RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuski

Kuski Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix vega 64
    @OnnA can you test world of tanks encore benchmark at ultra settings and 1080p resolution? I would like to know what score you get. It takes less than 3 minutes :)

2. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Just to leave my score with a RX480 with 580 bios 1450mhz clock and a fx8150 4.7oc. I get 16k score, the nvidia cards have more score on this benqmark.

3. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    My Vega crashes with more than 1700clock on 1120v. Power limited? I am running an overclocked 2700x with PBO and 102.4 bclk with a EVGA 750w g3 power supply...

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup it may be the case, i have low combined becouse of that.
    To fully utilize our RIG we need min. 850 Gold or better (71A or 100A) more than 1000W is not needed, maby for CF.
    750W has ~61-62A

@Kuski

I will not benchmark WoT (i don't want to install it yet, Yes i have played this long time ago)

5. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    Seems I have found a base value now for the card, at least for IL-2 Sturmovik. I run HBM at 1100MHz/1045mV. P6 and P7 at stock 1530/1630MHz, voltages 1015/1035mV. Power limit 50%. Card according to the histogram runs memory at 1100MHz flat and core at around 1590MHz with small variations, within 10MHz. Temperature is at 60´C or less with default fan profile, did not touch it. I could propably get a bit more FPS if could get core to run higher, at least at the boosted 1630MHz. 30MHz might be a small increase and minimal effect on FPS though.

I am happy how memory runs 1100MHz stable, 1045-1050mV seems to be the sweet spot for it. Core is trickier to get running flat, even small changes can make it reset Wattman due unexpected error or similar. And how to proceed to get further MHz..really worth it? Game runs at over 60fps, average being above 70-80fps and maximum at 190fps. I use a certain map to measure fps, has a lot to draw (forests etc.) and taxes the system quite a bit. On easier maps the game has fps average rising nicely.

Next project could be to max out what I get from my CPU/motherboard/DDR4 combo. I have the Ryzen 2700X, ASUS Crosshair VII HERO and 2 x 8Gb G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz CL14 memory. Motherboard seems to have some presets made by The Stilt, maybe should try those as the RAM is B-Die. The game title is CPU bound aka likes high MHz. To achieve that I might need to beef up the cooling, even up to a liquid cooling system.

Oh well, tinkering is fun even a bit tedious for a user like me :p Happy holidays to all Radeon heads :D

jimpsar and OnnA like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Try to run 3333 or 3466MHz Safe (from Silt or by @1usmus Ryzen DRAM Calculator)
    Finally we have New AGESA for Hero VI :D -> 3500-3600MHz CL14-15 easy for my setup :D
    (Not updated to new BIOS yet ;) but i will -> it always consume time to set everything right)

Im rather busy Playing BF V & The Elder Scrolls: Legends

7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    new dword @OnnA
    KMD_LongMemoryTraining set as 1

not sure if this does anything, but i'd assume it may help with higher memory speeds, given the new actimingstuning feature.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    "KMD_PrimitiveShaderSupport"=dword:00000001
    "PP_ODNExMaxACTimingTuningLevel"=dword:00000001
    "KMD_LongMemoryTraining"=dword:00000000

OK, i have updated my Personal Tweak.REG
    Good to see if TimingTuningLevel at 4,5,6 with LongMemoryTraining set to 1 yelds some better results :p

UPD.

Tested and 3,4 is just number (dummy)
    Only 1 & 2 is working and Timing 2 is a little better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  9. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    i should also mention, ive noticed the memory tuning settings seem to apply differently after a reboot, ie ill set it to 4 while in windows, but after a reboot it will be artifacting like mad, and at lower settings after a reboot there is more bandwidth. in my case, 2000mhz with level2, in applied in windows gets around 104gb/s, but after a reboot its more like 108gb/s.

10. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX
    Hello
    I have been testing so much with settings my Nitro+ 64.
    Anyone with recommended settings?
    Also Should i flash LC Sapphire bios to have better results?
    Thank you

11. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    I also have this card, is better to keep your bios. As baseline I put P6 981mv and P7 1055, this gives 1600Mhz +-. for HBM I use 1050Mhz with 961mv. 0% on power. Hope it heps ;)

OnnA and jimpsar like this.
  12. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Seeing a power draw of ~225-230W (in Afterburner) with those settings running a Superposition 1080p Extreme run. So yes about that's about max P7 voltage for the stock power limits.

Was using 1702 for P6 and 1752 for P7. Functionally ~1597MHz under load in Superposition.

jimpsar likes this.
  13. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX

Thank you will try them !! :D

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Go to user CP and update Your RIG :D
    I hope You'll be happy with Vega and Adrenalin 2019 :rolleyes:

As for Settings in Adrenalin, you got this in earlier pages (in driver thread).
    Memory can be set to Dynamic to avoid spikes (more often Hits desired OC)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    jimpsar likes this.
  15. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX
    Thank you mate, updated :D

Used to have Vega 64 LC , 1080ti, and now Vega 64 Nitro+ again .Want to stay to red team and support them as long as they have good products with better value than greedy nvidia and intel.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ It's affordable Good Hardware - nothing more needs to be said :D:rolleyes:
    Next Stop is 27" HDR 144Hz Q-LED

jimpsar likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Here is my New PP_Soft Table for Adrenalin 2019 !

As You notice, HBM2 P2 is now 945MHz (uplift from 800)
    It is strongly recomended to use: 850 or 900 or 945MHz for P2 (depends on cooling)
    Tested today with 18.12.3WHQL and everything is fine (no big Temps difference)
    Average in Heavy games is a lot better, no big drawbacks.

Note:
    Check if this is good for You (all :D), then report.
    Also it is good to have Saved Reg file for Your Stable Fast PP_Settings.

Note no.2
    Tested in SotTR (32min in Tomb raider) with Chill set to 64-70
    I've noticed that my HBM2 clocks (checked in Adrenalin Overlay) going up and down 800->1125
    Setting for TR is 1685/1125

IMO it will be good for games such AC: O and Oddysey, when those dips can have visual minor impact.
    In TR GPU clocks hoovering at 1254MHz - 1575MHz to 1648MHz 1.063mV (averaging @ 1449MHz)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    MaestroBayten likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Primitive Discard Accelerator aka Draw Stream Binning

The binning part is only one part of Tile Caching, it there to reduce the post-transformed geometry to a size that can be managed solly in the L2 cache without need to go back and fetch it from DRAM.

As for the first part, yes this does require developer involvement for the first part via an additional subset of shaders (external to Vulkan and DX currently) to be used optimally.
    Things like zero sized triangles can be culled (albeit they are already often culled by the application) and some others can be done at will without fear or yielding worse performance or game breaking bugs but in some cases you cannot.

For example it's not possible to know if you can safely backface cull objects even if they do not appear immediately in screenspace, since fetching, processing and transforming those vertices can then have worse impact on the performance than doing it once, additionally if games use alpha blending, invisible walls, per-vertex/per-triangle collision detection etc. you cannot simply cull them without the game specifying exactly what can and cannot be culled.

Kudos to Wiki & ObviouslyTriggered.

Jackalito and jimpsar like this.
  19. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Happy holidays, everyone!

So, I finally got my hands on the Vega 56 Pulse from Sapphire, and I was lucky enough to get a card with Samsung HBM2 memory. I can raise the memory frequency to 950MHz using WattMan. The thing is, if I'm not mistaken, no vBIOS is safe or even compatible with my card as it doesn't use the reference PCB, but the nano one instead. What can I do if I wanna OC the memory higher?

I would appreciate all the help I could get, as I'm such a noob when it comes to Vega.
    Thanks in advance, guys!

OnnA likes this.
  20. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    So yeah there's a possibility. You have already confirmed Samsung memory so should work. Hynix doesn't work apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.