NVSlimmer - NVIDIA driver slimming utility

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by uKER, Sep 20, 2018.

1. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    thanks for the app, i just stripped 416.64 driver and will install it in a few days when my 9900k gets here.

2. mrnhmàth

mrnhmàth Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GT 630 / 2GB
    Do I need to check other components if I want the Control Panel to be installed?

3. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
  4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I haven't used this yet but has this been rectified?

5. MaxiJazz

MaxiJazz Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    Not working for me, still need to check all items.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I giggled a little :)

Just saw Techpoweup wizzard made the same utility as you, although his has problems with gfe ... that issue with cfg.file (last 3 lines) and if you dont remove them.

Won't link it here though.

7. hajosattila

hajosattila Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1070
    WDDM 2.5?? How?

8. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    hajosattila likes this.
  9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Used this yesterday for the latest driver, worked great!

10. barmaglot

barmaglot Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680
    Is it possible(by command line params) to silently install the repacked drivers without any user interaction?

GSDragoon likes this.

11. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Guru3D server download is version 0.3.

12. anoukaimee

anoukaimee Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA MX150 / 2 GB
    Hi, not a gamer and a true novice re graphics hardware; just wanted Chrome to perform better than it does w/ my default Intel UHD Graphics 620 (true hardware acceleration and pushing loads to GPU instead of using up all of my 8G of RAM). Was shocked by the bloat and weight of "gaming driver" software for which I don't use most features.

So I came across your tool on MajorGeeks, it installed and ran without any problem at all, and it so freaking AWESOME. Configured Chrome and it blazes, everything is better. Associated Chrome to always run with NVIDIA in its Control Panel.

However, the NVIDIA container and control panel does not start up automatically upon boot, even after tweaking to start every possible NVIDIA service I could easily find on boot. And I can't get them to manually start, either (although the NVIDIA Display Container LS service is running in the background after I set it to through Task Manager, there is no way to access the GUI).

I installed it with the minimal options selected (to include Core Functionality: Core DIsplay Driver, Optimus support, HD Audio, Install Core, and PhysX) after scanning the link posted elsewhere here that goes briefly through the background processes used. My understanding is that "Optimus" is the feature that smart-switches between the Intel and NVIDIA adapters. I looked at the very talented programmer's list of dependencies in this thread, and I thought that I had the two for Optimus installed--that they were part of the "basic" features.

Am I missing something? I really miss the speed that this gave me on Chrome--in fact, with all the flags enabled that I enabled to take advantage of the NVIDIA card, it is pretty much freezing on me now. Speaks to how much power I shifted to the HW.

Some specs on my setup:

HW
    • Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51G-53F6)
    • 8GB RAM
    • NVIDIA MX150 w/ 2GB (the good one, I double checked) and Intel 620 (default)
    • Intel Core i5-8250 1.6 Ghz
    SW
    • Windows 10 Pro x64, 1803, OS 17134.407
    • NVIDIA driver 25.21.14.1694 (or 416.94? confused--former is what shows in Windows Devices, latter, is name of actual download) for x64, slimmed using 0.5
    • Set the "nvcplui.exe" and NVIDIA Display Container LS to run on boot (might need to have other svcs autostart?)

Thanks much--be easy on me, again, really green here.

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    it works... but I don't see any fps gains in my lower end desktops (6100 w/ 970gtx)

14. OHRENSAMMLER

OHRENSAMMLER Guest

GPU:
    3070TI StolenProTyp
    Thanks ! You saved my Lifetime deleting all the Nvidia-Crap. All the crap i do never need. I hope you are going on this great work.

15. Brama

Brama Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080ti
    If I remove NGX core from driver package and I install it, is the NGX core removed from system (maybe using clean installation option in drivers)?
    I ask because I have installed on the system NGX core 1.3 and newer drivers have version 1.25 or 1.27 on the package so, after drivers' installation, I have the indication that NGX was not installed as there is a newer version in the system.
    DDU is not removing NGX

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018

16. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    for full working turing gk need NGX too

17. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    You're not supposed to.
    This is just for the sake of getting rid of some useless Windows backround processes.

Caesar likes this.
  18. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    which one are the CUDA package, I don't want to accidently not install them. Thanks

19. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @uKER

[​IMG]

Floating buttons float :) from my 4K panel @ 125%

20. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    A small enhancement request: please add setting to disable packaging driver into SFX archive. I find it a little bit overkill to pack driver that will be immediately unpacked to install.