New GFX.. Nvidia or ATI?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by HoT-DoG, Jan 23, 2006.

1. HoT-DoG

HoT-DoG Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 6600GT
    Hi

Since i have one 6600GT im a bit inclined to chose Nvidia.. and mostly because of the DIGITAL VIBRANCE!! but Ati seems to have a much better visual quality.. What should i chose? My Cap is $500!

Hope you can help

"Don't even think about it"

2. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    First off is your mobo agp or Pci-e and does it matter? will you be upgrading your whole system? If you are i say evga 7800gtx ko with asc3

3. HoT-DoG

HoT-DoG Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 6600GT
    Yeah, i forgot that detail.. i was thinking about keeping my system, or else ill have to wait some extra time to buy the whole bunch.

And if i think a bit about it.. its maybe the best solution, since i have a sempron, AGP slot, DDR memory.. i should do a jump to new technology.

Even so, i would appreciate some advices, about the quality/performance of both brands

"Don't even think about it"

4. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    They both have quality and performance, yet ATI is more regular with driver updates which can be benefital espesically when new games come out. Value for money was more important when I went from ati to nvidia, as I saw the 7800GT as powerful and not overly expensive.

5. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    if you have skt 754 get an ati x850 xt pe or a pro and flash it to an xt pe with a new cooling fan.so you can save for a new proc.

6. mike41

mike41 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    hey hot dog, this is off topic but im willing to buy your 6600gt off of you. Tell me what your price for it is if ur interested

7. HoT-DoG

HoT-DoG Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 6600GT
    lol i would, but im from portugal, i guess ur not even from europe :p and i'm still deciding of what, and IF i will buy something new.. this got me thinking that i really need a whole new computer

8. shava

shava Member Guru

GPU:
    SOON: x850xt PE
    This is the wrong place to be saying ati or nvidia, most people in here will say nvidia since its in the nvidia section of the forums. For me i would say nvidia, better for overclocking in my expirence.

9. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I'd say: Upgrade your whole system. If you buy a card in the $500 range, it will be bottlenecked terribly by your cpu.

10. Logick

Logick Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7900GT
    Was gonna post that ;) Totally agreed. Your system is just not for a $500 video card, man.

11. Kenneth_irl

Kenneth_irl Active Member

GPU:
    LT 6800LE@12,6 405@1,4v / 880@2,84v
    ATI's x1000 series have a feature just like ''digital vibrance'' Link: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33838394

But I don't like the way you trick ppl into giving you money by clicking on that link you posted, I hope you'll get a warning for that. :mad:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  12. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    alright kid, you can upgrade your motherboard and keep your CPU by goin for dfi or asus nf4 mobo with socket 754 and pci-express, that will save u a ton of dough. I suggest the DFI personally so you can get the most out of your sempron because you will be needing it. from there buy a xfx 6800GS and you will have a little more cash for an extra gig of ram so you can play battlefield 2 smooth as silk. this will cost you.. 100 for the mobo, 200 for the videocard, and 100 for some good ram. and bam your done, then in a year or 2 when you think you need it, simply upgrade your mobo and cpu. most cost effective choice.

if you want, you can spend 300 on video and get a 7800GT or a 1800XL (i suggest 1800XL)

13. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    ati for qualoty of texture, nivdia for raw performance plus quality as well lol.

14. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC