Nvidia Geforce Driver 368.81 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by VincentHanna, Jul 14, 2016.

1. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I think for vr to really take off we cant have 4-5 different options. VR has to be a standard and any helmet has to work with any device that supports vr. Even then, I dont know if people really want to be strapped into it, I know i dont. VR is the kind of thing i want to try, but I dont want to buy.

2. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I find VR completely retarded. Until we can actually experience true VR (like literally entering the game matrix style) it's always going to be some silly gimmicky idea, not much different than glueing 2 small screens to your eyes.

It's a gimmicky solution for gimmicky games, give it a bit more time and nobody will care about VR anymore, it will go down the same road as stuff like 3d vision

3. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Yup. Not to mention the 1080p@60 fps youtube videos. Frame drops and sound cracklings a lot.

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    I for once can't physically enjoy VR anyway due to almost blind in 1 eye

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Still didn't fix the issue with DPC. they promised they will in friday.

6. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Going from .69 to . 81 breaks fast sync in overwatch somehow - fps gets limited to 199 and weird tearing and lag everywhere. On .69 it stays above 260 and is insanely fluid. Anyone experiences this?

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Fast sync has been removed for everything except Pascal cards (despite it working on even Fermi cards). Seemingly must have issues, I would report this at Nvidia forums and wait for fix. (although, it's now official NOT supported on non-pascal cards).

Also, regarding Pascal latency issue;

Himura said:
    same problem with HIGH DPC !!!!! please fix this !!

ManuelGuzman: "Our software team is working on this issue. We are trying to have a fix in our next driver release."

So, it's being worked on and hopefully will be fixed next time.

8. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    They removed negative LOD in Fermi without no reason around 2 years ago, don't expect them to give a f*** about Fastsync.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not sure but it feels like I'm getting memory leaks with this driver.
    Im idling in Windows and have 91% RAM used after playing JC3.

Edit:
    - Starting Windows 13% RAM used
    - Starting JC3 83% RAM used and climbing

:3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  10. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    Is there any other way to enable fastsync.
    I don't have fastync option in control panel and I never had it there. but setting fastsync in nvidia inspector than it was working with previous drivers. but with current driver even if I enable it in Inspector it doesn't work ;(

11. exdhawk

exdhawk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3
    hi

how i can enable the fast sync in DOOM? i dont find this option in nvdia cp.

12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Maybe they just changed the flags for Fast Sync in the current driver and Nivdia Inspector needs to adapt the new ones first?
    If they really removed the capability for non-Pascal cards it would be quite a shot in the gonads for those of us who bought older cards.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fast Sync was never officially promised for anything but Pascal cards though.

14. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is working all the way down to Fermi. Quite nice nail in the coffin if nvidia wants to keep disabled it in the future. It is working perfectly fine even on Fermi. Just for the record, i am not a fan of any kind of sync at all but also doesn't mean nvidia must disable it on perfectly capable hw's just because it is a new feature to drive people to buy the cards. Let me translate it for you. Your card is old and unsupported already, it is time to change your maxwell 2.0 already to enjoy this feature according to nvidia businesses model. Welcome in the group man :D Good luck with the async performance waiting!

I would not be surprised if nvidia change they mind after some time and make fastsync available to all architects because of the pressure from the users. So once again, welcome in the club and make your noise to happen it! You are outdated already.

Fastsync in action with Fermi :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvYxyIAE5c

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  15. SwiftDragon

SwiftDragon Active Member

GPU:
    HOF gtx980ti
    There's no reason for fast sync to be disabled on non pascal gpu's when we've already seen the **** working on cards down to fermi.

Cut this cash grab trash out, honestly.

16. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Talk to the "nvidia representatives" . They don't care , trust me. I have enough experience with them. It is up to to the community to stand up and start to act like you want something! Otherwise , nothing will happen. Perfect example Fermi DirectX 12 driver support. Now , your are in the same shoe to change nvidia mind.

I have found one nvidia driver developer/engineer who gave me some info before. He said don't even bother me (scared) to give out more info. End of story. I won't share more.

Enjoy your pr campaign for the next months.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  17. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    well, fast sync is working for me, enabling via inspector using the flag 0x18..... and enabling silk smoothness to 1

18. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
    Hey folks, i have another video to compare the new Nvidia driver, as always the audio is in Portuguese, but I put subtitles in English to help them, I hope you enjoy it and if possible share! Sorry for the poor English, but I try to do the best to you friends! Hug.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDQpKyue5o

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    am i the only one who can't get Ansel to work with MEC ??

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I think VR is cool as ****. I don't care about looking stupid. Don't we already look stupid while playing?

I'll admit, personally I am interested more for VR purely for having stereoscopic 3D strapped to my face that looks like i'm actually there. (Like a 3DS strapped to my face).
    But i'm not opposed to full body VR either.

Also: Holy crap NVCP is so responsive now. Only took them like 10 years.