Nvidia Quadro Driver 265.90 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How did you get on with the Int. version of the Quadro's?

2. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    yes i understand we all hunger for speed but i couldnt enter to win have black screen flashing then restart, and i even try 1 card and a fresh W7 install...so painful to me

lets hope nvidia put this perf on new drivers soons

cheers mate
    Sergio

3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    After i install all the games i want on both rigs and tested them with the 265.90's, i will be sure to test them out.

Thanks.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Maybe rather "only" for older GPUs instead of "especially"...
    Your card is tech from 2006 basically and it has always been very efficient. Why would you think there'd be a huge jump in performance several years later?

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Because he like to be awkward, wish he would hurry up and get an AMD card, so he can go moan in their forums lol.

Drivers are drivers, these work perfect for some, but crap for others, who knows why, there are too many variables to work it out, but the GTX250 was the only Nvidia card that failed lots of MS whql tests, so the hardware itself is obviously broken.

These are great drivers for me, best i've used in a long time, even those on older cards like the GTX260 are saying so, and even The General likes them:eek:

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Apparently it's not widely know that the drivers contain different optimizations for different GPU series. It's not surprising older GPU's are not seeing additional performance gains from new drivers. After all, they are not new hardware with new features as Radical points out.
    I like these current Quadros. Very stable and nice image quality.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yes but 263.06telsa is better.. smoother.

if you do, then use this string
    %NVIDIA_DEV.0615.01% = Section004, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615 (i used 3, but now i tried 4 and it looks better - 4 started with 260+ driver, with 197 and 258 it was 3)

and you will have to rename/add nvinfo (.pb), its .file by default.

sure lol :D

then why did it took them so long to get the "same" performance back as with old 198.25 driver.. and yet its still broken in few games; the only difference between 198 and 258+, 260+, 265+ is that now it supports 3Dvision and multidisplay setup, WOW amazing:rolleyes:

@redemption

piss off:puke2:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  8. Hooch180

Hooch180 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTS 250 1GB
    Links are dead?
    I can't download.
    I need Windows 7 x64.

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
  10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    im spoiled by this driver. unless nvidia adds new AA methods in the next set, i don't think any driver set will be better then this one.

11. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC

I agree pretty much perfect!

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I didn't monitor the old cards but usually performance is lost due to corrected bugs and compatibility for example.
    As I said, those cards already had a good performance back in the days. The only thing you can hope for in new drivers are updated profiles to get around compatibility issues but I'm sure you won't ever see a big performance increase in your typical games when you compare these new drivers to older ones like the 198.xx you mention. It's basically a 4 year old product that has been renamed and fine-tuned multiple times.

13. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Happends with my 465s aswell in BC2, first time I start the game it will always crash, 2nd time runs perfect.

I found that reinstalling dx9 fixed it, think the drivers corrupt the dx files after a while, they are instable but they are damn fast :p

14. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Someone have problems with SLI and BC2 Vietnam?

I got 580 SLI and got huge graphical problems with SLI. No problems with Single card.

Alså tested 4 other drivers, but no go with sli.

Someone else testet SLI and bc2 vietnam?

BTW single 580 in vietnam have crazy high fps with:

1080p, 16xaf, 4xaa, and the rest on max. Average og 160-170 fps! :hatty:

Mutch better than normal bc2.

15. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    im just amazed that no tech has came up with an answer as to why so many people have the desktop driver crash using the 265 quadro and a gtx460.
    almost everyone agrees its because of the card downclock in 2D but isn´t there a workaround this? there must be!!

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

fyi 265.90 and 263.06tesla are what they should to be in the first place and yet its not it.. I know their drivers well enough and how they work so you can spare your little lecture talk and myths about old hw, lol seriously.

and my point was they didnt change anything in never drivers, except added new workarounds for latest games, 3dvision, + optimizations for newer gpus since they suck in perf. And when they "fixed" newer games they broke other stuff, so yea nothing new really, it happened before with 200 series gpus +19x.xx drivers and its happening now, same $hit but different number..

//im off

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  17. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    Is there going to be a geforce 265.09? I don't know how to mod inf so i can't install it.

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    if it was the 2d downclock then using msi afb setting 2d clocks to 3d clocks would had stopped it but it didnt.

19. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Seems Nvidia removed them from the site? Keep getting file not found.

Found someone who hosted it with modified INF (though I had to mod it for my 570). GPU usage in BC2 is 90+ at all times and seems to have fixed the DX11 slow load times (at least with Vietnam, will have to test reg to see if it works there).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  20. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc

i wanted to try that but it was impossible as the driver kept crashing giving me no time to change those settings, i know there were other ways to get the job done but i was already tired of troubleshooting.

jesus.... all i want is to play my games as i intended when i spent 200€ on a GC... hope monday we have the new GEFORCE drivers.