Quake Champions

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Sooo another MP hero shooter .. yay .. !

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If it's anything like the UT reboot I will get wrecked on a regular basis because people STILL are in shape because they probably played Q3 still... not very fun I'm afraid :(

4. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I want this to be precisely like Quake Arena, only prettier.

At the same time, I want this to be different enough from Quake Arena that I don't have to compare the two, and can safely consider them completely different games within the same series. A bit like how I wouldn't really compare Quake 1/2/3 to eachother - they're all awesome in their own rights.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Just please dont be another class based shooter. We dont need another Overwatch.

Go back to basics, be original, be Quake of fail.

6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    This is not the return of Quake as we knew it:

[​IMG]

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    We DONT need another Overwatch >:-[

id should stick with what they're good at.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Nothing wrong with Overwatch, but tbh I don't get why they can't keep to the original... pass here.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nothing wrong with Overwatch... other then that's not why people play Quake.
    So, to bring back Quake and then make it like Overwatch kind of seems like a slap in the face of those that really wanted Quake back.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So another class based arena shooter?

Team Fortress 2
    Overwatch
    Dirty Bomb

A few others...

11. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Looks like they waited to the last minute to see if Overwatch is a success and when it turned out that it is, they quickly slapped a CG trailer, because they don’t have any game yet. In a “we are relevant” kind of way …

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Why does it needs to be class based shooter? Whats wrong with just picking up different weapons across the map and blasting each other in good old fashion way.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Someone needs to remake/make a game like CnC Renegades. That game was so ahead of it's time. Instead we just keep getting clones.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I mean Wow, they really have an unique chance to make something supercool with today's tech and Quake. Make it dirty, gritty, rusted and fast paced as f*ck.

But no, best to make a TF game and hope to have Blizzards success numbers (9m players).

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Doom reboot
    Prey Reboot
    Quake Reboot

All sound great and all, I've been waiting it to happen, especially new ID6 gfx part, but... Why make it so experimental and new, I bet this one will have a bit weak atmosphere too.. I hope Im wrong though, same for Prey.

16. The talented game devs at Totem Arts made a really nice successor of the the CnC: Renegade multiplayer and singleplayer campaign (although you can play skirmish with bots as well) called Renegade-X. I played both multiplayer, skirmish, and campaign of Renegade-X on release, which are both a lot of fun. It brought back memories of the original CnC:Renegade with new maps and remakes of original maps. Link: http://www.renegade-x.com/

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Team Quakewatch, nice!

18. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I really doubt it'd be anything like Overwatch, maybe share some aspects at most... but then again it would be hard to come up with something completely ground breaking. They also mentioned that Bethesda will be working hard to introduce Quake Champions to E-Sports and tournaments beyond QuakeCon.

Plus it's also a PC exclusive (right?), wonder what they got in reserve for us.

19. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I really like the trailer. We have this dark, stone labyrinth with pillars and high ceilings. An ancient, monolithic battleground for cosmic warriors from other dimensions to face off with otherworldly weapons. The sound is punchy like your typical cinema trailer. I'm pretty hyped. Next to Doom, Quake is my all time favorite shooter. Whether it's like the original or class based (maybe we can have both), I don't really care. As long as it's not dumbed down, low skill ceiling spam fest. I'd like Q3A/QL competitiveness, something that punishes you for your mistakes. Guess we shall see more at Quakecon in August.

20. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Id missed the oportunity to reboot the first Quake, which is a masterpiece and a marker of the genre.
    Do we really need another arena shooter, Isn't there dozens already? :puke2:
    Also Epic is releasing Unreal Tornament for free, which is hard to beat.