Proof of 8800 Vista driver?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JerseySeven, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Sadistici

Sadistici Banned

"The box, website and all the merchandising made it very clear that this was THE card for Vista and that it was "Vista Ready" etc."

It is for Vista, and it is Vista ready, but Vista isn't 'ready.'
    Get it??? Good

It just boils down to the age-old-whining-no-good-for-nothing-eating-from-the-Microsuck-hand-that- feeds-them-anti-social-recluse-hermit-avatar-of-the-geek-culture nerds who can't wait for something to 'come out,' or 'finish,' because they can only bite their nails for too long until they taste the blood from their gnawing down to the fingertips.

I am glad that the driver aren't ready personally. Time wise it works out perfect for me. I am still waiting on my DVD box set of Ultimate Vista and I'm in the process of putting another 8800 card in my rig. At this rate, by the time I get Vista, I'll have been able to benchmark and tinker with the 8800, and then run Vista on the second machine with the other 8800 and compare the differences in real time. There will probably be some sort of drivers available, and not only will I get to see the visual difference (if any..I think people misunderstand the point of Vista+DX10 benefits) but I'll be able to test and analyze stability. If it's terrible, then oh well, it's a work in progress.

Just like you being weened off your mom's tit...

Now go play with a weak ATI+Intel rig or something.

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    lol

It IS vista ready....

When vista comes out, When the Drivers Come out Its VISTA ready..

Get?? Good

lol

3. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    why all this argument. When Vista is availiable for retail then be sure that drivers for 8800 series will be released. If not by then, then nvidia is F*#ked. Cards are vista ready but Vista is not ready for retail. So until then shut the hell up and enjoy the gaming on 8800 on xp.

4. G3nerator

G3nerator Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX @ 650/2000

5. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX SLI on Dell 3007
    Vista has been out for a week. Nvidia have failed. I live in the Uk and we have all options of vista for sale. It's been released. It's been about a week now. So Nvidia have failed, on their promise, as most people who vista will goto the Nvidia homepage and find nothing for their newly bought dx10m cards. Very very bad.

6. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    NVidia have clearly staed that an official driver will be available from January 30th the official retail launch, which is still a week away.

7. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    Has the oem one been released in the US then? Over here we can buy Vista Ultimate 64bit for peanuts anywhere we want. We have loads for sale, Is that the case in the US aswell?

What I don't understand is why this hasn't been classed as the official launch, I mean who would want to buy a boxed version when the price difference between oem and retail is so large. It's just plain crazy to buy a box for that much money. Anayway as far as I am concerned Vista is available to buy in a real shop so in my books that is an official RETAIL launch.

8. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Some retailers may have decided to release the OEM version early but it's Microsoft themselves that state that official retail release is January 30th.

Some people prefer to buy the full retail version because it is less restrictive than OEM or Upgrade versions especially if they upgarde or change their hardware often or they like to re-install their OS on a regular basis.
    Plus you get both the 64bit and 32bit with the retail version.

9. TonyM16

TonyM16 Master Guru

GPU:
    Oh I wasn't aware of that. Hmm that explains alot. So oem vista os not as cheap as it seems then , especially for people like us that upgrade often. I thought they were gonn scrap that stipulation. So for retail can we upgrade what ever we want when ever and activate it often?

10. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You'll certainly be able to upgrade and activate more often with the retail version.
    Microsoft doesn't offer you a cheaper OEM version without some penalties, and for peace of mind if you upgrade frequently I'd consider getting the boxed retail version.