Red Dead Redemption 2 PC patch 1.14

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Rockstar issued an update for the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2. The November 19th update, which is 2.9GB in size, brings improvements to address an issue that resulted in stalls on 4-core and 6...

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC patch 1.14

Astyanax likes this.
  2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    2.9GB for a patch that offers no new content...shouldn't this mean that the game is something like Alpha? That is A LOT of data.

schmidtbag and Loophole35 like this.
  3. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    The PC port was just a mess. They will sort it out. Than I maybe get the game.
    I remember ppl arguing on Guru3d that the game runs as it should, and that the lackluster performance is appropriate to the visuals.

Well... wait till it leaves the alpha stage... testers.. than we talk :)

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    *then

I agree with your statement. The game truly is hammering hardware I feel harder than the visuals dictate. The game looks good but not to the point that this game brings cards to their knees.

airbud7 and nhanphan1990 like this.

5. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Ummm....catch up to 2019 dude. 2.9Gb is a small amount of data, not a lot, and certainly not A LOT. Perhaps you've been out of PC gaming for a while, but in 2019 it's a very small amount of data

Actually it's a great port. A very small amount of people had issues, but those were not due to the port but mostly recent driver updates (the game will not run AT ALL with 399 drivers for example) - been playing since day 1 with no issues, great optimisation and stunning graphics, not to mention the game is simply a masterpiece. Don't buy into all the usual whining by the vocal minority. Sure some people had issues, but most didn't. And often those issues are down to older hardware, poor PC management/maintenance or just old drivers.

BTW, there is no "lacklustre" performance. Most report, as I do myself, that the game runs beautifully. And it does.

airbud7, Caesar and jbscotchman like this.
  6. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Mans obviously never suffered a Battlefield V update. lol

airbud7, jbscotchman and Solfaur like this.
  7. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Yea, game runs beautifully, its just the most demanding title ever. Anyway, Im glad R* does NOT agree with you and they work hard at making the game run better. Make a bench some 6 months later and it will run twice as fast on many configs

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I have gigabit internet and even then when I forget to launch origin once in awhile (because I dont auto-start it), once I do I literally need to walk away because its like 15GB.

airbud7 and insp1re2600 like this.
  9. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Why did Rockstar break auto HDR enable/disable with RDR2?
    It used to work without enabling HDR in windows.
    Now i need to enable HDR in windows every time before i start the game, and disable it again afterwards.

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    RDR2 is 150GB, 3GB compared to that is basically nothing.

Combined with the fact that not all games patch via patchers that open up data and insert/change whatever was done, and often update by replacing the entire file.

Which way is better honestly is depends on the game and how complex it is to change the data, and your individual download speed.

Size_Mick likes this.
  11. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    What kind of gigabit you have that you need to walk away on a little 15GB download?
    [​IMG]

Aura89 likes this.
  12. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    You sit and stare at a screen for 12 minutes? I get up and go get a drink and take a piss.

Now if it was 12 seconds your snarky 'gigabit' comment might make sense.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You realize that his post about 12 minutes is for 79GB right? Or did you not pay attention to how much was left to download?

Sure, gigabit connection won't take 12 seconds to download 15GB, more around 2 minutes, but 2 minutes to wait for a game to download a 15GB patch is....nothing. Start the download, google something, and it's done before you know it. You DON'T need to walk away from it, which was the entire point. You can if you choose to, but literally, 2 minutes is nothing.

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    on a standard HDD?

not sure many people are going to install Red Dead Redemption on a solid-state drive unless they really love it.

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

I figured you quoted me which is why i chose to view blocked users, but i don't understand your question at all.

Most HDDs are between 80-200MB speeds, which is just below gigabit speeds, to much faster than gigabit speeds. Hence why i don't understand why if someone has it on an HDD or an SSD matters much. It can, to a slight degree, not saying it can't, but it really doesn't seem that valid. Realistically speaking modern PC HDDs are not a bottleneck to gigabit internet. Laptops? Sure their small 5400RPM HDDs aren't as fast, but your standard 7200RPM modern HDD? Not so much. I've been getting over 100MB speeds on standard HDDs since around 2007. Gigabit internet = around 100-125MB speeds

Even a $50 2TB Seagate ST2000DM008 achieves around 150MB read/write

As well, RDR2 loves SSDs for loading times, and if you have an SSD, you're going to care about that, so why exactly would you not put your more massive games, AKA the games that will benefit more from an SSD then smaller games typically, on an SSD?

Sure, i understand, it's 150GB, and SSDs are expensive, and i'm not saying everyone will be able to, but that's why people have SSDs...so....i don't understand your question, or statement.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    you have a unique way of blocking people and still viewing what they say?

I must learn this technique...if you don't mind please share unless I'm still blocked.

17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're still blocked, as i rather, in general, not see the content you post. But yes, this forum is able to show ignored content, for instance for me, incase i am curious, of which case i usually shouldn't be, about what people are stating. It also shows who the latest person was to reply in a thread without the content of their post, but from my experience, only if they are the latest post, if someone posts after them, their post simply doesn't exist unless you press the lower right button.

[​IMG]

airbud7 likes this.
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Cool...I did not know that Aura, Thanks...

PS: how you get the black background?.... I really like that!

19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The black background is in your profile settings, as I recall. I'm using it too.