Ok Already ! Enuff of the Pope !

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by garikfox, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    OK, Let me VENT for a BIT, LoL !!

Ok im not religious and not even 1/2 of the US is cathloc or whatever.

Since the man died my cable news has been SATURATED with POPE, Im SO disquisted with my Country !!!!!!

My MEDIA can kiss my ..... !!!

Even my father which is mormon cant believe the DISGUIST of this media on all cable news channels, FOX, CNN, MSNBC all have been POPE death since he died not one coverage of anyhting else I swear, THERE was even a bombimg in IRAQ that didnt let loose on the Cathlloc A-Hole MEDIA.

Ok, (deep breathe...) lol

Ok I feel a bit better. !!

(Remember there is NO religion!!)

2. Bubbaganoosh

Bubbaganoosh Guest

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 7600GT 512MB
  3. d_paluch01

d_paluch01 Master Guru

GPU:
    i understand what ur saying, but as a Catholic i believe it is important, but not every channel, it is quite rediculous at some points...

4. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    My view on it is ok the pope died. I'm not a religious person myself either. I know the pope did some very good things for entire countries and such, but enough is enough.

Have something on him for a couple hours and maybe re-air it for a little the next day but all you hear is this damn pope. I'm trying to watch TV wit' my girlfriend and I skipped through at least 10 channels with the pope crap.

I mean enough is enough. I mean my god enough is enough, 1 day is more than enough.

5. Luis_GT

Luis_GT Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X
    hey, i'm catholic and i'm with you guys, one day is more than enough. this is why i don't watch the news, to much crap that i don't care about.

6. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    It's the flavour of the month. Leave the poor old man alone already. I'll leave it there as what I really think would get me into a lot of trouble. :p

7. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    yea - having respect is one thing... but f**king hell.... not even the tsunami got this much coverage, and that killed more ppl then any recent natural disaster which in my opinion makes it more deserving of media coverage then the pope..

also, in .au - 9 aussie navy personell died when their chopper crashed and that DID NOT GET PRECIDENCE over the pope dying. It was like no one even cared about other news, cause the pope had died.

8. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Well its not often you see or hear about a pope dying and to some other people one pope is all they've seen in their lifetime. Maybe not many people care about whats going on, but the 1 billion Catholics followers do.

Would you rather see more of the Schiavo stuff instead? even after the death they still fight on to bury or creamate....

9. WolfPup

WolfPup Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC (12/5) extra pipes don't work.
    I hate the media here to begin with. One minute is Terri Schiavo this Terri Schiavo that, for 2 weeks, then the Pope dies, and they recall all the media and send them to the vatican.
    that is the exact reason why I hardly watch the news anymore. I read what I want on the internet from all different sites, and get different views. It's better that way. if there is something new to say, it'll say it in a headline, and then I can read it.
    the news is out of control. they were giving a play by play account of what they were showing..."..they are carrying the Pope through the square. ok, they took another step. someone blew their nose, obviously saddened by this whole ordeal. oh wait, something is happening... another step. looks like they're making progress, what do you think Jill?" geez. (edit: it is saddening, but it's time to move forward. as new things happen, i'll listen.)

another thing, I don't mind if something happens and they show it, but 11 hours of people walking past the Pope is a little much. THERE IS NOTHING HAPPENING THERE. PEOPLE ARE WALKING BY. THE SWISS GUARD AREN"T GOING TO SPONTAEOUSLY COMBUST OR ANYTHING. if something happens, interrupt the news and broadcast what just happened as long as it's actual news... not just more of the same.
    I'm a Christian and have had enough. this really isn't dignifying having people and cameras all over the place broadcasting live while the Pope lying there.

I saw it at various stages during the day whenever I passed by a tv and saw the same thing with the word "LIVE" at the bottom/top. crazy

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  10. r3g

r3g Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270x
    you said it

11. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    6650 XT 8GB
    You guys are misunderstanding the current events.

There is absolutely nothing else to report on. Trust me.

No corruption, either in corporate form or political. No-one else has died in the past 3 weeks. No natural disasters. No important legislation. No positive news. No wars. No genocide, both past or current. No atrocities. Etc, etc, etc.

I know, 'cause CNN would have told me otherwise.

12. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    I'm gald other people think the same way.

(ohh btw religion is false, was introduced so we all can mingle in peace it seams NOT to be working.)

13. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    It is sad, I'm as atheist as they come but it is still sad.

But don't worry folks, it'll be all over soon and then you can go back to watching CNN talk about Al Queda, Iraq and terrorists.

Edit: Spelling

14. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Woohooo, Another Athiest :)

Right on !! a REAL soul !! :)

15. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    6650 XT 8GB
    It seems more like a wedge to me. I certainly don't mingle when people attempt to convert me to their religion. Fortunately I live in a city where this has happened perhaps once in two decades.

I prefer the scientific method over faith.

16. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Speak for yourself. The Canadian federal Liberal Party is on trial for mass corruption after pissing away millions of taxpayer dollars in kickbacks and slush funds. Very important stuff but it's been getting hardly any media recognition on Canadian TV.
    Also, did terrorism in Iraq stop or am I missing something? There was a deadly terrorist attack on Abu Grabe today. What about that whole NAFTA confrence? Prince Chuckles and Horseface? Haven't heard anything about them. Damning testemony in the Michael Jackson trial today. What ever happened to the Indonesian earth quake?
    Columbian rebels continue attacks. Ukraine's NATO bid. Corruption alligations against the Nigerian housing minister.

See there's lots of news but they choose to focus on some old man that 5/6s of the world does not worship. There's something definately wrong there. There I said it. :mad:

17. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    i am sick of this crap, since sat up to now all i see is the pope. the man is dead ,Deal with it, let life go on.

18. xK Ares

xK Ares Guest

i wouldnt care if the pope died or not

19. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    6650 XT 8GB
    I was hoping people would notice the irony.;)

20. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Its one thing to mourn the loss, but it's another to beat a dead horse (pun intended)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.