Quantum Break Will Be Exclusive To Windows Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2016.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I couldn't have said it better than yourself.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.

2. readonly

readonly Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek LE TD GF4 TI4200 128MB O/C'd to 305/550
    Keep in mind that these games they are bringing to Windows 10 store exclusivity are games that were/are Xbox One exclusive games and they are only bringing them to PC to promote their store and increase its library. Without Windows 10 store they would remain on Xbox One and go nowhere else. This doesn't mean they shouldn't clean up and make Windows 10 store a better experience for the user but it does mean anyone thinking this should be on Steam is way way out to lunch on this one.

3. WrathZERO

WrathZERO Guest

GPU:
    290x Accelero Xtreme IV
    Not if they fundamentally change how every application run off windows stores without sandbox mode.

http://labs.sogeti.com/windows-store-apps-live-sandbox/

Specially with how every devices running windows 10 OS need to work seamless, with MS's universal app platform on their one windows vision.

https://blogs.windows.com/buildinga...ook-at-the-windows-10-universal-app-platform/

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Aside from Vsync issues, Borderless Windowed mode is pretty nice. I usually run most if not try to run all games that way.

Other than that, awful restrictions being in the Windows Store. The sad part is the Windows Store could be awesome if Microsoft took it seriously.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    MS should improve their store. But then again we are going to need proper competition vs steam that is almost monopolizing AAA games on their platform. Like MS is trying to make Quantum Break only on their platform not that different from steam in really basic sense.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't get what you guys are talking about. Microsoft has been constantly improving the Windows Store and listening to feedback. If you want Microsoft store items to be exposed to steam, just suggest it, they actually listen.

Like yeah I get it, it may not be up to par with steam currently, but at least they are working on. Phil Spencer from Xbox division seems to be pretty supportive of PC gaming in general. I think they are moving in the right direction.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Tbh Phil is rather awesome guy considering pc and console gaming. To me windows store is decent, not that far behind of origin but way ahead of uplay.

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Last time I looked at the Windows store it's just full of complete crap, it's one of the first things I disable and uninstall.

9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I had high hopes for this but it seems they want to make us play tablet games on gaming pcs with the odd actual pc game which happens to be a shoddy console port restricted as hell, whats the point then? I would rather play it on xbox if that's how its gonna be

they are kind of announcing forza something and more xbox exclusives for pc though, who knows maybe they listen to feedback and make this thing usable, it shows great potential from what they claim they want it to be like

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is it restricted?

I play Gigantic through the Windows Store, feels like any other PC game to me.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Is Gigantic out already or is it a beta? :eek:

12. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    read my post on page 1.

13. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Don't think it'll be shoddy.PC graphics rendering is still far superior to consoles even on the lowest settings.You literally have to hack game files in order to bring the IQ down to console level.Bugs and patches I've accepted as a natural part of it for some time now.

14. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    No Sli, no way to turn off Vsync, no way to install the game to a different drive, the list goes on. I have no problem with other platforms, but when Uplay is much better then you know how bad it is.

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Fair enough -- his tablet comment made me think he was speaking from a game design/controls perspective, not like third party stuff.

16. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    I think you can install on any drive since windows lets you decide which drives are for what apps and such

the issues here are common pc annoyances, like the odd game which has this weird forced vsync mode where it decides arbitrarily to use 30 or 60fps from time to time, things you can simply edit a .ini file to fix, or annoying intro screens that you can simply delete from the game folder, devs almost never fix those issues, what hope is there that Microsoft will be different?

17. nightsaber

nightsaber Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    How stupid one can be? And here we have Microsoft... Their stupid decisions almost killed xbox one and now this...
    F You M$. I won't buy this game on either pc or xbone.

18. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    lol yeah let's not buy a good game because we have to click the buy button on a page we are not used to !

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's a bit more than that.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    You can actually move the damn ms store apps to different drive because microsoft has added that feature for ms apps. And it will work just as usual.