MSI Launches Force GC30 and GC20 Game Controllers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI announces an all-new series of game controller, named Force. The Force GC30 and Force GC20 controllers are specifically designed for use on multiple platforms including Windows, Android and popula...

MSI Launches Force GC30 and GC20 Game Controllers

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So then are these Xinput or Dinput?

3. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Judging by looking very similar to the xbox controller i would guess its x-input.

Also Hilbert, the links are unfortunately broken right now.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks more like Hilbert has received links that are not active yet :) I tried searching for the product on the MSI page but found nothing.

5. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    I was just about to edit my post after trying to search myself, looks like they havent made the pages live like you say..

I wonder how these controllers will connect wirelessly, through a dongle or bluetooth and if by a wireless dongle, how many devices you can connect to a single dongle. On the topic, does anyone know how many xbox one controllers you can connect to a single dongle?

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I believe 4? The new ones though are Bluetooth, which as far as I know are only limited to whatever your bluetooth radio can handle.

7. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Cool beans, thanks!

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yep ! :)

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not fan of xbox layout for analog sticks, i looking for new gamepad to replace my logitech Cordless rumble 2, was gona get F710 but i heard nightmare about driver issue and wireless range, wonder what they gona charge for these

10. superpoeper

superpoeper Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1070 O8G
    hey everybody and tsunami231 in particular.
    just a thought....
    get a ps4 controller (model CUH-ZCT2E so you have a second generation controller with the light emitting stripe on the touchpad) and get one of these: DualShock 4 wireless USB adapter (CUH-ZWA1E)
    use both of these and it works as a Dinput controller.

use the "inputmapper" program so that windows recognises is as a Xinput controller (a xbox 360 controller) with a lot of adjustable settings...
    with a nice added bonus the touchpad can control the mousepointer almost like the touchpad on a laptop
    https://inputmapper.com/

i have been using this setup on several windows pc's and it works great, all games see a xbox 360 controller and it is recognised by any emulator...
    however, i only use one gamepad per dongle and i don't know if the dongle can be used with multiple controllers.
    Also i have tested it with my 2 android tv boxes and it does not work with them...

I use a gamesir g3s (the one with the red analogue sticks) on my android tv boxes, one via bluetooth and one with the dongle so it works with both my boxes...
    With the dongle it also works with windows as a Dinput gamepad.
    I have not tested the analogue sticks much in windows so i cannot tell if they are precise or not but they feel good and are great for psx/psp/n64 emulation on my android boxes...

Both have great D-pads and the layout is like a playstation controller....

I also use "retrolink n64 controller" on PC for a few retro consoles like sega and n64 for the button layout of the gamepad...
    i used the analogue stick to finish 7 n64 games already (among them: both Zelda games, conker's bad fur day, banjo kazooie and tooie, F-zero and roadsters)
    its almost like the real deal (D-pad is a little different but not bad at all)
    but i cannot guarantee if it is as strong in terms of endurance and durability as the original one....

this is just my 0.02
    oh and as a sidenote i'm a controller user since before the original NES was launched in the 1980's so i have used my fair share of different controllers and i still have a lot of retro gaming fun on a weekly basis...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    vbetts and shalafi like this.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Or you could just connect a PS4 controller directly to your PC through Bluetooth like anything else and use DS4Windows to emulate it as a 360 pad and also to turn off its LEDs to double its battery life...

12. Pawel04

Pawel04 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950/3GB
    Yer avoid these, i actually have two atm and the wireless range gets pretty sketchy even at around 2 metres hence my interest in this article ;)

13. shalafi

shalafi Member

GPU:
    GB 1080Ti FE Hybrid
    great post, thanks [:

14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Personally, I like the PS4 controller the best out of any controller I've used. Second is the Xbox One controller.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I like DS4 controllers but there battery life is simply shitty compared to every other controller i ever owned. i heard the revised ones are just as bad

I like my Logitech Cordless rumblepad 2, but the 2 analog stick button dont register 50% of the time. that has 2 enloop rechargeable batteries in that dont need to get charged for months of usage, DS4 is dead with 8 hours of usage.

IF i had spare ds4 i would spend the 25~40$ for ds4 usb dongle instead then again I have bluetooth dongle I can use and i windows 10 will see the ds4 and pad will work find in steam games. but like said the battery life is bad.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017

16. superpoeper

superpoeper Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1070 O8G
    what you say concerning battery life is true more or less...
    i disable the led with inputmapper and that adds 2 to 3 hours.

i also have the official Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 Charging Station.
    Since my PS4 Pro and pc are both connected to the same TV it is a convenient thing to have...
    i play till it stops working due to dead battery on pc. Go into the menu of the game (with keyboard and mouse) and save progress if possible.
    Switch out the 2 dongles i have and power up the second ps4 controller and it connects and, in most games i can do this "switching" without even exiting the game.
    (or i save and exit the game, swap dongle and gamepad en restart the game and continue)