french article now makes it 100% clear and confirms the worst fears:
    This issue can !!!NEVER!!! be fixed. Some manufacturers were using insufficient materials in the production process which causes the card to black-screen randomly. According to them less than 1% are affected, talk about luck, I guess that is why they can sweep it under the rug like this. I will never buy another AMD product in my life.

AGAIN: THIS IS A HARDWARE RELATED ISSUE THAT CAN NEVER BE FIXED!

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Complete crap.

If you'd actually read the whole article like I did you would have seen this:
    Fwiw I've been saying it was a hardware issue since day 1.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  3. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    LOL. I have read the whole article, and everything I said was true. Whether or not you can get a replacement depends on your retailer and the fact that they control new batches of cards doesn't help us at all now, does it???
    If you have a card that was produced with those materials, you're ****ed.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^What's it got to do with the retailer? Just contact Sapphire directly...

5. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    Then live in denial.

It's a hardware issue. Sapphire knew all along, they were using crappy materials in the production process. And they keep it to themselves. All brands have this problem, it seems to affect Sapphire cards the most 'cause they sold more than the competition. And Sapphire keep using that materials for longer, of course.

The issue itself is very random. For example, I played 3 days with 12.11 without a single black screen... until yesterday. So, if it happened to you, it will happen again dude, sooner or later. Everyone who has ever had a black screen crash is f**ked, 'cause it means the card was produced with the defective materials. Sorry people.

That includes me. So, what I'm doing as soon as it's monday, I'm taking off this Sapphire 7870 2GB OC, throwing it to the toilet, and taking a huge dump on it. Later, I'll be going for a EVGA Geforce 670. And that will be the end of my business with AMD/Ati and of course Sapphire. Como decimos en mi paĆ­s, "no se puede tapar el sol con la mano". Thay knew all along, and they kept it to themselves. They talk about 1% of cards affected? Seriously? If you don't have a black screen crash, you have artifacts/flickering. It sound to me that it's waaaay higher than 1%. And not only HD7870s, issues are present all across HD7XXX boards.

Later people. And forgive my english, I'm from Uruguay :p

6. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    I did contact them directly.. multiple times..

They told me to RMA the card the with my local retailer, you're ****ing clueless son.

"Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service."

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Don't call me son, you smartmouthed little shlt. I promise I'm many years older than yourself.

And try and explain this posted on Sapphire forums:
    Maybe Sapphire just don't like you.

8. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    Maybe they have a different policy in my country? Anyways, if this is a public forum please link it so we can verify all the bull**** that sputters out of your mouth.

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Nah, I'm not going to try and help you any further - I think I'll just report you instead.

10. Genesis

Genesis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 Ti
    In other words, you made it up: Well, thanks anyways for wasting so much time :).

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If you weren't such a newbie you'd know I never make anything up.

12. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Hush now, bad children using bad words won't get any dessert^^ Seriously, are we in kindergarten?

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    facepalm

He didn't make anything up. He just doesn't want to help you, understand that.

Here, by using a bit of intelligence that has been bestowed upon me as a human being, I used google to run a search as any normal human being would do these days.

And this is what I've found:

http://www.sapphireforum.com/archive/index.php?t-29415.html

Press CTRL+F, type in "contacted" and press ENTER a few times, there's the post.

14. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    So eybe you can help me and post this link?

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Not really. You were blaming everyone and everything but the Sapphire. Who turns out went with cheap capacitors.

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Maybe you should stop stalking me or else read my posts in other related threads, instead of hand picking 3 comments which don't even contradict what I said about it being a hardware issue.

As I said before, I have always maintained it was a hardware problem. Btw you're wrong as usual, this issue isn't confined to Sapphire, it affects all partners - AMD are to blame. Read the article.

What was the point of your comment anyway, other than trolling since you don't even own an AMD card.....

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Your posts in this thread speak for themselves. There is no need to reinterpret them.

As for the "stalking" part, maybe you should get some help. Because I don't even know who you are dude.
    Should I?

Correction of your attempt to rewrite history:
    Fwiw i've been saying it was a hardware issue since day 1.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I've had enough of your pathetic attempts at trolling me - welcome to my ignore list.

20. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Calm down.

The amount of reports I got from this thread is ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to a point of view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.