Review: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero WI-FI

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Z390 is here, in this review we look at the premium Coffee Lake-S eight-core processor platform, with the ASUS ROG Maximum XI Hero Wi-Fi. We will test the motherboard on the new eight cores, sixteen t...

Review: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero WI-FI

Embra, tunejunky and chispy like this.
  2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great in depth review as always Hilbert , thank you. The motherboard it is a dream to run , absolutely perfect as per my own testing too. One of the best if not the best price to performance ratio based on features , overclocking and high end 8+2 vrm. Asus did hit it out of the ball bark with this updated Z390 board.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3960950_

Embra and tunejunky like this.
  3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    wow wotta mobo.
    this is a complete departure from their (fail!) x299 ROG board...meaning the ridiculously hot VRMs - that hurt my opinion of Asus at the HEDT space, but that has been repaired with a proper ROG Intel Board

chispy likes this.
  4. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    It has actually 4+2 vrm

chispy likes this.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Thank you , yes indeed it is a big fat 4 phase vrm for the cpu. Not as bad as people are saying as it works great for me i9 9900K at 5.2Ghz stable overclock.

6. Gromz

Gromz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti FE
    So knowing all the facts about this board can anyone say for sure that it will fully overclock or use the i9 9900k to its full potential. I like many others have bought this thinking it was 8 phase only to be deeply dissappointed. I cant return it as I am one day over 30 from Newegg. I am about to start my build and would like to know if I should just buy the Extreme board and sell or keep the XI hero for backup. @chispy you said your stable at 5.2ghz?

When I bought this I thought I was buying a high end board but I guess not... Buildzoid review was awesome but he really didnt speculate about its use for the i9 9900k overclocking. I really dont know what to think at this point.