NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not likely to be the PSU, only a couple months old, and I don't get these problems with pre-353.06 drivers

347.88 are spot on, but not optimised for newer games

The 35x series drivers gradually add more and more bugs up until 353.06 where I get resets

Testing the newest hotfix drivers, but not expecting miracles as they are pretty much 353.06 with a g-sync fix

EDIT - It seems to be related to the browser (FF) - downloads start to slowdown and eventually hit Kb/s instead of MB/s, then bam, black screen reset

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Sorry to hear so many are having issues with this driver. I can only report how stable these are for my system and the performance increase is very welcome. No problems with FF, but that has never been an issue with any driver I've used.

Best of all, I have better performance on minimum frame rates with a lower overclock than with higher overclock with previous drivers. This is exactly what I was hoping to see.

As always, I only install display, audio and physx drivers.

3. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I have one of the best rated PSU's Superflower ;) However you can tell it's a driver problem because when your system is completely stable, no crashes or anything, then you go to a new driver and you get a " Driver has stopped responding " every 15mins when just using chrome or firefox, you know it's a driver issue!

It seems to be this awful 353.* branch

4. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Same here, only display, HDMI audio and Physx drivers installed, not a single problem on my side on rig in my sig: games, FF... everything is running rock-solid and gr.card is nicely OC'ed + there is a noticable higher framerate in almost all games with 353.06. Before switching from one driver to another I'm always using latest DDU, don't have time and nerves to waste to manualy remove drivers files and driver registry leftovers after stock driver uninstaller finishes it's job removing previous driver.

Before this 353.06 I was using 350.12, 347.88, 337.88... without a single problem, BSOD... anything.

5. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    These drivers didn't fix jack ****. Crashes in Battlefield 3,4. After GTAV drivers for my cards just crash whilst gaming,

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    The latest stable driver I can use is 350.12. Newer drivers I get FF crashes and Driver not responding every few minutes on the desktop.

7. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Funny I'm back to 347.88. Then I decided to run 3DMark and noticed I gain 200 points in graphics with this 1, never noticed really just use to tune card overclock, or help anyway.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Yep, the one I went back to

9. revenge

revenge Member

GPU:
    gtx 680 lightning
    I noticed people with gtx 670 /gtx 680 are very happy with this new driver.
    Iam very happy too. I got a gtx 680 lightning, and i got in BF4 atleast 25% better fps!!
    Maybe they changed my card to a gtx780 :):):)

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No, Bhudda has Sli 670s and they're crashing as well unfortunately (post #307).I've given up trying to figure out this one.Just hope Nvidia gets on top of it before it really starts affecting Everyone.

11. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    This driver seems OK. I don't do benchmarks but I haven't crashed and everything feels very smooth. I do run at stock clocks on my GPUs though because previous drivers didn't seem to like OCing at all. Either that or they were more crash prone, hard to say.

12. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    No issues with this driver, got a performance boost with Witcher 3 and no issues whatsoever. DSR works as well (had problems with older drivers).

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    For anyone who lives near our corporate office in Santa Clara, California USA and are having regular TDRs in Chrome or other browser since the previous driver was released but goes away when you roll back to driver 350.12, please let me know if you would be willing to work with us. We are having a hard time getting regular repros of this issue this delays our ability to root cause the problem. You can reach me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com.

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Try running DDU in safe mode and cleaning the old driver first, then clean install 353.06

Strange but when I used DDU first and then installed the 353.06 I had chrome TDR's.

But when I installed 347.88 driver first and then updated without DDU or clean install to 353.06 the chrome TDR's stopped.

Maybe some file, registry key, or setting that is left over from the 347.88 driver is keeping the 353.06 driver stable?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i installed 347.88 as base then top in with 353.12 no more issue for 1 day.

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    So I might be on to something here.

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Too many factors in the world of so called IBM PC. I have never used cleaning tools and never have troubles with drivers.

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Other side of the country, NJ.
    Specs in profile.
    Firefox with hardware acceleration off.
    Aeoro is enabled.
    MSI Afterburner running in the background.
    Last 3 drivers exhibit this behavior. 350.12 and earlier work fine.
    No driver cleaners installed or used ever.
    If you need further info ask.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    TBH remarks like that make you sound like a tool. I was responding to ManuelG.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I have been on this forum for 10 years with many different sli rigs. You might want to look up all the driver issues I have had in that timeframe. Your argument is invalid and I will not be stupped to arguing with tools.