MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yup, Chris is outperforming himself with each new skin.

Drerex likes this.
  2. Dude1070

Dude1070 Member

GPU:
    RX 6950 XT
    That is a good looking skin

3. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    A little video showing how the skin works.

toyo, AsiJu, HARDRESET and 9 others like this.
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Any ETA for the next version with the new skin ^ !? Thanks.

Beginning of July with Navi support?

5. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    Yeah, once the updates are applied for Navi support, the new skin will be released. Looks like anywhere from beginning to mid July. Don't know for sure yet though.

LocoDiceGR and HARDRESET like this.
  6. Unwinder

No promises on that, there is no strict release date and it is directly tied to NAVI sample arrival date.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Damn that's a nice skin, layout is easily readable, smart looking design!

Thank you!

Drerex likes this.
  8. Unwinder

Good news. My NAVI sample is on the way to me and I expect to get it in the nearest week or so. When I receive it, providing full NAVI support shouldn't take more than just a few hours. According to my initial test results (thanks to MSI HQ for setting up local rig with NAVI and providing remote access to it!) NAVI is using exactly the same API (OD8) as RADEON VII, so most of NAVI functionality should be already working in the latest public 4.6.2 beta 1. The only exception is currently disabled voltage control slider, which is traditionally calibrated in MSI AB at hardware database level and which is always locked for unknown GPUs (including NAVI), but it should be addressed by releasing new version with updated database. Furthermore, you can already control voltage on NAVI indirectly with V/F curve editor.
    So 4.6.2 beta 2 (with new skins by Chris of course) is around the corner. Stay tuned!

9. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    That's awesome Unwinder! Look forward to the update bud!!

10. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 3090
    Thanks AsiJu! I know this community has been looking for something a little more streamline and working to get what you guys want. I currently have a compact design that requires a little work by Unwinder adding some features and should be seeing that in the future.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sounds good and thanks for your work!

Also liked the Steampunk skin because I felt it too had a better layout and composition than MSI default.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I guess I am just an old guy, I like the original skins, many of newer ones are too busy, gamey for me. That new Mystic looks really good though, very clean an functional.

13. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Yea I can agree with you there. For me I've never been able to let go of that side graph. MSI running in tray, just a click and it's there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. gran172

gran172 Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2060 6Gb
    Hey, how did you mix all the sensors into one graph with different colours? Didn't know you could do that in AB.

toyo likes this.
  15. r_beans

r_beans Member

GPU:
    Is there anyway I can get AB/RTSS to properly account for my BCLK OC(Intel)?

16. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Right-click on a graph, select "Attach", then click on the graph you want to combine it with.

Colors for different graphs can be customized from AB properties > Monitoring tab, with the correct graph selected in the list, under "Layered graph color". You can access this directly from each graph's properties (in its context menu).

Similarly to the above, in AB properties > Monitoring tab, with the correct graph selected, under "Correction formula". Mouse over the text field to get a usage hint.

r_beans, gran172 and toyo like this.
  17. Unwinder

Anyone with Ryzen 3x00 around? I'd like to know if new CPU family temperatures are visible in MSI AB, and if not then I'd like to see the following:

1) Edit CPU.cfg in .\Plugins\Monitoring and set EnableLog to 1 in [Debug] section
    2) Enable CPU.dll plugin in MSI AB, it will generate CPU.log in .\Plugins\Monitoring folder
    3) Post CPU.log contents here

18. Unwinder

There is faster way to customize colors for layered graphs. You may customize it without going into properties, just double click desired graph color legend box (it is displayed next to the graph name in hardware monitoring window).

19. mikimaru

mikimaru Guest

Code:
    14-07-2019, 15:06:13 AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor              (family 17, model 71, stepping 0), 16 logical processors
    14-07-2019, 15:06:13 Miscellaneous control PCI DeviceID : 0
    14-07-2019, 15:06:13 CPU architecture 0 detected

Unwinder likes this.
  20. Unwinder

Thanks, I'll add new model ID to the core. We'll possibly need a few more log iterations to update PCI DeviceID as well. Please give this updated CPU.dll plugin a try and see if it gives you temperatures. If not post a log again for updated plugin please:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arz7fwUwKnlTg2GH4Vcm3m6j4s9z?e=Gv9XuD

All

Please don't spread the link to this plugin, it is a test build and it is not intended for anything but internal testing.