NVIDIA GeForce 441.87 WHQL: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Testing atm, so far nothing unusual. I went from 441.41 and it's about the same, maybe tiny bit smoother.

Fps limiter is ok - still using this atm, but I think I will keep ingame fps limiter, looked more consistent with stabler latency, similar to RTSS.

2. EugeneJackKhoros

EugeneJackKhoros Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    RTSS limits the frame rate at the stage of their formation by the processor, from which lower latency

Smough likes this.
  3. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    I am getting a wonky issue in COD:MW with these. (SLI Enabled) every 30 sec or so getting a double screen glitch, frames drop to like 3 and then it kicks back in. Screen literally scrambles. Im uninstalling, doing a driver clean, then reinstalling to test.

4. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Issues resolved. Uninstalled, Driver Cleaner, Reinstalled (Standard, i don't do that DCH Crapola yet, for some reason it annoys me).. COD:MW Corruption issues went away.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are not sure what is different of users system that show this problems from our systems. I even spent $50 of my own money buying both of these games of hopes that I could reproduce it but I don't see the problem on any of my home systems.

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you share more info?

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I believe you, just an honest translation.

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    By chance do you have the Windows Store apps settings configured to install on C drive or other drive?

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    It does not work on game based on DX8 and older.

pharma likes this.
  10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    so good so far here, no issue, but we need some performance increase in next build, hope so, cross fingers.

11. alko26lik

alko26lik Guest

GPU:
    STRIX 2080Ti OC
    It's simple, the setting has no effect, I tried various fps limits, from 60 to max 144, game fps always goes over, unless I turn on v-sync, then it goes to 144 ofc. Setting low latency mode to ultra does the same, 144. In any case setting it to like 120 or any other value doesn't work. Turning off g-sync and on also has no effect, max framerate just doesn't do anything.
    Runing on Ryzen 7 3700x, TUF x570 mobo, Strix 2080Ti OC, Windows 10 1909, standard geforce drivers 441.87 with geforce experience.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  12. ogyanot

ogyanot Guest

GPU:
    1070 GTX
    I am on the same boat as alko26lik, the setting has no effect on the games I play (WoW Classic - dx12 and Star Wars The Old Republic - dx9)
    I am on W10 1909. Geforce RTX 2080, GSYNC ON + VSYNC ON, no other setting touched except max framerate and use Highest Refresh Rate aviable.

I use DCH drivers without Geforce Experience and checked "New installation" during setup.

I play both games in Windowed fullscreen, but switching to exclusive fullscreen does not fix it.
    My screen is 165 Hz. When I cap FPS in NVCP to 120 fps, both games still go to 164 fps with in-game framerate counters.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    On C.

I uninstalled 441.87 with DDU and reinstalled it again, this time i clicked the Windows 10 message to install the Control Panal. But it appears the Control Panel was already installed, it just didn't start properly.

Maybe it's a problem with my Windows installation, but then again it doesn't show the message with older drivers.

It has something to do with the container service not starting properly. But this only happens after a clean installation of the driver. After restarting the container service and rebooting multiple times (for testing) it just works like normal.

14. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    I know I used to have this issue in RE2 Remake a while back. Now that I've updated to 441.87, lo and behold the issue is no longer there in RE2 (I don't have the other game to test).

I did update RE2 to the latest patch (the one with the RE3 info) before trying it with 441.87, so it may not be this driver that fixes the issue. I also updated the MS Visual C++ Redistributable and ReShade, but I highly doubt that was responsible for the fix.

Anyway, everything is perfect now.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @ManuelG Gsync Compatible is giving my monitor visible scanline corruption in DX9 games. In DX11, and other formats, GSync works just fine. Sometimes the scanline corruption is only visible when interacting with other screen objects, like text boxes. In other games, like SWTOR, the corrupted area is darker and easily visible.

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Do you have vsync off?

17. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Not at all impressed with these drivers. I installed with NVSlimmer v0.7 and ESET firewall (which I set to interactive) alerts me of an Nvidia program that wants to access the internet.

I noticed that I couldn't access Nvidia control panel, so I rebooted and received a message stating it wasn't installed and to click the message to install it from the Microsoft Store. As I used MSMG Toolkit to remove Microsoft Store, I am not able to install it.

I do not want to create a Microsoft account just to install Nvidia's drivers. So how can I get Nvidia Control Panel working again?

18. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    @ManuelG can you confirm that dx12 is broken in battlefield 5 , as it ctds within 15 minutes or less . Dx11 is working though . Windows 1909 2080ti , 9900k

19. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Installed these drivers with NVSlimmer and managed to sideload NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.956.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj.Appx in PowerShell. Nvidia Control Panel once again shows when I right click my desktop, but I receive a message that a network location cannot be reached.

[​IMG]

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and thats why we don't try to circumvent the windows store.