MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Regarding the latest betas of both AB and RTSS, I just recently updated them and now Gears of War 4 refuses to track any kind of in game stat (campaign collectibles found, versus points during a match, horde kills and waves passed) until I close both AB and RTSS. Gears 4 also had a patch around the time I updated them, so I'm not where the issue may be and where to look. My best guess is that they think AB/RTSS is cheating or acting like a cheat injector, so they lock progress. For now I just use the in game frame limit and put up with the occasional stutter and hitching.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Bad idea, outlining the graphs will double geometry complexity. Enabling OSD fill instead is much more correct way to solve the issue.

3. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Make sure you have on screen display shadow enabled.

I personally find these settings to be the best all around for visibility:
    0,255,0 (Green) Opacity 75%
    OSD Zoom - Smallest
    Raster 3D
    Font - Small fonts, Bold, 8 Point

Also, for readability I have set framerate averaging to 100ms and refresh rate to 100ms integer is off, so you get 0.1FPS Precision. :)

Typing out exactly how I have the display organized and what is showing is too much. Too tired to add a picture.

For the MSI Afterburner window itself I use v3 Big edition.
    I've installed MSI Afterburner and set it up for probably 2 dozen people so far with these settings. :) It's been well received, much more so than the defaults. I'm guessing the goal of the default red theme was to match the MSI "Gaming" branding...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Hi Unwinder,
    whenever I open RTSS .28 beta, when 3dmark main window (current steam version that uses java) is running, 3dmark just crashes with "stopped working" within a few seconds. Did a search and couldn't find anything. My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere. Is this a known issue?

5. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that.

6. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    i try today 3-4 run 3dmark /steam version( preset :fire strike-extreme -ultra) with msi ab beta 16 +RTSS 28 beta !!

290 trix oc + 17.7 .2 drivers
    all run finish very well so far i dont have any issue !!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RTSS 7.0.0 b28 fixed the OpenGL issue for me here too, thanks, Alexey. Granted, it wasn't a big issue for DOSBox (don't care much about h/w monitoring there) but I did see it once in Doom.

8. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  9. Unwinder

Post your profile here.

10. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G

11. otherego

otherego Guest

GPU:
    amd nvidia
    latest beta of AB correctly detect all gpu connected to my rig. But in the gpu selection panel i just had 8 gpu.
    in settings i can see all my gpus.
    my system windows 10
    my rig is 8x rx570 + 1 x gtx 1060 + intel integrated 510 all card are working just impossible to set the nvidia one because i can choose over 8 . thanks for helping

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RTTS Osd works with Destiny 2 beta

13. Unwinder

Weird, considering that they promised no overlays support.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    that's why i think this beta is the same build from E3 , it doesn't even support SLi

here's a video

15. Unwinder

They "fixed" it with recent update, overlays are no longer allowed.

16. Unwinder

A news related to development:

- My Vega 64 sample just arrived so I'm starting implementing support for it. Fan control will be the most tricky part: unlike the previous cards Vegas do not support fan control via duty cycle adjustment (i.e.fan speed adjustment in %), do not support setting desired fixed fan speed directly, so it will be rather troublesome to provide software fan adjustment curve for it.
    - Good news for hardcore users of old good RivaTuner. We're discussing the possibility of adding hardware monitoring plugins support to MSI AB. If we agree on that, it will be possible for you to develop your plugins and attach your own sensors to MSI AB hardware monitoring module.

atlr likes this.
  17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    yeah it doesn't work for me too

18. Unwinder

Good news, MSI like idea of adding monitoring plugings to MSI AB so i start working on the implementation. It is rather serious internal revamp of hardware monitoring module architecture, so it will take a while, I expect the first betas with plugins support in October.
    With plugins you'll be able to add your own sensors to MSI AB like it was done in the past with old good RT, for example develop plugins like this one and share it with community:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/performance-counter-monitoring-plugin.304772/

Please take a note that old RT plugins won't be directly compatible with MSI AB, but developers will be able to port them with minimal efforts.

The1, EriksR, Vidik and 1 other person like this.
  19. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Will the current Beta for MSI AB 4.4.0B16 and RTSS 7.0.0B28 be submitted to Battleeye in the meantime?

It keeps blocking RTSS and it's impossible for me to experiment and set up recording for Rainbow Six Siege... (PS: If you haven't played Siege, you should give it a chance!)

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is winamp not supported anymore?

I tried to record milkdrop visual plugin and it doesn't detect it as 3d app anymore.
    I remember older RTSS use to detect asus AI suite3 and color profile keeper as active and it always overlapped winamp (excluding it), but now with latest 7.7 beta it doesn't detect anything.