Review: Cooler Master MasterCase H500P PC case

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Just put an electrified matt on the top, insulated underneath so you don't get a shock, worked a treat with our cat. Mind you, pussy did give me some evil looks

2. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Spot on, M8, I have old games like Wolfie 1 (RTCW) and no optical drive = no able to play. Is it possible to get a USB extension lead because how can you use an external drive with this case? The USB ports are all at the top, where does n external optical drive sit? Perched inelegantly on the top? I use the Corsair H100i and a Corsair 650D case at the mo (with an 'old fashioned' optical drive as standard) and very happy to have it too.

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Case airflow & good temps is not just the number & size of fans you have so you can't tell without testing - I know this from testing different fan configurations on my own case. I can put 3 fans in the front of my case along with 1 rear fan and up to two roof fans, but the ideal config I've deduced for my system for low GPU temps is to have just one front fan intake & one rear fan exhaust & one roof fan exhaust. More or bigger fans doesn't equal better airflow or temperatures.

4. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    It's a nice looking case but four things stick out at me:

1) No way to mount an optical drive. Some of use still use optical drives. There should at least be some option to mount one. Some of use still burn DVDs and Blu-Ray disks for our home movies because our set-top boxes don't accept any other media.
    2) The front-panel angle is not to my liking, it's going to collect dust in the ports.
    3) Also, there's no USB Type-C port(s) on the front panel.
    4) Only 2 HDD mounting points?! In a case this large?! WTF?

I'm a big fan (pun intended) of Cooler Master, my last two cases have been Cooler Master cases but I won't be buying this one.

5. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    My Corsair 650D has a 200mm standard fan at the front, a Noctua replacement rear extract and two replacement Noctua fans in the H100i which is mounted in the top. The original Corsair fans in the rear and in the AIO cooler were too noisy but Corsair have brought out quieter fans since I had my X3S system built. There is a very useful 3 speed fan controller within a flap on top of the case, I use fast for mid-new gen games, slow for old games and non-gaming use. Essential to have full control of the fans, one way or the other.

6. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Does 'home movies' mean what I think it does? :eek:

7. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    That depends what you think it means ;)

8. Tuoni

Tuoni Guest

GPU:
    Denise
    A big disappointment must be the poor quality of the top and front panel, wobbly and squeaky plastic.
    Even worse.. It's suppose to be a HAF case so why on earth did they construct the front panel in such a way that the two 200mm fans are starving for air???

Temps go down >10 degrees with LOWER fan RPM when the frontpanel is removed, that is seriously bad frontpanel design especially for something that is suppose to be HAF.

Meh I will wait for an updated version with mesh panels instead of that cheap plastic stuff.