Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'll take your word for it, but this kind off counters what I read. I could be reading it incorrectly though.

http://www.power-supply-designer.com/2011/03/efficiency/

2. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    That's a good article. Simply put:

"power supply efficiency is the output power divided by the input power".

So if a manufacturer states a 700W output power with an efficiency of 85%, it will pull more power from the input (AC wall socket) side. The ratio is less than 1 so there is less output power than input power and the output power on the DC side is what is stated on the side of the box: the cumulative current times voltage of all the available rails.

Whether any given power supply would actually deliver 700W without tripping some over-current protection or bursting into flames is another question!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's this part makes me believe that efficiency has an effect on output.

Not sure I am reading this correctly, but there it is.

4. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire

5. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    The input side is the wall socket supplying alternating current at a higher voltage (240V RMS here in the UK). The output side is split into groups of lower voltages and is connected to all the components within the PC

An efficiency of less than 100% doesn't affect the output but rather has an effect on the increased amount of the input required to supply the output.

Efficiency 100%: 700W required by PC, 700W drawn from the wall. No waste. No heating.

Efficiency 50%: 700W required by PC, 1400W drawn from wall. Half is wasted as heat.

Efficiency 10%: 700W required by PC, 7kW drawn from wall. 90% is wasted as heat and power supply is glowing red hot.

"efficiency is a measure of how much power at the input appears at the output, and therefore less waste"

It's a measure of how much is lost through the conversion of mains AC to regulated DC but the input is the AC side and the output is the DC side and the input is higher than the output for efficiencies of less that 100%.

His 700W power supply will still supply 700W at 85% efficiency - it will just take more power from the wall in order to do it.

You'll just have to believe me - we're going off topic here.
    :)

6. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    LOL most likely your build mate. Had your kind come to my shop, I can build computer yea sure, saw it on the internet and in a pc mag....

7. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I just got a driver stoped responding and ran out of virtual memory in BF3 . Could it be driver related ?
    Or Overclock is unstable?

8. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    You should always reset your overclock when you install new drivers and most likely its your OC. You can never be sure of a 100% OC on a GPU, doesn't matter if you use evga oc scanner , furmak, 3dmark ,there will be a game that could use more of the gpu in oneway or another that can crash it.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I went back to 320.78Quadro.

Idk r325/r326 branch is buggy, flawed nvcpl AO is a big no no - 327.23 Quadro/Tesla variant had the same thing..

10. ce-lin

ce-lin Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 660Ti 3GB OCWF3 SLI
    before everyone keeps pointing and laughing at me... why do everyone missed the line where I said I tried the drivers ON A NEW PC BUILD WITH NEW MOBO NEW PSU NEW CPU AND NEW GPU ?????? (and on-board audio instead of dedicated) ffs you guys...

and my old build worked like a champion before 32x.xx so no, don't blame the build, it ran everything for hours without a hiccup before 32x.xx.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't mind them. It's the internet.

12. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    Hey TJ when is the last driver that has working AO? Is it just brank 325/326 or are driver 320.xx also included in broken AO? I am going to revert tonight I just need to know how far back I should be going? Also when you revert do you just export/import the 327.23 profiles into the older driver so u have the latest profiles with a working drive?

Thanks man in advance i love reading your feedback big forum lurker for a while and you are one of the few people i check for responses in a driver thread

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hi, and thanks :)

About AO, Im not 100% sure but I think it worked ok in one or two earlier r325/r326 drivers, any r320 is ok.
    Im using this particular quadro because its the latest r320 branch and looks smooth and stable too.

Yes now I always export/import all profiles with nvinspector, usually i use the latest on older.

14. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI

Hey man if u dont mind just want to pick your mind about one more thing. 326.80 yes or no for AO working? Cause ill just go back to them if that is the case. Thanks man you are a life saver.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Not sure what the problem is, but everything is working great here. There has to be something going on with the system.

16. Satin_Knight

Satin_Knight Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 SC
    I thought my problem was solved with the 327.23, but now I having the exact same issues that ce-lin mentions. I went back to the 314.22. Nvida needs to correct this issue, because it obviously not a problem with people's systems, but a problem with Nvidia drivers.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  17. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Hi mate, honestly there really does not.

I did extensive testing on my previous Titan SLI build. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381359 and seriously 314.22 did not show the same issues AT ALL, I admit there are LISTS of issues being reported that I am simply not having. I have 2, POSSIBLY 3 issues.

Now I sold that last PC, and purchased something to tide me over util Xbox One.

This PC I am on now, is a BRAND NEW BUILD and I mean, 100% brand new, not 99% with even one small cable from the last build, this was all ordered in one go, arrived in a large box, and i built it using my years of experience.

I am having the exact same issues (mostly the stuttering displayed in the BF3 line graph I show in that other thread)

Remember ghost a lot of it depends on HOW you play, you may not notice the issues, I play at 60hz, capped 60FPS, 1080p, with a controller monitoring with Afterburner (yes ofc I have tried other software even without and stutters are there even if i cannot see the graph drop)

I purchased all quality components - so again, IT'S NOT ME!, IT'S THE DRIVERS!

The thing to remember G, is I went back and forth several times including a format and it simply does not do this on 314.22.

Here take a look at this on my new PC...

This is me running around having fun! playing Hard Reset.

[​IMG]

This is me (TRYING) hopelessly to play BF3.

[​IMG]

constant dips to 59.1, 59.6, 59.3, etc, even 58.X

Those of you claiming 'NO ISSUES' simply do not notice.

If you are CURSED like me, with sensitivity to stutters/breaks in fluidity, and GOOD EYES, there are issues.

Nvidia, I guarantee you, considered this acceptable game play - and this is why I am leaving PC gaming FOR GOOD - do they care? nope, because I am a MINORITY.

Hence - PC gaming is not for me, not at this price, if i am gonna have **** gameplay, I will pay 400 quid and lose all the hassle in the process.

November, bye Nvidia, bye PC's lol this 780 will be sold, PC will be used for downloading and surfing.

Agaian, they don't care though, why would they want a voice pointing out all the problems 99% of people are not even noticing.

This solved issues for me as well.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Neither. It sounds very much like either your pagefile is too small or that there isn't enough storage left on the hard drive the pagefile is located on.

19. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    i have a problem with some sites and flash plugin 11.8/11.9 freezing every few seconds with this driver version. disabling hardware acceleration improves/nearly solves it. shouldnt need to as i have a beefy system and a good internet connection, didnt have this problem prior to installing this version

mouse moves slower too when moving across the video

doesnt happen on all sites, just some

rolled back to 314.22, problem is fixed

20. A2ra3L

A2ra3L Member

GPU:
    MSI RX7600
    Did you even try what I suggested a few pages back before you went out and sold your pc then spent more money on another one to get the same problem? Do you ever think that maybe nobody else has the problem becuase it is something YOU are doing that causes it?

I still think that capping your fps at 60 as well as using vsync could be causing the problem. I am not saying that older drivers don't work better, but something in the newer drivers is causing the problem. How exactly are nvidia supposed to find out what it is if you just come on here and abuse them and threaten to give up pc gaming forever. They aren't going to wind back all of the changes that aren't affecting everybody else one by one and give you the modified drivers to test after every change.