NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Reported for trolling

2. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Just wanted to let you know that I did this and was able to play for 2 and a half hours without a single crash. That's the longest so far. I'll leave it running later and see how it goes.

I wasn't getting Chrome crashes, just Witcher 3 crashes. I left Chrome open in the background while playing, too.

Edit: Aaaand.. crash! Dammit. I was really hopeful that time.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I know perfectly well where and what to remove when I clean the OS. So no need in 3rd party tools.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Khronikos shouldn't be directing that towards ---TK---....I mean some of the other people maybe but I've rarely noticed ---TK--- ever complain about driver issues.Now on Geforce forums there's a whole lot of WTFs goin on over there on the daily...LOL!! I don't know how Sora and the rest find the patience, lol!!!

That'll be my last derailing comment btw! Just had to say it is all.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing tdr related anymore for me. Firefox hw on, using 353.12

But i also dont run msi ab in background much.. dont need it at desktop anyway hah

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Back on the 350.12 driver anyways, It works flawlessly on my "unstable system".

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I've not had any problems with any previous drivers myself either, can't even remember the last time I had to roll back to a previous version.

Things seem slightly better with hardware acceleration off in Firefox, but what I'm finding is instead of black screens and reboots I'm getting videos on YouTube locking up and the any windows I try to open after are black with zero text, even task manager shows up black. Weirdly though I can hit start and go into the metro tiles and log off/on to fix it.

@ManuelG I've been able to replicate it by leaving a YouTube video paused for sometime then when I try to continue playback it locks up and either black screen/restarts or does the above, going between full screen and windowed video also seems to trigger it along with adjusting the resolution. 4k YouTube videos in particular seem to crash consistently.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  8. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 ti 12GB
    Same, joined the hardlock BSOD posse. Rolling back.

Let's go, Pal.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    In my experience CCleaner and the likes create more problems than they solve. I never use them and I don't have any problems with Chrome or Firefox on any of the latest drivers. I did get one driver crash in TW3 but it's likely to be the application issue since it doesn't happen anywhere else.

Last time I have a problem (resolution switching was taking like 30 seconds for some reason) I did a couple of uninstalls / installs with the driver's own installer and deleted all "hidden" devices via Device Manager. This did the trick and this option has been doing fine for me for the last 10 or so years.

I don't recommend using any "cleaners" as they tend to mess up the registry when used outdated or without proper knowledge and this may lead to more serious issues - like Windows Updates failing and drivers not installing at all.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    We are reporting browser issues here mostly, I don`t know why you keep mentioning sli as it is run on 1 card. SLI is for gaming, not web browsing. How many times have you used sli anyway?

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i think we have a CCLEANER salesman here, i use CCLEANER professional edition (the paid one) and i think you are spreading BS @Khronikos

CCLEANER it's good for cleaning temp files and free space, but the registry cleaner only clear junk or orphan keys, i never saw cclaner erasing nvidia or any driver/hardware keys even if they are oprhan, ccleaner registry is too smart to mess with that, it's not like other registry cleaner like tuneup registry cleaner or other registry cleaner software.

And even using DDU or CCLEANER or othexcleaner, my chrome crashes still persist, well at least for me chrome is the only thing crashing, the witcher PJCARS, wolfestein, fitefox, etc,etc ,etc are working flawlessly.

some people will have more problems than others, other will have none. so trying to sell ccleaner to people will not solve things

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    What sli setups did you have?

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Go ahead and test the program across thousands of systems and scenarios so that you have conclusive proof to say that it's absurd it could potentially cause a problem. Then get back to us.

Actually no, how about we discuss the driver at hand instead of pointing fingers and talking about registry and junk cleaning programs. The idea that someone must have done something wrong because their driver is crashing is a bit ridiculous. If you don't crash, great. Other people are. Especially SLI users.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    As I mentioned numerous times, 350.12 and earlier do not exhibit this behavior as far as web browsers go. I can replicate the problem just by installing the last 3 drivers. If it works for you does not automatically default to user error.

15. night8388

night8388 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    I get crashes every 1-2hours in GTA V using this driver and 352.86 (clean installs + latest DDU) :(

16. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    I really can't wait for the day you get banned. We will all be soooo happy.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I said to get back on topic. Last warning.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    nah. just now my chrome freeze & guess what the TDR appeared again. damn this 353.12 still haven't fix the issue yet.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Are you running msi afterburner in the background?

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i removed all the OC tools. i found out earlier if msi running behind the background crashes chances is damn higher.

i tested many times with fresh install on 352.86, 353.06 & 353.12 all got TDR issue + google chrome freezing but if u got 347.88 act as base, this issue still happened but it will minimize.

yesterday whole day no issue but today suddenly chrome freeze & TDR appeared.

FYI, i didn't OC at all..