Recent Nvidia Drivers are the cause of your hitching/stuttering in games.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Sep 14, 2015.

1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    our systems differ in mobo, soundcard, and my lack of Hyperthreading, so i'd say that narrows down the possible cause of issues, if we assume your PSU and ram are not faulty.

2. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    ????

This has nothing to do with in-game settings. I'm not sure if you're aware of the issue with these drivers but thanks for the advice

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    The culprit could of course be a faulty or slow HDD/SSD that's being accessed when the hiccups occur as well.

4. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in one thread, lol.

5. GhostWind

GhostWind Active Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4GB
    Like i say i don't have problems with the drivers on any of my games, but you do.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I don`t have any problems, but I do not doubt other people are, nvidia will fix the issues. When I was having problems with driver crashes and firefox, lots of people blamed the ones that were having problems as pebkac and blaming msi afterburner too. Bro science at its finest.

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Does this affect all nVidia cards or only 900 series?

Tbh not having any stuttering issues, been running skyrim @ DSR'd 3200x1800 with hi-res pack for several hours last few days and nothing out of the ordinary.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yeah 9.1 is for Z97, 9.0 is for Z87..

Users with Z87 are not recommended to use that or it WILL have bclk issue (99.8 or 100.98MHz bug). I experienced it my self, almost thought I bricked my mobo but got lucky with flashback and was able to revert back to 9.0.

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea everything is fine here. W7x64. I just disable everything I don't use in Device Management and bios.

-TJ- I don't think I ever had a mobo that will let you put exactly 100. Does yours allow that>? Also "This sub-system is required for proper functioning and maximum efficiency of the PC. The interface checks whether the system is working properly or not while communicating with the operating system of PC.". The wording is so unspecific so it could mean anything. Your fanspeed is not optimizied by mei? That could mean yoru system is not running on maximum efficiency etc.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  10. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    there is nothing wrong with psu or ram, cm

11. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    OMG to this... i just disabled it.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What is the cause of all our stuttering then, wise guy?

13. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Well I can confirm what TJ found on my setup as well. On a freshly installed, fully updated Win 10.

In RYSE - Son Of Rome, I was having consistent GPU usage drops to 70/80% right from the first level and cutscenes were hovering around 60-62fps, I play with vsync off. This was causing intermittent stuttering and a general sluggish feel to the game.

I uninstalled MSI's supplied MEI package and installed the 11.0.0.1144 package found in this thread. GPU usage immediately pegged at 99% right form the start, an increase in frames/fluidity and hardly any visible tearing. Cut scenes now run at 120fps, this is bizarre but I'm not complaining.

Makes the game 100% playable for me now (if you ignore the fact it has no real gameplay :) )

14. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I;m not familiar with the number they use, is there an update available for MSI Z68 GD65?

I skimmed through the BIOS options and didn't see anything mentioning management interface engine.

15. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    ok, so mobo then or system settings? becuase we have the same exact gpu and same exact cpu architecture, difference being hyperthreading, and yet you have stuttering/low fps and issues, and I don't.

16. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Over the past 2 weeks I've been trying to fix the hitching in Witcher III with no luck, and I've had enough, it has to be the game specifically.

I have ran Mad Max, Dying Light and Counter Strike for 15 hours each without any symptoms, but Witcher 3 starts to hitch and drop frames after 1 - 3 hours. I have tried clean installs of Win 7, 8.1 and 10, 5 different Nvidia drivers, a clean BIOS, I scored 80% higher in 3Dmark than others with my setup, passed every hardware benchmark known to man and still, the Witcher 3 has this problem where other games don't.

17. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC

What patch is the game on? Have you tried different patches?

I'm going to install this game and test today. Timing my playtime at one or maybe two hours.

After a hour can you show usages of your cpu, gpu, ram and page file?

Is your temps good and not hitting any limits or thermal throttling ( silly question to ask you but just making sure )

When did it start stuttering? After a recent patch for the witcher ?

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm on the latest patch. I took a big break and in that time there were 3 - 4 patches so any one of them could have introduced this issue. And yeah, temps and all that are great.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I don't have any such issues in w3.

20. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Most likely? A h/w misconfiguration (resource or driver conflict), something running in the background or running out of VRAM.