PC vs Killzone 2 (graphics)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eduardmc, Jan 21, 2009.

1. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    those graphics are amazing and far better/fluid than Crysis...but if you think that it's actually real time using the game engine then you are sadly mistaken!

that is definitely just cinematic/cgi the real game will NOT look like that. doesn't anyone remember the Killzone 1 trailer vs. the real game graphics?

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    well i was only talking about the average retail price of new releases on PS3 in Ireland, i bought loads of PS3 games up north for £20-£30 when i got my PS3, but none of those were brand new, same with PC games you can pick them up for 20-30euro 2 months after release.

Ive no grudge against the PS3, Killzone 2 looks great for what the PS3 is capible of but the thread is PC vs Killzone( graphics ) which is completely different. Its like comparing a cheap/powerful family car with a porsche.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Crysis looks better, a fact.

Thread over:p

4. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44190.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44194.html

http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/exclusive-killzone-2-gameplay-pt-2?size=large

Real time videos, some of the effects on display here are outstanding.

I see the usual PC brigade are here banging on about textures and Crysis and what not..... This game looks stunning even by my PC's standards, and I have to admit that. I'm glad I got a PS3 and finally all PS3 owners have something to truely shout about.

I get experiences on the PS3 that I won't get on my PC such as Motorstorm PR and Uncharted for instance. I can't wait for this and the early reviews indicate that this game is going to be something special. Bring the rain......

5. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

i know what you mean..

i own a ps3, 360, and a decent gaming PC. and i mainly use my ps3 and PC. the PS3's exclusive are a much better and higher quality compared to 360s. And plus some 360 games are also on PC, which id rather get it on.

People hate, because majority of the time people dont know what theyre exactly hating on without doing research. And so people jump on the bandwagon and hate the ps3 for saying they have no games, when i can already name off 20-30 ps3 exlcusives that are worth wasting your time on..and another 10+ exclusives that are about to come out for ps3 in 2009.

the 360 has barely anything going for it in 2009 compared to the ps3

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    As a PS3 and xbox360 owner and a console lover, i dont think this is real time.

7. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Looks cool, but for me gameplay is more important then graphics.

Crysis is nothing compared to HL2.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I agree with u about Graphic vs gameplay

And ok, CRYSIS is not an UBER product about game play but neither HL2. Freeman is a dull and lame character as Master chief of Halo.

Indeed these r my opinion as those r your opinions :).

9. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Crysis has the superior edge on graphics as far as textures, character animation, and world environment detail go.
    What makes Killzone 2 look as jawdroppingly amazing as it does (or can occasionally) are it's extensive lighting effects.

It's all opinion what makes a game look "better".
    I think Medal of Honor Airborne is an amazing looking game because of it's use of lighting, motion blur, and postprocessing.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hell goddamn true ! that game is awesome but nobody cared with it..shame :(

11. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    The game looks great, and I look forward to playing it. However One thing ive noticed is there seems to be no body damage at all, well from that ballet of death video anyway, and the blood/damage, looks pretty terrible. Everything else looks superb though. Just doesnt look like headshots are going to be satisfying though :(.

12. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    I dont get the point of this comparison.
    The game does look awesome, but so many PC games have pretty awesome graphics these days, that comparing a new medium / high end pc of the last year is no longer fair on the 2+ year old ps3.
    Fallout 3, devil may cry 4, crysis , mass effect . . .they all have amazing graphics, which are , IMO comparable to killzone 2.
    But they are not console titles. I wont be able to sit in my living room, slip in a blu ray and play with my buddies on a big screen tv. Sure, plenty of people connect pc's to tv, have wifi controllers etc,but its still just not the same.
    The lack of installation, the ease of use, those are the main strengths of consoles. The graphics comparison? Well, that only lasts in the first year.
    In 2009, expect most games to surpass console graphics, But that wont make consoles obsolete.
    Just different.

13. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    PS4 won't be out for 5+ years so that isn't very impressive, Sony recently said something along the lines of the PS3 having a 10 year lifespan. Also Microsoft extended the lifespan of the 360 saying there won't be a successor anytime soon.

14. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    The thing I dislike more than 360/PS3/PC discussions and how they tear up the community over ridiculous arguments are exclusives to one platform. I understand the business reasons, but as a gamer it sucks that to play KZ2 I would have get hold of a PS3 from somewhere and get used to the controller. Still, I will try to try this game out sometime, it does look interesting and have fun you PS3 guys.

As for all the "hurr CRYSIS!" arguments, just take in mind the sheer size of Crysis maps and the potential of the engine, put things into perspective. I love those open outdoor environments, but I completely agree with zigihammer - gameplay is key whatever the platform, and for that HL2 is king.

Consoles are fun if you like them, personally I like the flexibility of being able to do my work, internet browsing, communication, gaming all on the same powerful platform. For racing games such as DIRT and football games, 360/PS controllers are useful, and on many games 360 controllers work automatically. Price is of little issue for myself, as I have a PC for everything else anyway so all I needed was a GPU. Flexibility to me is more important than having to play a particular exclusive title or feature. I wouldn't buy a PC just for Crysis, nor would I get a 360 just for Fable.

Yeah - it is pointless to bring up hypothetical situations.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  15. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Why don't you all just go play on your PC/consoles? It must be more entertaining then this thread.

16. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    You are talking crazy speak my friend........ Have a word with yourself.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics... even if you win you're still retarded.

18. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    Reason I like game consoles better is because I don't have to troubleshoot them unlike my pc if I constantly upgrade it with newest tech. Just push the power button and go play. No driver installs, no profile tweaking etc. But paying extra money and spending massive amount of time on my rig does payoff for the extra eye candy.

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I guess - I just think certain people have issues with overtweaking. If it makes them happy then whatever. I normally build a main gaming machine, overclock it to a reasonable level then that's it. My main machine has been super stable and I don't bother tweaking ini files or any of that nonsense.

I really think that's why so many people disliked Crysis when it first came out. I played through the whole thing without once stopping for stupid crap like making the graphics better or extracting performance - the game was seriously pretty excellent. Yet I come on the forums and see people who are like "omg I tried 9 different configs and i can't get over 29.73 fps the game sucks waaa waaa waaa."

20. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    Killzone 2 is a fine looking game and is really making the most of the PS3's hardware, but the hysterical amount of hype about the graphics is simply not justified, even for a console game. It's not THAT good...