MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There is no memory temperature sensor. Besides traditional GPU temperature there should be 1 PCB and 4 VRM sensors.

2. Crysis111

Crysis111 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti Lightning
    Thanks very For Quick reply. But my 780 and 980ti Lightnings AB was monotoring The Memory Temps. So MSI does not implemented a Sensor in The 1080ti Lightning?
    I will take a Look at MSI Homepage

3. Unwinder

Once again, the only sensors available on this card are the ones I listed. No need to ask me why.

4. Crysis111

Crysis111 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti Lightning

5. Unwinder

They covered their back with "*Tatsächliche Lage der Temp Überwachung kann von der Abbildung abweichen" note. There are no dedicated memory temperature sensors installed on this model.

6. Crysis111

Crysis111 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti Lightning
    Thank you very much Unwinder . Great Support from you

7. Unwinder

If you absolutely need memory temperature on 1080Ti Lightning, you may treat its PCB temperature sensor as something rather close to it. PCB temperature is measured inside NCT7511Y chip, located on the back side of PCB under top row of memory chips. If you look at hi-res PCB back screenshot here, it is located above GPU socket next to top backplate mounting hole (chip marked as U512??? if I read that PCB photo properly). TVRM1 is measured inside GPU VRM (IR3595A, the chip with yellow dot on the front side of PCB), TVRM2 is measured inside memory VRM (IR3570B, the chip with blue dot on the front side of PCB). TVRM3 and TRVM4 are external thermistors located somewhere near the MOSFETs, MSI do not disclose their exact positions.

8. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    bump..... :(

9. Unwinder

No need to bump threads please, that's waste of your and my time. I read and verify everything posted in this forum and reply to everything I find impirtant and NOT user related.

10. Riddick2015

Riddick2015 Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    Beta 15, win10 1.7.7.2 amd latest drivers, FuryX, memory clock can't adjust and it resets back to 500.

11. Unwinder

Use search.

12. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Didn't check this thread in a while, so not sure if it has already been reported.
    Running V4.4.0 Beta 15 and RTSS 7.0.0 Beta 28.

The Fullspeed clock for my old Lynnfield i7-870 shows 3680mhz and idle 1440.
    1440 is correct as this is 160x9 but 3680 is 160x23 but it should be 160x24
    [​IMG]

But yeah, thats old CPU so probably doesn't matter ^^ just wanted to mention it.

The real issue is the Marker:
    [​IMG]

For GPU Voltage and AUX Voltage the markers are set with a 4 Miunte Delay.
    This Happened because i've opened settings, added both Voltage graphs to Monitoring and then used the marker.
    After a restart of MSI Afterburner this problem was gone.

So it's not really a big issue, but i tought i'd mention is anyway.

13. Unwinder

CPU clock graph is reflecting the maximum core clock frequency and it matches with "Max Core clock" from Intel XTU from your screenshot. And in addition to that I'll repeat one more time that anything related to CPU monitoring is a bonus feature provided with zero support from MSI side and under zero support obligations, I don't pay attention to requests like "make may XXX CPU supported".

Wrong position of custom tracking marker on the graphs added dynamically during application runtime is a known issue.

14. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    I was wondering if theres any way to make MSI Afterburner + RTSS start with Windows on a standard account. It´s really annoying to start it manually every time.

15. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Yes, disable UAC...

16. haze_1986

haze_1986 New Member

GPU:
    PowerColor 4850 512MB
    Hi, may I request for a feature? Since for Pascal the max boost clocks are highly temp dependent, I would suggest that there is a function to compensate for the dropped clocks. i.e. Abv a certain temperature when clocks are dropped one bin, afterburner can increase the overclock to compensate for it. The user should have control with the fan speeds to keep the temps within check. But for pascal there is simply too many "actions" at many intervals that makes user difficult to keep temperatures at a certain range to prevent dropped clocks

17. Bojcha

Bojcha Active Member

GPU:
    many
    Suggestion..
    Is it possible to make voltage cotrol from -200 to +200 for AMD cards?
    Atleast -200 to +100.

18. psolord

psolord Active Member

GPU:
    4070ti/3060ti/6600+
    Hello. I noticed that the latest MSI Afterburner does not show gpu load on my GTX 1070 when palying back a Youtube video like this one.

GPUz however shows the gpu usage just fine.

Can somebody check, because I don't have my secondary system closeby and I cannot check on another system.

thanks

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Works fine here on 440b16/700b28:

[​IMG]

The clock bump in the right half is me opening the video on YouTube instead of playing it as embed here.

psolord likes this.
  20. Unwinder

Zero chances. GPU load is reported by NV driver and displayed as is, it is not something MSI AB "calculates" itself.

psolord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.